you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:
    ^JD’s back :D

Why is he being flagged? Any reason? Or, just because he's JD? Or, because what he said is verifiable and true?

Strange to think that people with no guts smoke cigars, so, it couldn't be us.

Must be some kind of gutless stalker trolls.

I don't know why he gets flagged, I didn't flag him. I enjoy a lot of his posts and find them quite humorous. He's been off the forum for a couple months. I think he left for a while because other members were giving him $hit about his comments and starting a bunch of new threads, I could careless what he says or how many threads he starts.

Yeah, I understand. I've been known to call him down myself for outrageous posts in the past, so I get that, but why not directly address whatever the problem is at hand? And, the flagged post is really not offensive. Not any more than the rest of the typical "man-humor" that goes on around here.

I guess I just grew up around a bunch of guys that were pretty much Walt Kowalski from Gran Torino. If they weren't talking rough to you, you must be in some kind of real trouble with them. But what they wouldn't do, is stab you in the back anonymously. You have to be a real pansy to do that.

This is why I do not like that any of the buttons have become anonymous! All it has caused is problems, starts $hit.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

It could easily have been accidental. Touch screens are real easy to do this while scrolling, etc.

BTW, welcome back @jd50ae .

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

That^ is true, happens occasionally. I suspect half the time the fat-fingered person doesn't even notice, but when they do they are quick to say that is what happened. With those buttons being anonymous the people who do it unintentionally will never know they are the one who flagged someone and the recipient's feelings could be hurt.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    That^ is true, happens occasionally. I suspect half the time the fat-fingered person doesn't even notice, but when they do they are quick to say that is what happened. With those buttons being anonymous the people who do it unintentionally will never know they are the one who flagged someone and the recipient's feelings could be hurt.

I know that I sometimes hang my phone up with my earlobe.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

JD’s trolling flaggers have depressed the button thanks to @peter4jc post going to reveal them.

To bad it’s coded and should be in the IT departments system of who hit those flag buttons...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    JD’s trolling flaggers have depressed the button thanks to @peter4jc post going to reveal them.

To bad it’s coded and should be in the IT departments system of who hit those flag buttons...

Isn't the WTF button anonymous too?
    That never made much sense to me.
    Wonder if they change it back to where you can see who disagrees, if a bunch of them will disappear. LOL!

I don't care if someone disagrees with me, but when they don't say what they disagree with, what's the point?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotten more disagrees in the last 6 months than the entire time I have been on the forum.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    I gotten more disagrees in the last 6 months than the entire time I have been on the forum.

Threw you a WTF, just to even things up.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@deadman said:

Threw you a WTF, just to even things up.

One step closer to my 100 wtf badge. If there’s not a 100 wtf badge I’m going to be severely disappointed 😂

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

191 and counting...

edited July 2020

@deadman said:

That's cause you like too much of my stuff. LOL!

There, did you get your WTF badge? :wink:

Also, we need an FU button and make it visible!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:
    Ok, what about Native Americans, Jews, Asians and other minorities who had other atrocities against them? Where are their national anthems before the games?
    People want to talk about equality, but it seems that one minority is getting preferential treatment right now.

THE National Anthem is for ALL americans.
    Putting another anthem before THE National Anthem is disrespectful to the nation as a whole. It says that the rest of America doesn't matter and is only a second thought.

As a Native American, I find this to be ridiculous.

NFL to Play Black National Anthem Before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' During All Week 1 Games: Report

https://youtu.be/fh6vS4YoBUs

They are over Terry Cruz for his comments about not letting it look like black supremacy

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

😂 still 2 wtf short

@deadman said:

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

😂 still 2 wtf short

How bout now? :D

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

😂 still 2 wtf short

How bout now? :D

Now we wait and see if a badge pops up.

@deadman said:

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

😂 still 2 wtf short

Gave you an extra WTF just incase someone retracts theirs and you get demoted LOL

This is how messed up things have become and how much power politicians are giving a Marxist group.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited July 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I didn't want to start a new thread for this, I guess it fits here as well as anywhere.

It occurs to me, by application of reductionist logic, that a voters choices in America today boil down to this:

Democrats, a bunch of power-hungry greedy bahstids whose greed is propelled by their hunger for power.

Or

Republicans, a bunch of greedy power-hungry bahstids whose **** for power is propelled by their greed.

Neither side gives two hoots for the bottom 99% of the population.

I don't think I'm making this up.

So what's your point? Did you think that two hoots was ever an option? It's not in the nature of those who aspire to govern to do good once they arrive; only to hoot about it on the way in. Power corrupts.

Sorry to break liberal daydreams, but here is the deal: You cannot have good government. Not an option. Not in its nature. Government is a cabal by the greedy and powerful to protect their pilth and power. How do we know? Always has been.

If I could peekl forward in time thousands of years, I would expect to find that Humanity had long ago conquered cancer, mastered time and space, colonized the galaxy, devised new religions, eradicated aging... and yet, their government would still be corrupt.

Like surgery: It's a necessary evil, but less is more.

We are left with this question: Which side offers less gratuitous regulation, taxation, militarism, thought control, and overall ruthless do-goodism? Left? Or Right?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Why is he being flagged? Any reason? Or, just because he's JD? Or, because what he said is verifiable and true?

FLAG? What Flag? And considering the state of the country who cares.
    And we have at least 2

edited July 2020

My point? Mostly just a casual observation at 3 a.m. on a sleepless night.

However, you made my point clearer in a couple spots above. That government is corrupt at its core.

Also, that last series of questions you asked. The answers change, depending on which way the pendulum has most recently swung, and where the movement is in the pursuit of it's agenda at the moment.

Both sides utilize all those schemes, regulation / deregulation, taxation, militarism, thought control, ruthless do-goodism, in abundance. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Examples abound. We could spend forever discussing any one of those.

So I guess my hope, my point if you will in posting the statement, would be that perhaps if enough people were bold enough to speak the truth aloud, that both sides are by nature corrupt, that perhaps more folks would see through the "party lines" to the underlying nature of the system, and realize that allying themselves with either left or right will only lead to more of the same.

In other words, that just because the dream of good government won't come true, is no reason to stop believing in it, because sometimes those are the things worth believing in. Stole that from Second Hand Lions.

*note, the word edited out by the nanny censor in my post above was L. U. S. T., as in the desire for power, a common phrase used millions of times in all sorts of situations. This is an example of runaway political correctness, another tactic that both sides are equally guilty of. These days, it's mostly the left. Other times, not so much.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@jd50ae said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:

FLAG? What Flag? And considering the state of the country who cares.

They've been removed, it seems.

edited July 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

... just because the dream of good government won't come true, is no reason to stop believing in it, because sometimes those are the things worth believing in.

Leftist daydreams invite existential nightmares.

edited July 2020

I guess I'm a leftist today. I never know, the labels are usually applied according to the biases of the labeler. I suppose you're right, and the only alternative is right-wing daydreams, which turn into Reichs and Juntas.

I'm still waiting for the pendulum to settle at center, which will never happen. Just like no one's ever going to stop kicking that racist ball. Which is why it just keeps on rolling along. Remember when Republicans were the ones trying to turn out the black vote, and Democrats were into suppression? Back and forth, greed and power, the great American motivators.

It is sad when patriots are considered dinosaurs. Going extinct by the days.
    In it's place, spoiled, egotistical, entitled brats.

That's ok, cause most of us will have the last laugh, when most of the hard working people retire and the lazy youth are too busy playing video games to notice that they are running out of food.

And the youth who wise up, will escalate prices on farm products and laugh all the way to the bank.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

"Seattle held 'segregated' training session on 'undoing whiteness,' encouraged staffers to forfeit****_ 'guaranteed physical safety'_**
    City of Seattle instructed White employees to forgo jobs, promotions, safety in interest of racial justice"

Hmm.....mass exodus?

Tonight I was watching the press briefing, (it came up in my Youtube feed. LOL!) and the reporters are still hammering about Trump's tax returns.

Why is this even an issue, let alone, why it is still an issue.
    I didn't realize that a person was required to submit their tax returns, to run for president. He made a $h!tload of money. What is the question?

If it is his personal tax records that they are concerned about, why?
    I wouldn't want everyone seeing my personal tax returns either.
    Especially my kids. LOL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

This is so absurd.
    This is a govt entity. How the hell is this being allowed?
    I lived in Boston in the late 60s, early 70s and went to school in Weymouth.
    I remember that segregation was still present. It was just at the beginning of the de-segregation of schools and it was wrong then, just as it is wrong now.

City of Seattle held segregated training session for white staff aimed at 'undoing their whiteness'

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

Apparently, in the wee brains of morons, doubling down on racism is the path to end racism. Perhaps they're anticipating a backlash so powerful that no one will ever want to touch the subject again?