• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:
    One more for you. A supreme court justice appointed by a republican:

https://youtu.be/Eya_k4P-iEo

Justice Berger has been dead for almost three decades. Not much effect on today

But as a constitutional lawyer, his opinion on the constitution remains relevant today, especially if one thinks that the bill of rights is relevant today, since it was written 200 years before this clip was aired 😉

You are correct

What do you think of the ideas rejected by Stoneman Douglas? Would some work/help?

Well, clear backpacks are an interesting idea, cheap and somewhat effective (the weaknesses are obvious). Metal detectors are expensive to purchase, operate, and sustain, but more effective (and not foolproof).

Bottom line is that the problem is not going away until we actually intend to solve it.

@Stubble is right, keep crazy people away from firearms. Don't know how to do that....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut foreign aid to pay for hardening the schools. The 40 billion Creepy Joe sent Ukraine would put 5 swat team members in every school for a year. The money is there, it's just being spent on unnecessary things. No bill arming teachers has ever said teachers would be forced to carry a firearm. Only teachers who want to volunteer to carry their personally owned firearms. Also, locking them in a safe is a bad idea. They need to be immediately accessible at all times.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

A PhD doesn't make you any smarter than a high school dropout.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

euronews
    Russia takes over the presidency of the UN Security Council
    7 hours ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmB9LfkNMj0

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should be surprised but I’m not. There is not one American media outlet that I have seen reporting the fact that our economy has gotten so bad several countries (with more to come) are signing on to use the rupee as the base currency instead of the dollar.
    This is what will push us into WWIII.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nearly all of the wars in Europe over the past millennia were caused by some King overspending, borrowing, and then not wanting to pay their debt. Apparently, the same economic rules apply to Constitutional Republics.

So much for "American Exceptionalism". An ideal of arrogance won't protect us from the facts?

Gosh! Who knew? Not our representatives, that's for sure.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Rdp77 said:
    I should be surprised but I’m not. There is not one American media outlet that I have seen reporting the fact that our economy has gotten so bad several countries (with more to come) are signing on to use the rupee as the base currency instead of the dollar.
    This is what will push us into WWIII.

If they cover a school shooter's manifesto, they make money. If they make people think the dollar is losing value, then they lose stock value. The truth has nothing to do with anything when the truth loses money.

Exactly. That’s why I’m not surprised.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, yes, you can make it up:

"Experts fear the technology could hasten an erosion of trust in media, in government and in society. If any image can be manufactured — and manipulated — how can we believe anything we see?

“The tools are going to get better, they’re going to get cheaper, and there will come a day when nothing you see on the internet can be believed,” said Wasim Khaled, chief executive of Blackbird.AI, a company that helps clients fight disinformation."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/08/business/media/ai-generated-images.html

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the criminals and the politicians learn how to use AI we will be up the creek without a paddle.

How 'bout I just send them a blank check?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

They seem like a reputable outfit.

A little dirt never hurt

A Computer Generated Swatting Service Is Causing Havoc Across America

As the U.S. deals with a nationwide swatting wave, Motherboard has traced much of the activity to a particular swatting-as-a-service account on Telegram. Torswats uses synthesized voices to pressure law enforcement to specific locations.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7z8be/torswats-computer-generated-ai-voice-swatting

imagine living in this

Foshan, China
    A view of an apartment complex under construction in Guangdong. The complex will accommodate 2,004 households
    Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

A view of an apartment complex under construction in Guangdong.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    imagine living in this

Foshan, China
    A view of an apartment complex under construction in Guangdong. The complex will accommodate 2,004 households
    Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images

A view of an apartment complex under construction in Guangdong.

I imagine all the doors will be wired to self-weld themselves shut in the event of a virus.

Have they never heard of condoms?

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear I wasn't actually around this other than I was at the same concert same night.
    It just fills me with rage and makes me truelly believe in a need for a purge.

Seems like a lot of the slaughter on the street and in schools is perpetrated by people under 30. I would be comfortable with banning hand guns and semiautomatics for that age group with the exception of bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts on why that might be? Maybe something about the disintegration of the nuclear family.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.