Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

This paragraph here makes me wonder if there was pertinent information left off during the application process.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they've had a lot of slip-and-fall claims lately.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

This is why we can't have nice things.
    https://youtu.be/9-MkaJw5NNw

• Options

"I hereby challenge Vladimir Putin to single combat. Stakes are Ukraine,"
    says Elon Musk

Joe Rogan offered to arrange Elon's training

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple weeks ago a buddy of mine and his unit were deployed to Poland for an “exercise”. Informed me earlier that he now has an APO address.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only is this the best and most rare cigar ever made but apparently the tobacco is so old it can’t burn straight.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who doesn't like cigar ale?

• Options

• Options

Another Evergreen cargo ship stuck, has to be unloaded to unstick it, owners of the containers have to bear their share of the cost.

https://apnews.com/article/asia-pacific-us-coast-guard-maryland-chesapeake-bay-baltimore-85ca1725dfcd1f2d6848b9e4c419be72

• Options

Europe Is Building a Huge International Facial Recognition System

“What you are creating is the most extensive biometric surveillance infrastructure that I think we will ever have seen in the world,” says Ella Jakubowska, a policy adviser at the civil rights NGO European Digital Rights (EDRi). Documents obtained by EDRi under freedom of information laws and shared with WIRED reveal how nations pushed for facial recognition to be included in the international policing agreement.

https://www.wired.com/story/europe-police-facial-recognition-prum/

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like we're just about totally set up for a "Minority Report" world, just missing the Oracle sisters. Wonder who's working on that?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Another Evergreen cargo ship stuck, has to be unloaded to unstick it, owners of the containers have to bear their share of the cost.

https://apnews.com/article/asia-pacific-us-coast-guard-maryland-chesapeake-bay-baltimore-85ca1725dfcd1f2d6848b9e4c419be72

Wonder if this happened as much before covid? Or did we just not hear about it or care?

• Options

sky filled with drones, definitely an improvement over peace and quiet, lol :/

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3821506-alphabets-wing-rolls-out-commercial-drone-delivery-in-texas

• Options

• Options

Memphis police chiefs house burglarized according to the Memphis News this morning.
    A touch of irony to start the day.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Back in the 70's I worked with my dad in Paramount, Ca and the Compton Police Department was one of our nearby two-way radio customers. I heard back then that the police chief's briefcase was stolen from the police department.

• Options

Coincidence?

Rabid red fox that bit nine on Capitol Hill caught and euthanized
    The female fox tested positive for rabies and health authorities are considering the fate of her kits
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/apr/07/rabid-red-fox-capitol-hill-caught-euthanized

A Japanese 'killing stone,' said to contain an evil 9-tailed fox spirit, has split in two
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/31/world/japanese-killing-stone-spirit-scn/index.html

• Options

Naruto

• Options
  • Options

iPhone update adds 'pregnant man' emoji

• Options

Perhaps he's just constipated? That would make a helluvalot more sense.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Perhaps he's just constipated? That would make a helluvalot more sense.

I didn’t know you were a biologist.

No, RN, and I've seen plenty of people who were that full of it.

• Options

The legislature in Washington state has banned use of the word "marijuana" in legsilation, because, wait for it...

That's racist!

I wonder whether you can still write a law with the word "marihuana" in it?