Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Wylaff said:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/transgender-kids/transgender-8-year-old-makes-grandpa-congressman-mike-honda-proud-n345731

What kind of f*cking parent would let their kids "transition" before puberty? Kid says "I feel like a girl." Bullsh*t. Your balls ain't dropped yet. Chemically you are a f*cking girl. And since when did we start letting children decide how they want to be raised? My daughter once ate a 2 pound gummy snake because she thought it was a good idea. I laughed the entire time she was throwing it up. Now she limits her sugar as her parents told her. Kids don't make intelligent informed decisions, because they are not intelligently informed. Most adults aren't either. But putting a boy on puberty blockers because he wants to be a girl is abuse. Plain and simple. It's just as abusing, if not more so, than allowing my 8 year old son to get a full chest tattoo of the power rangers because it's his wish...

Hmmm. Apparently this topic pisses me off some....

It pisses off a lot of people. 
    But we have to be careful, we don't want some uber idiot leaving their safe space and dolly's coming out and calling us haters.
    After a curse filled rant like that, why would someone think that?
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Idk, when an 8 yr old kid has been insisting since he could speak that he's a girl, who the hell am I to argue?
    kids that young don't have any idea of $sex$ or sexuallity, and, nature makes plenty of mistakes.
    Forcing the kid into a gender he just can't identify with causes other problems. Letting the kid choose pisses off the guy that lives across the street.
    No easy answer there.
    But my thought is....

It doesn't effect me in any way....

To each is his/her/it's own I suppose.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    So how is it that an 8 year old can make an "informed decision", when they won't tie your nuts until you are 18, because you can't make an informed decision until then??

And again, the devil is sitting in his recliner, going "Hell yeah, I couldn't come up with this stuff."

This censor on this forum is STUPID!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, when an 8 yr old kid has been insisting since he could speak that he's a girl, who the hell am I to argue?
    kids that young don't have any idea of $****$ or sexuallity, and, nature makes plenty of mistakes.
    Forcing the kid into a gender he just can't identify with causes other problems. Letting the kid choose pisses off the guy that lives across the street.
    No easy answer there.
    But my thought is....

It doesn't effect me in any way....

To each is his/her/it's own I suppose.
    If they want to let their kid d wear a dress I don't care. My issue is that they are considering, with the doctors full support, preventing his puberty from even happening. Permanent damage caused by giving an 8 year old what they want. Let him grow up. Let him hit puberty. Maybe when he starts producing a **** ton of testosterone he will decide he feels like a boy. If not, let him make the change himself. As an adult. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Or we could just hold to the origional Christian values this country was founded on and not allow anyone to "transition", not allow same sex marriage, and stop all this stupidity before it's too late. There's a place for these kind of people. It's called the psych ward of your friendly neighborhood nut house. Sorry if that's not politically correct :open_mouth:
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    Or we could just hold to the origional Christian values this country was founded on and not allow anyone to "transition", not allow same **** marriage, and stop all this stupidity before it's too late. There's a place for these kind of people. It's called the psych ward of your friendly neighborhood nut house. Sorry if that's not politically correct :open_mouth:
    Well, Christians forced their views on the indigenous people here.
    So, I have a bit of a hard time with the Christians are all good thing.

But, while I don't begrudge any adult from making any decision they want, according to religion, sex or what ever. This country lately has gone nuts forcing those people's "rights" on the rest of us.
    Letting a child make any decision like that is absurd. 

My view on it is, just like religion, have what ever belief you want, but do not force it on everyone else.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    I guess I can agree with that to an extent. Usually I stay away from religious and political views on here because I truly don't want to be an azzhole, but things like this get to me.

I got rid of Facebook a few years ago because that's where a lot of this bs started. Plus I couldn't stand seeing people I grew up with become more and more detached from common sense. Now it's mainstream. 

I'm far from being perfect but this country has gone nuts in many regards and that is definitely a big ticket issue. I'm sick of hearing about it. This generation needs a good old fashioned wake up call.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    sjw sensitive pussification social justice warrior memes offended 2 When did we all become such sensitive babies 40 Photos
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

XX

XY

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Well it's the 8 yr Olds life, not mine or yours or the guy down the street.

Forcing that kid to allow testosterone to be dumped into his body, when he's been screaming "I'm a girl" since he was able to talk, and never had any idea about sex or sexuality, I say Live and Let Live.

It doesn't affect me it doesn't bother me and it's none of my business.

Just like being gay,  it doesn't affect me it doesn't bother me and I don't care who you put your genitals in or who puts their genitals in you.

It cannot affect me or my life in anyway.  So why should I care?

I have real problems in my life, that do affect me that need my attention.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with someone else's sexuality or the myth of God or a devil.  Or who some guy I don't even know lays down with.
    I was born and raised a mormon.....lied to since I was born.

I just won't give a crap if an 8 yr old says he was born into the wrong body, gets a sex change, or if he farts rainbows.

Any day the federal government could kick my door in, shoot my 15 yr old dog, cuz he wagged his tail at them, and put me in a prison cell for the rest of my life, because I help sick people treat themselves in the way they want.

Because a four year old boy spoke his first words, and took his first steps, and I was the one responsible for that travesty.

That's a real concern,  I can't be concerned with how someone else chooses to live their life.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Christian I am concerned about other people and the way they live their life. I try to live my life by following the word of God. For me that is pretty simple, to serve and glorify God. And as far as Christians being all good, I have never heard that. Some may think they are better than others just like any other group of people. 
  • Options
    @Sketch6995
    The thing I find hard to understand is that you MUST BE above a certain age to get a tattoo, drive, drink, get fixed, have plastic surgery or a host of other things, even with parental approval. I suppose depending on the state.

But if that door is opened, what else is next? What else will they say an 8 year old is capable of making that big a decision.
    I'm not saying don't allow such a thing. I'm saying that there is no way that any 8 year old should be allowed to make any life changing decision.

The next question is what doctor will even touch that?

@genareddog
    Christians have historically used the "being all good" to persuade peoples to conform to their ways.

My ancestors (grandfather and his family) were forced into Christian schools and not allowed to speak their native language and beaten when they did.
    My great grandmother was one of the last of her people who were raised and spoke Salish naturally.

So I kind of wonder what people are referring to when they make the comment about "Christian values".
    There is nothing wrong with following a path that you believe in, as long as you are aware of the history behind it. 

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just that folks should consider more of it, before they take sides.

Well, that was long winded and went nowhere. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Christians through the ages have committed many atrocities in the name of God and Christ.

We've also conflated Country and Culture with Christianity in many questionable ways.

Still, I'm convinced the world is better off for having us around and most certainly better off for Christ himself.  If only we could live better according to those two simple covenant rules:

Love God; Love Others.  

I don't think you can do one without the other, and all too often we forget the second in the name of the first.  I know it's a tough and sometimes messy job to figure out how it works in practice, but I know many who are committed to trying.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eight year olds don't have the capacity to make those kinds of decisions and parents that let them are abdicating their responsibilities as parents.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Tattoo me some scales, implant a tail, cut a fork in my tongue, I'm still not a lizard. No, not even if I insist that I am. No, not even if I am eighteen. No, not even if Hernando DeSoto was a Christian. If I continue to insist I am a lizard, then I deserve compassion, not cooperation. Life is difficult enough without pretending that this schidt ain't simple.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Religion is a word that means different things to different people.

For some people it means wearing a spaghetti strainer on your head when you're taking your driver's license photo.
    For other people it means washing out the mouth of a Native American with soap when he speaks his own language.
    For some people, it means converting your neighbor by the sword.
    For some people it means cutting the genitals off of your nine year old daughter with a rusty razor blade to ensure her virginity at the time of marriage.
    And for others it means going to church on Saturday to confess your sins, and  then turn right around and do it again just to confess again next Saturday.

For some people it means living your life according to a certain code.

Unfortunately it's been a tool of Oppression since day 1.

I try to live my life as a decent and honest person.  I would give anybody the shirt off my back and have done so more than once.  I try to help the helpless and the hopeless.   I will stand up and defend the man who can't defend himself.

I planted my garden, and I stand at the gate ready to defend it, or to welcome someone in.

But I don't look in someone else's Garden for problems, not until that problem comes to my garden.

it's not for me to say whether or not this kid has a mental problem or whether nature made a mistake, I am not qualified to make that decision...... nor is the government qualified to make that decision.  and, it's not a problem that affects my garden.

But to shove my idea of sexuality on to someone else is wrong, doesn't matter if they're eight or eighty.

To each is his own.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with 99% of what you say Jeff, just don't think an 8 yr old has that kind of decision making capabilities.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Man hospitalized after drinking world's hottest chili vodka

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/08/02/man-hospitalized-after-drinking-worlds-hottest-chili-vodka.html

I keep good vodka in the freezer and when I get a sore throat or a cold I mix some hot sauce (use to make my own) and down it goes. But it is a common not gonna kill you sauce. Some people are just stupid, and you can't fix stupid.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 8 years old, I was insisting I was from Saturn.  I guess if my parents had agreed and gotten me that third eye in the middle of my forehead that would have been great!
    But, you're right, it's just like when parents in Uganda have their daughters sexual organs burned off, just their business, right?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Are naked ‘desnudas’ panhandlers finding sanctuary in NYC?

• Options
    It's legal for women to be nude in NYC as long as they are not doing anything sexual.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet this guy/gal would get along great with the 8 year old boy and his parents…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9OifQVrcU 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    At 8 years old, I was insisting I was from Saturn.  I guess if my parents had agreed and gotten me that third eye in the middle of my forehead that would have been great!
    But, you're right, it's just like when parents in Uganda have their daughters sexual organs burned off, just their business, right?

I was Superman. Have no idea why they would not let me fly off the roof.
  • Options

Maxine Waters next House speaker: Dem activist

• Options
    jd50ae said:

Maxine Waters next House speaker: Dem activist

Well, she's just about dessicated enough, just about corrupt enough, just about wackadoo leftist enough, lies thru her dentures ... so why not?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    We have a neighbor across the street who has been nothing but a pain since moving in. She's poisoned our other neighbor's flowers, trespassed, broken our yard ornaments and harassed us in the street. Also loves to blair her music at all hours of the night and set off an occasional air horn at 3am. 

Tonight she was caught vandalizing our neighbor's fence, then threw rocks at his house when he confronted her. Cops show up... as usual...nothing we can do about it. Have a good night. You can't make this crap up.