Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@silvermouse said:
    Good move but funny

California court rules that bees are a type of fish in order to protect them under the state's endangered species act

Whoa… did they just assume their species???

What's their pronoun?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

my respect for humans just dropped another notch:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3844900-water-restrictions-come-to-southern-california-as-drought-worsens

"California authorities have urged people to recycle water, take shorter showers, and only run dishwashers and washing machines when full, but the messaging has fallen on deaf ears. According to State Water Resources Control Board, average urban water use even rose nearly 19% in March, compared to the same month in 2020."

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

California is a leader in the concept of distorting reality to fit current desires. I guess it just doesn't occur to them to simply and honestly protect bees as bees for the openly apparent reasons. They seem especially hazy in the biological fields. It's like they smoke a little DMT right before the legislative session or court proceedings.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Wealthy people are turning my neighborhood into a flashy slum. And then they complain about having to wait because service is slow (businesses cannot fill the jobs because working folk can't afford to live here). Sucks.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/02/a-slice-of-cape-cod-is-getting-a-massive-injection-of-cash/

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@deadman said:

@silvermouse said:
    Good move but funny

California court rules that bees are a type of fish in order to protect them under the state's endangered species act

Whoa… did they just assume their species???

What's their pronoun?

Be(e)

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just in case any 👽 are queer.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Lol:

"Folgers coffee, which downsized its 51-ounce container to 43.5 ounces but still says it will make up to 400 cups. (Folgers says it’s using a new technology that results in lighter-weight beans.)"

No, you’re not imagining it — package sizes are shrinking
    https://apnews.com/article/india-prices-business-d2c8279d39e1304f5623b3a99b56b8cc

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's suing because she caught HPV from someone insured by Geico in his car.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Makes me wish I was a judge sometimes. "Yes ma'am, you're ordered to pay court costs of $5.2 million for wasting my time."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to know under what coverage detail they are holding the insurance company liable.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Under this logic any woman who gets pregnant in a car can sue for child support? Homeowners? McDonalds?

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything to avoid a little personal responsibility.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just trying to figure out why the car insurance is liable and not the guy himself.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@peter4jc said:
    I'm just trying to figure out why the car insurance is liable and not the guy himself.

Because the insurance company has more money to go after

Clearly the only thing the driver had was gonorrhea

• Options

@Rdp77 said:

@peter4jc said:

Because the insurance company has more money to go after

Eggs Ackley

• Options

Progressive groups are adopting gender neutral language in the abortion debate, including “chestfeeding” and “pregnant people.”

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Progressive groups are adopting gender neutral language in the abortion debate, including “chestfeeding” and “pregnant people.”

Just furthering delusion...

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:

@silvermouse said:

Testing the proposition that if one tells the lie loud enough, and often enough, it will become true.

I don't see that working out, but I'm sure there will be plenty who fall for it.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@silvermouse said:

Testing the proposition that if one tells the lie loud enough, and often enough, it will become true.

I don't see that working out, but I'm sure there will be plenty who fall for it.

I’m afraid to say either way. It has worked for so many other things in the recent past I would not be surprised.

• Options

@silvermouse said:

"The malware's targets are mostly entities engaging in the financial sector in Latin America, impersonating Brazilian banks, the country's Federal police, etc."

I just last week purchased a quarter pound sample of Foiano, an air-cured Brazilian wrapper. Better not blow smoke on my Linux laptop out on the porch.

• Options

Facial Recognition Is Out of Control in India
    The country’s use of biometric data against activists and “hooligans” paints a grim picture of how the technology is threatening human rights.

" Telangana's IT Secretary stated this in 2019 on the usage of digital footprints: “We have created a best algorithm through which this machine learning capabilities has become so robust that today we have reached a level of almost 96-97 percent accuracy. So if you tell me one person's name I can give his entire digital footprint at about 96 percent accuracy to them... this tool throws up the results in a matter of seconds and the tool also is very useful in doing what is called family tree analysis or relationship analysis.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akew98/facial-recognition-is-out-of-control-in-india

• Options

https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-22-105162.pdf

18.9% of pandemic unemployment checks went to the wrong person

As one who worked in unemployment cost control for 25 years, I can tell you that's about the average goof rate anyways.