Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    So you guys are cool with statements of this nature? That's all I really want to know. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not cool with your crying to  Cigar.com to police the forum, doesn't mean I'm cool with racism, but definitely not cool with your attitude here.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    webmost said:
    pelirrojo said:
    jd50ae said:

I see no way what you've said could be construed as racist. Right?
    Mexico is not a race. So, no.

deleted
    again pointless
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    pelirrojo said:

Someone says a man with brown skin should "go back where you came from" despite not doing their research and realizing that he is in fact "American" and born and raised in the United States. That is textbook racism. 

Theoretically,.....If I have a neighbor who actually is an immigrant who has brown skin and actually is a horrible person (beats puppies to death with golf club) and, I know correctly and exactly where he immigrated from and I tell him he should go back to where he came from, is that racist? I simply want him to go back. I'm thinking about the puppies, not his skin color. I'd feel the same if he was white and from Europe.  
    Mental gymnastics gold medal winner there. I suppose I should know by now that everything I say gets the same responses from the same people. Never fucken mind. So sorry to interrupt. Proceed. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, man.  Bob_Luken asked you a legitimate question.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Most of my legitimate questions go unanswered. Big deal. 

Mental gymnastics. Equating killing puppies to making a statement isn't anywhere near legitimate. You can't seriously look at that and see legitimacy. Then again I'm the one that is biased so what do I know. 

pelirrojo said:
    Mental gymnastics gold medal winner there. I suppose I should know by now that everything I say gets the same responses from the same people. Never fucken mind. So sorry to interrupt. Proceed. 
    No I really want your thoughts on my specific question. I know I've constructed a different situation and I want to know what you think. I'm not out to debate you here. Not interested in going back and forth. I asked you one question. I just want an answer please. I'll PM you.  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, nobody answered my question.

Apparently I'm being ignored because I'm gravitationally challenged. 

Why is THAT OK?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited July 2017
    Mr. Lopez's remarks certainly seem to indicate a prejudice against police.

JD's remarks certainly seem to indicate assumptions about Mr. Lopez's country of origin.

Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi pointed out clearly that "an eye for any eye makes the whole world blind."

Can anyone imagine Bob Hope, Don Rickles, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, or any other comedian from "The Greatest Generation" being able to perform in today's got'cha environment?

Intolerance of the intolerant, the last bastion of intolerance.
    Well, I will answer it. No I won't either. Deleted.
    pelirrojo said:
    Most of my legitimate questions go unanswered. Big deal. 

Mental gymnastics. Equating killing puppies to making a statement isn't anywhere near legitimate. You can't seriously look at that and see legitimacy. Then again I'm the one that is biased so what do I know. 

I'm not equating those two things. I thought my question was straightforward. I wanted to know if you would apply your same logic to a different circumstance with a less sympathetic subject. 

Gracias por su visita 
    Señor Gordon,...... Adiós. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference between an O.G. Third Reich Nahtsi and today's Social Justice Nahtsi's?

About 80 years. 

The originals were all about Social Justice, and they started out pretty much just like this.  Persecuting on biased assumption, censoring, denying that diversity equals differences, not tolerating any viewpoint other than the party line.

Now it's happening here, but very few are able to see it, or admit so.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Mexican Illegal Who Was Removed from USA 7 TIMES Crashes Van, Kills Father-of-Three

• ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Mexican Illegal Who Was Removed from USA 7 TIMES Crashes Van, Kills Father-of-Three

I idn't know Venus Williams was an illegal.

Lev 19:33,34
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
    jd50ae said:

George Lopez tells Trump to 'deport the police' to 'make the streets safer'

Go back to where you came from lopot and make that statement. See how well that works for you.
    I find it rather innocuous to keep a People off their Own Land, then telling them to "go back to where [they] came from...

https://youtu.be/3IZpPRrI_F8

What's the difference between an O.G. Third Reich Nahtsi and today's Social Justice Nahtsi's?

About 80 years. 

The originals were all about Social Justice, and they started out pretty much just like this.  Persecuting on biased assumption, censoring, denying that diversity equals differences, not tolerating any viewpoint other than the party line.

Now it's happening here, but very few are able to see it, or admit so.

https://youtu.be/dw_mRaIHb-M

ElJimbo said:
    jd50ae said:

Go back to where you came from lopot and make that statement. See how well that works for you.
    I find it rather innocuous to keep a People off their Own Land, then telling them to "go back to where [they] came from...

"PERSON" not people.
    edited July 2017

Texas man stuck in ATM slides 'help me' note in receipt slot to bystanders

He was really stuck in the room behind it. But the headline is worth it.
    This crying censorship is completely bogus. I'm glad to know that this forum is the last great bastion of free speech though. No one is being censored here. If you say dumb things expect to be called out. If you let people say dumb things on your forum expect to lose customers and traffic on your website. It's that simple. 

Meanwhile the free press, which is actually protected by the Constitution, is being denied access to the very government they report on. Civil protesters are being arrested for no reason, yet another Constitutional violation. Maybe your ire should be directed there rather than the comedian who said something stupid. Maybe my ire should be directed there as well rather than the forum members that said something stupid. Oh well. I have plenty of ire to go around these days. 

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about when a conservative is invited to speak at a university campus, and can't because he gets shouted down by protesters?  Whose free speech wins there, and who is being censored?

The free press isn't free anymore; they've been bought and owned for years by the left.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    jd50ae said:
    ElJimbo said:
    jd50ae said:

"PERSON" not people.
    Uhmm, No. I've Never heard a White PERSON tell another White PERSON to "Go Back where They came from".

I do wonder, what exactluly does 'lopot' mean?
    It happens to people on the other end of the political spectrum as well. Don't act like it doesn't. No one wins there. 

There are equally as many right-biased media outlets as there are left-biased. It's up to the citizen to decide where they get their information. If you choose to get it from CNN, Fox, Breitbart, MSNBC, and the like, well, you get the false narrative that you deserve. 
    I'll also point out that nowhere in my posts have I pointed fingers at or even mentioned conservative/liberal or democrat/republican. You keep bringing it up like that's what this discussion is even about. 
    pelirrojo said:
    It happens to people on the other end of the political spectrum as well. Don't act like it doesn't. No one wins there. 

There are equally as many right-biased media outlets as there are left-biased. It's up to the citizen to decide where they get their information. If you choose to get it from CNN, Fox, Breitbart, MSNBC, and the like, well, you get the false narrative that you deserve. 
    No one wins when you show up on the forum. 
    Bob_Luken said:
    pelirrojo said:

No one wins when you show up on the forum. 
    Hahahahaha good one! 
    ElJimbo said:

I do wonder, what exactluly does 'lopot' mean?
    It means convfefe............ if you want it to. . 
    edited July 2017
    I suppose if we really want an answer, we could just ask JD what he meant by this.  

"Go back to where you came from lopot and make that statement. See how well that works for you."

*edited for grammar
    pelirrojo said:
    I suppose if we really want an answer, we could just ask JD what he meant by this.  

"Go back to where you came from lopot and make that statement. See how well that works for you."

*edited for grammar
    I think he meant to compare the Police situation in Mexico, where Corruption is a Way of Life, as opposed to here, where Corruption is less Subtle. He just used a poor choice in phrasing.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/13/Police-attack-teen-girl-with-K9-after-mistaking-her-for-30-year-old-man/4601499922265/?utm_source=mpcs

Oh lets hear it from the man himself. What do you say?