Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^That's a great idea... except around here, for nine months out of the year the cold water is actually cold which would lead to Puckering-Sphincter Syndrome which would cause less than optimal results.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

The beauty of a mixing valve. Keeps the tank from sweating during the summer too.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean like this:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

He said he's performing a public service. What a ****.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    This forum could lose 25% of its members, being as a good chunk of us are oldfarts. We just have to be prepared to become deceased in an orderly and slow-paced fashion, so as to not overwhelm the community's ability to cope with the crisis.

Yes, but what to do with all our cigars???

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know that moment when you think, ok, it can't get any more f*k'd up than this and then it does?
    Well, here we are.

The world has lost is mind.
    Talk of closing borders.......BETWEEN STATES!
    Closing restaurants and bars for weeks.
    Banning people gathering in groups of more than 50 people.

I don't drink, but it might be time for a drink.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

My college is cancelling classes for a week and making all face to face classes online. They also cancelled online classes for the week. I still can't figure that one out.

We are having a mandatory meeting this morning, but it is online so we don't get together, but we are all required to be at work and are required to be here all week.

• Options

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51869417

“The nephew of the late Nelson Mandela – who happens to be a South African king – was arrested after allegedly going on an ax rampage in the palace, reports claim.

Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo reportedly broke into the Thembu royal palace early Friday morning searching for his son, the regent, the BBC reported. Dalindyebo’s son, Azensthi Zanelizwe Dalindyebo, had been acting as king while his father was serving a 12-year prison sentence for kidnapping, assault, and arson.

He only served a third of his sentence and released in December 2019 after President Cyril Ramaphosa granted some prisoners early parole. A royal spokesman said Azensthi and his wife were targeted in the early-morning attack. The regent escaped through a window, but his wife was injured and subsequently taken to a hospital, the BBC reported.

“He was carrying weapons such as (an) ax, a machete and also a crowbar,” royal spokesman Prince Siganyeko Dalindyebo told public broadcaster SABC. “He managed to break a window from the sitting room of the main house.”

…“As he was moving up the stairs looking for the acting king, some people managed to distract him and then the acting king managed to jump out of a window, running for safety,” the prince continued.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited March 2020

His own son? Did I read that wrong?

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    His own son? Did I read that wrong?

Yep... a regular Ivan the Terrible

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

power corrupts, dem and rep alike:

After saying last month that the U.S. was “better prepared than ever before” to confront the virus, Senator Richard Burr, Republican of North Carolina and chairman of the Intelligence Committee, sold hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of stock before the markets plunged. Three other senators — Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California; James Inhofe, Republican of Oklahoma; and Kelly Loeffler, Republican of Georgia — also sold major holdings, according to disclosure records.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^I read that too. But isn't that what you're supposed to do when you suspect an imminent downturn? I mean, that's what is causing most of the market's losses is people wanting to get out of the market, so everybody's doing it. (The smart people are going back in to buy at reduced prices, but that's another story). These senators are crooks anyway, even if they didn't act dastardly this time. The question, I suppose, is did they have insider information and abuse their position in government?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

^^ news says they got a briefing in a committee to which they all belong

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they can prove that their stocks are/were in a blind trust and they had no control of the trades, they are in the clear, technically. It's easy to point fingers at this point BECAUSE the trades are disclosed, and it looks bad. I've already heard rebuttals from at least one senator who claims "blind trust" and no direct influence of the trades.

This is fake fake news if the same "blind trust" info was available to the media, yet they went ahead and smeared the senators/congressmen for the trades.

• Options

I think I'll buy stock in Johnson& Johnson. And toilet paper and ammo.

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Burr is part of the gang of 8 so he knew more than what the public was told to believe or was being briefed. No need to worry though he is a Senator everything is ok.

I mean hell just less than a few weeks ago Hannity was telling everyone it's a hoax only to come back a few days later and say he never called it a hoax. Brilliant.

Burr can just say he was listening to Hannity and it was a hoax so he sold because he worried about making way too much money if he held his positions.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

I hesitate to demand consistency over time when the subject in question is unprecedented and developing.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

^They didn't show that on the news lately...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

^^ So CNN loses another talking head. Sad. ^^

• Options

@webmost said:

He swears he was only drinking.... with pills, meth and who knows what else strewn everywhere as he laid incoherent when police arrived LMAO!

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@webmost said:

He swears he was only drinking.... with pills, meth and who knows what else strewn everywhere as he laid incoherent when police arrived LMAO!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    ^They didn't show that on the news lately...

I hadn't heard about it. He's a democrat though so he get's a pass from the media (MSM),..... as much of a pass as they can, considering the nature of train wreck they are trying to tiptoe past.

• Options
    edited March 2020

Perhaps CNN can get Avenatti out on work release to replace him.

• Options
    edited March 2020

Why can't the 5 US Senators infected or in quarantine vote for the new Stimulus Bill for the Corona Virus economic relief?
    I put this here so not to clutter @CalvinAndHobo thread with political stuff.