Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor squishy face and all of the other dullards at the MSMs are crying in their pablum this AM.
    All those specials they had planned, now to be forgotten.
    All those sad, angry and practiced faces have to be saved for another hoped for story to be hyped, exaggerated and not even close to the truth piece of fiction. .
    Did they even cover the rally(s), or were they just waiting to cut in with some BS that fit their wanted narrative?
    Do "they" even know that nothing happened because they were cut off at the knees by people who understood and saw them coming?
    How hard was Gov Blackface hoping for something to happen?
    How many of those losers hiding in that building will survive the next election?
    It does not even matter, vote against every democrat in every election.
  • Options
    If voting really mattered they wouldn't let us do it.
    It got Trump in. The best (the only good one in how many years?) choice we have had since before carter.
  • Options
    Sometimes I just can't tell if AOC is blind or not. I know beyond any doubt "she" is irredeemably stupid.

https://youtu.be/S-P5xJY9dlY

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    It got Trump in. The best (the only good one in how many years?) choice we have had since before carter.
    Trump lost the popular vote. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a little research on this and this guy is probably the most accurate in what bills are being introduced and how.
    If Virginia passes this and enforces it, other states will follow.
    Not might follow, but will follow.
    And for those who say that firearms aren't a big deal to them, consider this.
    Once the 2nd amendment is crushed, they will go after other amendments.

https://youtu.be/Rk_md3j5YZg
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    jd50ae said:
    Good thing we have the Electoral college, it works. You vote for the clintonistas? :)
    It is worth remembering though, because as much as I like some of the "other" parties platforms we should all remember to vote against all democrats in all elections.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beg to differ.  These proposals have thus far been voted for along party lines.  It's every Democrat for and every Republican against these bills.  The next two elections are going to be interesting down there. 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOL said:
    I beg to differ.  These proposals have thus far been voted for along party lines.  It's every Democrat for and every Republican against these bills.  The next two elections are going to be interesting down there. 
    Differ with what?
    So many different things, have to be specific.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    The gentleman in the video kept saying this wasn't a right vs. left issue.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Well, lessee... on February 4th 2018, the Patriots gained 613 yards whereas the Eagles only gained 538. Who won? Eagles. What? How? Why? Unfair? Scored more. That's how it works. Not yards; score.

I'm tired of this popular vote remark. As tho it means something. You score by racking up states. Some states rack up more electoral votes than others. But the general idea is, you gotta unite the country. That's how it works. Adams, Hayes, Harrison, Bush, Trump... all won without the popular vote. And if you subtract the dead voters from Texas and the multiple voters from Chicago, you have to figure that Kennedy fell short of BOTH the popular AND the electoral votes. Even casting a blind eye to the Byrd/Thurmond fiasco, while completely ignoring the Dixiecrat poll tax BS,

... and here's the thing: I'll bet you knew the rules when you repeated this nonsense about "popular vote".

I dunno why it gets under my skin. It does. Democracies are ruined by demagogues. That's why they gave us a republic.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOL said:
    The gentleman in the video kept saying this wasn't a right vs. left issue.
    He was referring to who it will affect, not who was voting on it.
    He meant that the bills will not single out if you are left or right, every hunter, gun enthusiast and gun owner will be affected.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    270 EC votes needed to win the office.  Using current EC allocation by state you only need to win 11 specific states:
    CA  (55)
    TX  (38)
    NY  (29)
    FL   (29)
    IL    (20)
    PA  (20)
    OH (18)
    MI  (16)
    GA  (16)
    NC  (15)
    NJ  (14)

The rest of us are pretty much eyecandy.

Source:  archives.gov/electoral-college/allocation
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
     When you vote for a Presidential candidate, you aren’t actually voting for President. You are telling your State which candidate you want your State to vote for at the meeting of electors. The States use these general election results (also known as the popular vote) to appoint their electors. The winning candidate’s State political party selects the individuals who will be electors.

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their States. Some States, however, require electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—electors bound by State law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

And that's how you win an election without winning the actual popular vote.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

• Options
    Won't they have to learn real words first?
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    One thing at a time
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already brought it back but they don’t do it very in-depth. My twins are 12 and got to do it but my oldest missed out. 
  • Options
  • Options
    deadman said:
    They already brought it back but they don’t do it very in-depth. My twins are 12 and got to do it but my oldest missed out. 
    My youngest can't read it.  **** liberals, cut handwriting so they can teach lefty BS like "climate change" and "tolerance" instead of how to read and write.  These kids should be able to sue the liberals into the ground for not providing them a proper education.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teaching to read and write is the key.  I was never taught how to write in cursive at the very conservative school I attended.  We were taught to write in italics instead and our penmanship was always graded.  Later, when I began attending another school, I basically taught myself cursive.  That is one of the reasons typing works best for me.  I can actually read it :)!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dip pen and inkwell starting in the 4th grade, before that pencils.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Remember those big fat black pencils?  Super-wide lead with no eraser?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Don Lemon's assault accuser says CNN anchor a 'liar and hypocrite' with #MeToo coverage

Looks like the arrogant little squishy face is about to be handed a very public spanking. Anyone think cnn or any of the other msms will cover it?
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Remember those big fat black pencils?  Super-wide lead with no eraser?
    What about the paper that still had splinters of wood in it?
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    And yet our nutritionists continue to tell us it’s okay to eat tilapia, the bulk of which is imported into the US from China. 

This ol’ boy ain’t eating’ that s h I t....👎
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Watch it buster! The only thing some need to learn is English not Spanish...
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.