Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to wonder if China is just waiting to see the US tear itself apart.
    At the rate we are headed, it may not take that long.

What are these "repressed" people going to do when they abolish police and society fails? Where will they get their "assistance"?

When they destroy the infrastructure and trucks are no longer moving, farmers give up and the rest of the country just says the hell with it, where will these people get their food and stuff?

They want to destroy the system, but don't understand that you can't destroy the system without severe repercussions and unless you are able to fend for yourself, that may make things pretty tough. Food, products, gasoline, etc won't move, won't be available and then things will get really rough.

Rioters (protesters, my a$$) tried to attack and destroy a police precinct in Portland. Police used a type of tear gas to disperse the mob. It has become pathetic.
    And they want to make the police the bad people?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:

@peter4jc said:
    Some suspect Trump is intentionally sabotaging his chances of reelection.

The Senate or Congress need to find out if it is true.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

These things started long before Trump. It became an issue for me in 2005 as China began purchasing HUGE businesses. Control part of our power grid located near Military Installations, farms and more.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-buying-dozens-u-commercial-115500272.html

Even liberal yahoo has an article on a small piece of the problem

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Yep. Kind of like making the overtly racist statement: "All Lives Matter". That statement suggests that we're all equal, and, apparently there is a powerful segment of our country that does not want that to be true.

I do not know the whole story, only rumors, but I'm told that we've lost the local Harley / Honda / Polaris dealership because the owner reportedly texted All Lives Matter to someone.

Again, I do not know if this was the whole story, but the dealership is in fact out of business.

I say again, for those blinded by hate, I do not know what was really said, but I do know that the dealership is no longer functional.

P.S. "No Irish Need Apply", long forgotten.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Evidently, there is now only one minority that is important.
    And it is slowly becoming offensive to other minorities.
    It is progressing towards a point where those minorities who were on board are starting to turn.
    I've seen it slowly happening and each step they take starts to irritate more people.

If you think that you have freedom, think about how many people have been crucified for their comments.
    The list of people who have lost their jobs, businesses, etc, cause they said All lives matter, is insane.
    A free society, that wouldn't happen.
    We are not a free society.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

Wow!
    I was actually very impressed with this.

https://youtu.be/3dyt2Hbxj5U

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@0patience said:
    Ok, what about Native Americans, Jews, Asians and other minorities who had other atrocities against them? Where are their national anthems before the games?
    People want to talk about equality, but it seems that one minority is getting preferential treatment right now.

THE National Anthem is for ALL americans.
    Putting another anthem before THE National Anthem is disrespectful to the nation as a whole. It says that the rest of America doesn't matter and is only a second thought.

As a Native American, I find this to be ridiculous.

NFL to Play Black National Anthem Before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' During All Week 1 Games: Report

https://youtu.be/fh6vS4YoBUs

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot Dog Eating Contest
    Competitive eater Joey Chestnut sets a new world record with 75 hot dogs to win the men's division of the Nathan's Famous July Fourth hot dog eating contest, Saturday, July 4, 2020, in the Brooklyn borough of New York.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Local boy does good!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna need a bigger umbrella.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited July 2020

@0patience said:

Kanye West announces he is running for president in 2020

I don't even know what to say to this.

Aw, c'mon! Think of the opportunities for comedians. They've worn Trump down to a nub, Chapelle won't even bother anymore. But this? Oh yeah. Just think of the Caitlin Jenner jokes! First step-father/mother in law? And how will the networks manage to work in Kim's previous video notoriety?

And, if the world was worried about what that crazy North Korean leader might do with his inadequate nukes, well, Kanye could do a whole album titled MY fingers on the button. Oh, the possibilities! C'mon, it'll be fun. How much crazier can **** get, anyway?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Him and Rodman will get Kim squared away.

I hope he's serious and that he runs as a Democrat.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

Aw, c'mon! Think of the opportunities for comedians. They've worn Trump down to a nub, Chapelle won't even bother anymore. But this? Oh yeah. Just think of the Caitlin Jenner jokes! First step-father/mother in law? And how will the networks manage to work in Kim's previous video notoriety?

And, if the world was worried about what that crazy North Korean leader might do with his inadequate nukes, well, Kanye could do a whole album titled MY fingers on the button. Oh, the possibilities! C'mon, it'll be fun. How much crazier can **** get, anyway?

AND he has Elon Muskoil supporting him. WTF?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just another way to keep Trump from getting votes. He's probably getting paid a lot of money to run if this is the case. It's all about the money in the end. Musk sharing some shares of Tesla and Space X to pay him wouldn't surprise me and don't forget the extra bonus... "free gold class ticket trip into outer space Kanye" LOL

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

Musk was born in South Africa so technically he is African American

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

Musk was born in South Africa so technically he is African American

Early man first appeared in Africa, so technically we're all African-Americans

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Early man first appeared in Africa, so technically we're all African-Americans

Not me. I'm Non-Hyphen American.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

You know you are in trouble when family ha stupid political views and when you ask them if they would really vote for this Canoworms West, they are all for it.
    Momma always did say, Stupid is, as stupid does.

They actually used this phrase to make me feel bad.
    "That you, in your superior detachment and wisdom, bypass all the cra cra ( things that don’t pass your muster? ) out there."

I was actually kind of flattered.

And.............blocked. Oh damn, they did. They blocked me.
    Cool, one less moron in the family I have to deal with .

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

^JD’s back :D

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@TX98Z28 said:

Why is he being flagged? Any reason? Or, just because he's JD? Or, because what he said is verifiable and true?

Strange to think that people with no guts smoke cigars, so, it couldn't be us.

Must be some kind of gutless stalker trolls.

• Options

Why IS JD being flagged?

Geeze.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Why is he being flagged? Any reason? Or, just because he's JD? Or, because what he said is verifiable and true?

I don't know why he gets flagged, I didn't flag him. I enjoy a lot of his posts and find them quite humorous. He's been off the forum for a couple months. I think he left for a while because other members were giving him $hit about his comments and starting a bunch of new threads, I could careless what he says or how many threads he starts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @jd50ae.

• Options

@TX98Z28 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:

I don't know why he gets flagged, I didn't flag him. I enjoy a lot of his posts and find them quite humorous. He's been off the forum for a couple months. I think he left for a while because other members were giving him $hit about his comments and starting a bunch of new threads, I could careless what he says or how many threads he starts.

Yeah, I understand. I've been known to call him down myself for outrageous posts in the past, so I get that, but why not directly address whatever the problem is at hand? And, the flagged post is really not offensive. Not any more than the rest of the typical "man-humor" that goes on around here.

I guess I just grew up around a bunch of guys that were pretty much Walt Kowalski from Gran Torino. If they weren't talking rough to you, you must be in some kind of real trouble with them. But what they wouldn't do, is stab you in the back anonymously. You have to be a real pansy to do that.