Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pastor said Chicago does not necessarily need to rename the parks completely, but he suggested Washington Park could be named after former Mayor Harold Washington, and Jackson Park could be named after civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson or singer Michael Jackson.
    Come on kids! Lets go play in Michael Jackson Park in the Ghetto!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.expats.cz/prague/article/weekly-czech-news/czech-republic-gets-sex-assistants-for-the-disabled/

In the Czech republic and organization (backed by the government) is getting handicapped people laid, some via "active assistance".

We've got our priorities all wrong in America....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CNN’s Wolf Blitzer and Jim Sciutto have finally broke the camel's back. To suggest that the terrorist attack in Spain could be thought of as a copycat incident relating to what a dimwitted extremist did in Charlottesville is just complete insanity.
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy up all the monuments being destroyed and park them in my yard just to pi$$ off folks.

Then I'd buy a lifetime supply of BBMFs  :#
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

I didn't make this stuff up.  Primary sources...from some of the Seceding States, themselves.  Read them all and tell me the Civil War wasn't about slavery.  It was. It absolutely was.  Other causes were there, but this was primary and connected to most other causes of weight.

I'll still smoke a cigar with any of you, though!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    No because Germany suppresses free speech. Up until recently WWII wasn't even taught in their public schools.
    Post edited by Markwell on
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    https://www.civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

I didn't make this stuff up.  Primary sources...from some of the Seceding States, themselves.  Read them all and tell me the Civil War wasn't about slavery.  It was. It absolutely was.  Other causes were there, but this was primary and connected to most other causes of weight.

I'll still smoke a cigar with any of you, though!
    The Civil War was about each state's right to allow itself slavery. So both of you are correct. I gather that the United States was originally intended to be more like NATO, or the EU without the plague of Brussels. I think the South were convinced they had the right to Brexit whenever they wanted to.

Meanwhile, 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Markwell said:
    No bease Germany suppresses free speech. Up until recently WWII wasn't even taught in their public schools.
    A statue isn't free speech, it's an eyesore that can become a part of daily life, and hence, accepted.
  • Options
    I reckon we'll have to agree to disagree but thanks for the opinion.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElJimbo said:
    Markwell said:
    No bease Germany suppresses free speech. Up until recently WWII wasn't even taught in their public schools.
    A statue isn't free speech, it's an eyesore that can become a part of daily life, and hence, accepted.
    But all those sculpture things placed in all those artsy cities is art, so that's ok?

It's all subject to interpretation, opinion and beliefs. 

I guess I'm failing to see the similarity between Hitler and the Confederacy.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye Bye Bannon ....the Carnival road show is always a changing.

Next in line for Chief Strategist

Helga the Sr. maid on the 15th Floor of the Trump Tower.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElJimbo said:
    Would it be OK if there was a statue of Hitler in Berlin?

Markwell said:
    No because Germany suppresses free speech. Up until recently WWII wasn't even taught in their public schools.
    So if they had not suppressed free speech it would have been fine to have statues of Hitler? 
    Markwell said:
    I'd buy up all the monuments being destroyed and park them in my yard just to pi$$ off folks. 
    I don't think anyone would have an issue if the statues were located on private as opposed to public land. The question appears to be whether they should be funded and displayed on public land. 

• Options
    You say that now but I guarantee you the haters would disagree if it were to happen. That's the thing about haters...they're never satisfied.
  • Options
    @0patience the only similarity between Hitler and the Confederacy is the woven lies the media have been tossing out all week. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would challenge everyone who posted in this thread during the last several days to read this blog post.  It's by Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert comic strip.  It's spot on and pure gold.  Take 5 min. and read it - you'll be glad you did.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/164297628606/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Now I know why I'm so bewildered by all this.
    Thanks @peter4jc
    ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Well, as long as y'all are OK with setting up the African-american memorial and Obama statue in front of Independence Hall, that'd be a happy compromise. I'll tell the Libs to get started on that right away.
  • Options
    I could give two $hits. Put up your statues. We have the right not to care 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ElJimbo said:
    Well, as long as y'all are OK with setting up the African-american memorial and Obama statue in front of Independence Hall, that'd be a happy compromise. I'll tell the Libs to get started on that right away.
    No problem with that. I'd even go see the African-American memorial. As for the Obama statue, even the birds need someplace to Crap.

I'm sorry, that was wrong of me.
    Statues, like art are one of those things that I really don't pay much attention to. We have a god awful tribute to the native Americans, done by a white man, that is right on the end of town, displayed for all, that looks like a censored word that means an artificial male part. Seriously.

But there it has remained for decades.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Jose has this Quetzalcoatl statue which is only enhanced by foggy days.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    @0patience the only similarity between Hitler and the Confederacy is the woven lies the media have been tossing out all week. 
    You can back this statement?
  • Options
    0patience said:

No problem with that. I'd even go see the African-American memorial. As for the Obama statue, even the birds need someplace to Crap.

Careful Tony, you'll trigger the bubble children  :D
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    0patience said:

Careful Tony, you'll trigger the bubble children  :D
    I must retreat to my safe space. 
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    San Jose has this Quetzalcoatl statue which is only enhanced by foggy days.

Giant poop?
    Ok, I must still be in the bubble. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:
    Markwell said:
    Sure can! For starters go search how the liberal party had people hired and flown in from California at $300/day to act as reactionaries at Charlottesville.
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    ElJimbo said:
    Markwell said:
    Sure can! For starters go search how the liberal party had people hired and flown in from California at $300/day to act as reactionaries at Charlottesville.
    Heard about that, don't agree with it. What's that got to do with Slavery and the Holocaust?