Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welp in other news 20 photos 214 Welp In other news 28 Photos
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:

I had to laugh at this one.
    I'm against Gun Control as well as Abortions. In California, there's a law in the books that teenagers do not have to inform their parents about an abortion. You don't have to tell me what Asshats Californians are.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    But that doesn't Change what's Right and what's Wrong.

I guess that's what makes me an Independent and not a Stereotype.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The United Blood Services cold called me to ask for blood. 'Twas a bit pythonesque....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclS1pGHp8o
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actual CNN Headline: Antifa Seeks 'Peace Through Violence'

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPR had one of their spokespeople on last night. Dude says 99% of the time, non-violent protest is preferable, but there are circumstances when violence is morally acceptable. I think his numbers were a little off...
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Peace through violence is only possible by dominating, beating into submission or destroying you opponent.

In essence, those people who believe in peace thru violence are saying they wish to go to war, because that is the only situation that their mentality works.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Snopes don't like this
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    2hand2hand Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Stop me if you've heard this one...

If you don't like women drivers, then stay off the sidewalk.
  • Options
    This just in.

ESPN pulls announcer from UVA game because his name is Robert Lee.
    He is Asian.

Abandon all hope, it has gone too far.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    ElJimbo said:
    @ElJimbo I like that one.
    Gonna have to keep this one.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:

Yabbut... what if that IS the sum total of your position?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    This just in.

He is Asian.

jd50ae said:
    This just in.

He is Asian.

jd50ae said:
    This just in.

He is Asian.

^^^ This post ^^^ absolutely epitomizes this thread. 
    What a time to be alive!

• Options
    You have to watch this.
    Tucker responds to media that can't take a joke.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5548680527001/?#sp=show-clips
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Bob_Luken said:

jd50ae said:
    This just in.

He is Asian.

Abandon all hope, it has gone too far.

Image may contain one or more people meme and text

The problem with that is it would make too much sense. 

I was not kidding when I said it has gone too far. What is coming is not going to be good, and something is coming. I wish I knew what, in what form, because it is hard to prepare for all the possibilities at once. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully a public pole of ESPN's decision came back in the high 90%s of thinking that this has gone too far.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESPN has always taken criticism for it's Political stance, even internally. What happened to just being concerned about showing sports? 

That is why they are losing viewers at an alarming rate as well.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That and everyone streaming the games off the Internet nowadays.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Girl Scouts accuse Boy Scouts of covertly recruiting girls
  • Options
    Can't wait 'til South Park does an episode on thos. :D

https://youtu.be/JyC3rPDSSVg

• Options
    So I saw this commercial, yet again (it's an old one)...

https://youtu.be/V1gq0BYcwIU

Which, of course, reminded me of this study conducted by the medical branch of the UN...

https://academic.oup.com/jnci/article/105/24/1844/2517805/No-Clear-Link-Between-Passive-Smoking-and-Lung

An d wondered to myself just how long 're gonna standby and let them demonize yet another Plant.

Dunhill won't be making pipe tobacco anymore, which may mean they won't make cigars, either. :|

• Options
    I overheard someone refer to themselves as a demisexual. I had to go look it up. Apperantly a demisexual is someone who doesn't want to have physical relations without emotional ones....

In other words... Most people.... If you are not a philanderer the lbgtqrstuv people are trying to label you as one of theirs as well...

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Wylaff said:
    I overheard someone refer to themselves as a demisexual. I had to go look it up. Apperantly a demisexual is someone who doesn't want to have physical relations without emotional ones....

In other words... Most people.... If you are not a philanderer the lbgtqrstuv people are trying to label you as one of theirs as well...
    That's a new one. I have heard the term try-sexual? 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    webmost said:
    jd50ae said:
    This just in.

He is Asian.

What a time to be alive!

I pity my old high schools. George Washington in Alexandria, VA., and Jeb Stuart in Fairfax County Va., a true bastion of liberal thinking.
    Learned to fight at the first one and got drafted into the Police Boys club boxing club (it was an either or situation).
    In the second I was a minority, a greaser. Drove a rather "unique" 55/56 Crown Vic, never knew the year for sure. Everyone else was in lock step with whatever fad was in vogue. Madras shirts and cliques ruled the day.
    And I was poor in a rich school. 
    But, we got along with each other. Sure, there was the occasional greaser insult but it never amounted to anything. 
    We had a slew of debate clubs and shooting clubs. Teachers would open the class to debates on whatever was the subject of the day. It was actually fun because the teachers knew we all had our own opinions and you weren't going to be ostracized for them, and some actually changed their points of view.

What I am trying to say "can't we all get along" (sorry for that).

If this announcer story had happened then, it would have left everyone dumbfounded. We would probably not believe it, it had to be a joke.

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    webmost said:
    jd50ae said:
    This just in.

He is Asian.

What a time to be alive!

I pity my old high schools. George Washington in Alexandria, VA., and Jeb Stuart in Fairfax County Va., a true bastion of liberal thinking.
    Learned to fight at the first one and got drafted into the Police Boys club boxing club (it was an either or situation).
    In the second I was a minority, a greaser. Drove a rather "unique" 55/56 Crown Vic, never knew the year for sure. Everyone else was in lock step with whatever fad was in vogue. Madras shirts and cliques ruled the day.
    And I was poor in a rich school. 
    But, we got along with each other. Sure, there was the occasional greaser insult but it never amounted to anything. 
    We had a slew of debate clubs and shooting clubs. Teachers would open the class to debates on whatever was the subject of the day. It was actually fun because the teachers knew we all had our own opinions and you weren't going to be ostracized for them, and some actually changed their points of view.

What I am trying to say "can't we all get along" (sorry for that).

If this announcer story had happened then, it would have left everyone dumbfounded. We would probably not believe it, it had to be a joke.

We've spent too long protecting our kids from any adversity for them to know how to handle it. Unfortunately it's not completely recent. I had a 50 year old woman tell me it's not fair that she has to help her coworkers when they fall behind. It blew my mind. How does someone get to 50 and still believe life is fair?

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Wylaff said:

That's a new one. I have heard the term try-sexual? 
    I have used that word before. 
    "I am trysexual, I will try anything once."
    It was the 80s, and most of that decade is just a blur now! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.