Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to do with the media comparing Hitler supporters to confederate supporters which was what you asked me.

I can't help that you don't agree with something which was literally posted in black and white and then carried out.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Sorta like how the media falsely stated that the stock market would plummet yesterday because Gary Cohn resigned. Guess what? That was a lie yet they still had the stock market at a parade rest
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    It has to do with the media comparing Hitler supporters to confederate supporters which was what you asked me.

I can't help that you don't agree with something which was literally posted in black and white and then carried out.
    I was disagreeing with buying supporters, not the statement.

As far as Confederate and **** supporters, or their modern equivalents Neo-nazis and the KKK, it's all about White supremacy, White privilege. It isn't a comparison, they're one and the same.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:
    Markwell said:

I was disagreeing with buying supporters, not the statement.

As far as Confederate and **** supporters, or their modern equivalents Neo-nazis and the KKK, it's all about White supremacy, White privilege. It isn't a comparison, they're one and the same.
    Wait, I can write Hitler and neo-nazis, but not N azis?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. Are you saying that some information on the internet is false?
    Say it ain't so!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw an article online about Charles Manson getting paroled because of over crowding, and within a few hours I had two other people tell me the same thing. If you do even a cursory search to fact check the information you immediately realize it is completely false. 

We live in a time where information is so easily disseminated that we should always be on guard. Additionally, when news originates on fourchan or Reddit you should be wary of it. People troll those sites trying to spread fake and malicious news. 
  • Options
    That's why I watch Info Wars
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    That's why I watch Info Wars

I can't really tell if your serious? I've listened to him on Joe Rogan's podcast, but I wouldn't really call him completely credible. In fact, the Democrats are responsible for sending protesters to NC comment was perpetuated by him and it appears to be completely without factual support. 

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/aug/14/alex-jones/infowars-alex-jones-falsely-says-george-soros-hill/

I've always thought of him as more of an entertainer, than an actual reporter. 
  • Options
    Alex Jones has made some outrageous claims actually. That the New World Order are turning Americans into sheep, the moon landing is fake, Satanists are taking over America, Bill Gates is trying to wipe out minorities, the Government can control the weather, Hilary is running a child sex ring out of a pizza place, the government is behind the 9/11 attacks, and that millions of illegal immigrants voted illegally. 

It sounds like something you would find in the National Enquirer. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By Wesley Pruden - The Washington Times - Thursday, August 17, 2017

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

To arms! The Confederates are coming! The Confederates are coming!

Union scouts have already discovered Robert E. Lee at the gates of the city, lining up the gallant Pelham’s artillery to fire the opening round, and Stonewall Jackson and Jeb Stuart are expected to arrive on a night train from the Shenandoah Valley.

Not since First Manassas, when the Yankees fled the battlefield in blind panic, after taking a licking in the first battle of the Cruel War of Northern Aggression, has the Capital quailed in such fear and trembling.

This time it’s only an army of marble, but marble men are apparently enough against a foe of the weak and the weary of combat. Cities, counties and states across the nation have been taking down Southern statuary for days — brave Baltimore waited for the cover of night to do the deed — all in hopes of being spared the wrath of the regiments of bronze and marble regiments. Californians scoured graveyards for evidence of insurrection and finally found something in Hollywood, of all places.

These were the graves of dead Confederates exiled from formerly Confederate states from Virginia to Texas who repaired to the balm of mild and gentle California to live out their final days, only to die forgotten in an alien land. The searchers found a plaque, overgrown with moss and soil, identifying those who sleep there. The plaque, though not a trophy as valuable as statuary of Lee or Jackson, was nevertheless removed as a prize of combat with the dead. The Los Angeles Times reports that “the bodies will not be disinterred.” Well, not now, anyway. Maybe next week, when the remains can be properly flogged and assigned to the city dump.

Back among the living, you might think the Democrats would be in Hog Heaven, intoxicated with the prospect of slaying Donald Trump at last. Metaphorically speaking, of course. (We think.) But months of malaise — the French call it “ennui,” or lassitude for lack of excitement — have made havoc of Democratic fundraising.

• Options
    They are all entertainers.
    That is their job. To keep you watching or listening. 
    One thing they always think about is, how can I twist this to get/keep their attention.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    That's true, but I don't remember the last time I heard from a credible news source Satanists were taking over America or Bill Gates believes in eugenics and wants to wipe out all minorities. That is bridge too far even for "entertainers". 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole monument thing isn't about being offended or reminded of slavery.  If it was, then why didn't they start this whole ruckus when Obama was in office.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    This whole monument thing isn't about being offended or reminded of slavery.  If it was, then why didn't they start this whole ruckus when Obama was in office.
      There was some controversy over state flags then. One thing at a time.
  • Options
    @peter4jc
    They have a list they are following. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    peter4jc said:

You of course are correct. It is about control and power. With a smidgen of xxxxx washing thrown in. Of course it helps if the police stand around doing nothing. I guess that is going to be the norm now.
    Slowly but surely it gets deeper into the minds of the xxxxxxxxxx and not very xxxxxx. The easily ****, xxxxxxxx to be more exact. After all it is what they are about, being **** like a xxxx of xxxxx.

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    peter4jc said:

You of course are correct. It is about control and power. With a smidgen of brain washing thrown in. 

So your argument is basically since it wasn't done before then it shouldn't be done at all? 
  • Options
    Here's an idea:

How about y'all just give us the south and you can keep the north...and California. Then we can live the way we want and all the snowflakes can live in the land of make believe where everything is kittens and rainbows.
  • Options
    And yes, I do consider Info Wars (Alex Jones) a credible source. The things you have mentioned are not things he has said and he has voiced several times that he did not say them in that context. Once again the media has taken his words (mainly audio) and cropped them into nonsense. 

Do I agree with all of his theories? No, but 9 times out of 10 he isn't far off.
  • Options
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Here's an idea:

How about y'all just give us the south and you can keep the north...and California. Then we can live the way we want and all the snowflakes can live in the land of make believe where everything is kittens and rainbows.
    There would literally be a war over who gets to keep California and the losing side is the one that would have to take it. xD
  • Options
    Crisius said:
    Markwell said:
    Here's an idea:

There would literally be a war over who gets to keep California and the losing side is the one that would have to take it. xD
    Quite the cogent argument you make. B)
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    California is already ready to split into two or more different states.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    California is already ready to split into two or more different states.
    That actually turned out to be Unconstitutional.
  • Options
    Let me just take a quick poll: How many of you think I voted for Hillary, press Agree; if you think I voted for Trump, pree Disagree; if you think I did not bother voting at all, press WTF.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tht is, actually, correct. I wrote-in Bernie, but only 'cuz I couldn't vote for Ron Paul again.

https://youtu.be/w7NeRiNefO0

https://youtu.be/9dY4WlxO6i0

https://youtu.be/23X14HS4gLk

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    ElJimbo said:
    Let me just take a quick poll: How many of you think I voted for Hillary, press Agree; if you think I voted for Trump, pree Disagree; if you think I did not bother voting at all, press WTF.
    I did a write in for Bill Nye and then tagged him in a Tweet. He liked it. xD