Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

F*** Tesla.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have long time friends who have a couple of Tesla's. On their last visit Alan drove his Tesla out into the boondocks and managed to lock himself out of the car. He had no net and was freaking out. He called back 55 miles here and his wife got on the net from here and unlocked his car from here.
    I got a ride in their car, we found a straightaway and Alan punched it from a standing start and it reminded me of a hot rod with 17 computers. A hundred and twenty grand a piece for their cars. For that I would have bought one of those Italian monsters.
    Hate to say it but electric cars are the future if we are going to have a future.

• Options

I'll stick with my V8.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe electric cars are the future. The batteries are very expensive and they are hazardous to the environment, perhaps more so than fossil fuels. They take too long to charge and they lose their peak charge over time. They also put a lot of strain on power grids. Unless the technology was to seriously jump forward, I don't see them ever catching on with practically minded folks, which is the bulk of middle America.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most cars were electric until we built roads to drive between cities
    Electric cars are the past

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of them are diesel generators.

• Options

Isn't diesel also a fossil fuel?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Nope, made from old cigar butts

Well, let's get busy then

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ must be election time and the voters had enough.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Prison guard sold male inmates a key to female inmate cells
    What genyus thot it wuz a woke idea to put boys & girls in the same prison?

https://www.newsandtribune.com/news/night-of-terror-8-more-women-file-suit-claiming-assault-attacks-in-clark-county-jail/article_7de6babc-0c56-11ed-9149-db5c1322432b.html

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

https://www.newsandtribune.com/news/night-of-terror-8-more-women-file-suit-claiming-assault-attacks-in-clark-county-jail/article_7de6babc-0c56-11ed-9149-db5c1322432b.html

Such idiocy, as a kid I thought adults had stuff figured out, that they weren't idiots. I was wrong, many adults are idiots who choose to live a life of delusion.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@webmost said:

Such idiocy, as a kid I thought adults had stuff figured out, that they weren't idiots. I was wrong, many adults are idiots who choose to live a life of delusion.

That makes me think of something from when I was a kid. I saw the movie The Bad Seed, for those who may not know it was about a little girl who turns into a serial killer, and I remember thinking: "You expect that kind of thing from grown-ups, but she was a kid!" It blew my little mind that a kid could do such horrible things. I think I was about 8.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes me think of something from when I was a kid. I saw the movie The Bad Seed, for those who may not know it was about a little girl who turns into a serial killer, and I remember thinking: "You expect that kind of thing from grown-ups, but she was a kid!" It blew my little mind that a kid could do such horrible things. I think I was about 8.

and that's why we now have ratings on movies.... ;)

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Gotta protect the dirt.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Third Coast Underwriters is a division of AF Group and its subsidiaries. Insurance policies may be issued by any of the following companies within AF Group:
    Accident Fund Insurance Company of America, Accident Fund National Insurance Company, Accident Fund General Insurance Company, United Wisconsin Insurance Company, Third Coast Insurance Company or CompWest Insurance Company.

Toolbox Talk

A Bricklayer’s Accident Report

Dear Sir:
    I am responding to your request for additional information regarding how my recent injury occurred. In block No. 3 of
    your accident report form, I put “trying to do the job alone” as the cause of my accident. You said in your letter that I should explain more fully. I trust the following details will be sufficient.
    I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six- story building. When I completed my work, I discovered that I had about 500 pounds of bricks left over. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley attached to the side of the building at the sixth floor. Securing the rope at the ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went back to the ground and untied the rope, holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the 500 pounds of bricks.

You will note in block No. 2 of the accident report form that my weight is 135 pounds.
    Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and did not let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rather rapid rate up the side of the building. Near the third floor, I met the barrel coming down. This explains my fractured skull and collarbone. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep
    into the pulley.

Fortunately, by this time, I had regained my presence of mind allowing me to hold tightly to the rope in spite of my pain. At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Devoid of the weight of bricks, the barrel then weighed approximately 50 pounds.
    I refer you again to the information in block No. 2. As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. Near the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles and the lacerations of my
    legs and lower body. The encounter of the barrel slowed me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell onto the pile of bricks. Fortunately, only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, that as I lay in pain on the bricks, unable to stand up and watching the empty barrel six
    stories above me, I again lost my presence of mind and let go of the rope. The empty barrel weighed more than the rope so it came down upon me and broke both of my legs.

I hope I have furnished the additional information you required as
    to how the accident occurred.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Peter an oldie, but a goody.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makita battery powered coffee maker lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xOEIpbxM4w

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

It's a jail not prison, and most urban jails are coed. Oh, and I'm glad it's not my Clark county.

There was a documentary on this jail. I think it's called "60 days in" and the first 2 seasons are in this jail. Check it out to see how separated the pods really are....

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

It's a jail not prison, and most urban jails are coed. Oh, and I'm glad it's not my Clark county.

There was a documentary on this jail. I think it's called "60 days in" and the first 2 seasons are in this jail. Check it out to see how separated the pods really are....

oops missed that... key distinction

• Options

• Options

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    How can I post such lucid and blindingly brilliant posts in the Quote of the Day and Coronavirus threads and only have 1 'awesome' in over 8 hours? Astounding!

FIFY

• Options

Science is finally catching up to...
    https://youtu.be/VrhA_KLoQyM

palm reading!