you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    2hand2hand Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Probably a good thing I get enjoyment from just reading the posts in this discussion.
    If you don't like women drivers, then stay off the sidewalk.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I'm still trying to figure out when this country became a bunch of nosy, busy body, sniveling, crybabies who ****/complain about hate and racism, yet at the same time spread hate and discontent across the nation.

Was it really the last 2 presidents that are cause of all this?
    Or are they the excuse for people to go psycho?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I'm still trying to figure out when this country became a bunch of nosy, busy body, sniveling, crybabies who ****/complain about hate and racism, yet at the same time spread hate and discontent across the nation.

There is a third possibility. It may be that each civilization has a life of its own. The hive may be more than the sum of its ants. That hive may go thru developmental stages the same way an individual goes thru life stages. Our civilization is apparently going thru a self-destructive dotage right now. Whether or not any one of us desires its suicide, our American experiment appears to be turning on itself. Will it come to its senses? In time? Eventually everything dies.

Even so, I believe that in future that Obama will go down as our worst ever president. He would be rated second to FDR if FDR were not unjustly lionized for having led us in war and then excused by dying in office. Trump my be the cheetoh messiah, but the licorice liar left us so much weaker all over the world; and not only poorer, but toxic at home, divided, angry, and confused about the simplest matters. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost said:

but the licorice liar left us so much weaker all over the world; and not only poorer, but toxic at home, divided, angry, and confused about the simplest matters. 

If the people were divided during Obama, it was the normal division between left/right, certainly not "toxic... confused" the way it is Now. People knew where they stood, at least.

As far as the "crybabies who 'complain' (Ha!) about Hate and rascism [turning around to] Spread Hate and Discontent", take a Good Look at this Thread and Tell me, Whom is Spreading Hate and Discontent?
  • Options
        Wylaff said:
        Most snowflakes are too busy with the Oprah channel to even watch espn...

2hand said:

jd50ae said:
            Why doesn't espn just fold into cnn and get it over with?

Because that would be a monopoly of...

A.  Idiots
        B.  Charlie Browns
        C.  Snowflakes
        D.  All of the above
        E.  All of the above and more

Diver43 said:

Maybe Rev. Jesse Jackson should change his name?  Some snowflake might confuse him as being a relative of Gen. Stonewall Jackson or something.

• Options
    0patience said:

• Options
    ElJimbo said:
    Quoting myself b'cause some of you seem to miss the point as soon as it's off the page...
  • Options
    Diego,
    Understood. 
    But make no mistake, I am not on Trump's side by any means.
    But, in the past few days, I have seen tons of people who are calling for Trump's head (literally), while screaming about the hate in the world and the "oppression" and how it's the other side's fault.

Instead of working together to solve the problem, they would rather rally and destroy things. In that case, I call it like I see it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElJimbo said:
        Wylaff said:

2hand said:

jd50ae said:
            Why doesn't espn just fold into cnn and get it over with?

Because that would be a monopoly of...

A.  Idiots
        B.  Charlie Browns
        C.  Snowflakes
        D.  All of the above
        E.  All of the above and more

Diver43 said:

Maybe Rev. Jesse Jackson should change his name?  Some snowflake might confuse him as being a relative of Gen. Stonewall Jackson or something.

What? I didn't make the cut? Dang!
  • Options
    I certainly haven't resorted to calling ya'll a Bunch of Ignorant, Privileged, NIMBY, Self-righteous, Self-deluded, Hypocritical, Cracker Good Ol' Boys...

Yet.
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:
    I certainly haven't resorted to calling ya'll a Bunch of Ignorant, Privileged, NIMBY, Self-righteous, Self-deluded, Hypocritical, Cracker Good Ol' Boys...

Yet.
    That's funny, right there.
    NIMBY< I like that. Gonna have to remember that one.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Diego,
    Understood. 
    But make no mistake, I am not on Trump's side by any means.
    But, in the past few days, I have seen tons of people who are calling for Trump's head (literally), while screaming about the hate in the world and the "oppression" and how it's the other side's fault.

Instead of working together to solve the problem, they would rather rally and destroy things. In that case, I call it like I see it.

Rallying is to bring attention to the issue. I wasn't there, so I can't confirm that the counter-protesters carried clubs like Trump said. But Nothing was destroyed but the Life of a Person in the Name of Hate.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Bob_Luken said:
    Wylaff said:
    ESPN exectives = snowflakes

Guess that's why they can't do sports well anymore. Too much Oprah in 'em.  
    Ok, here ya go @Bob_Luken. You were,of course, referring to ESPN, and I have to agree that what they did was Ridiculous.
  • Options
    So you are saying that in the past 6 months protesters have destroyed nothing?
    I must be misreading things or must be seeing things when Portland was destroyed by protesters.

I'm missing something here.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racism is a funny thing. The more you try to call attention to it, the more it swells....

Doesn't help that it seems 90% of the time someone cried racism it's because they can't fathom anyone disagreeing with them for any reason besides race.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    0patience said:
    So you are saying that in the past 6 months protesters have destroyed nothing?
    I must be misreading things or must be seeing things when Portland was destroyed by protesters.

I'm missing something here.
    I was talking about the topic at hand. I didn't know about that, I'm sorry for it. It's a sad state of affairs when people resort to violence. This antifa is not something I'm a part of or support. I could say that it's pent-up frustration like you get when the Inner city riots, but that doesn't excuse it. I blame Trump and his policies. He's inciting both sides.

And yet... I can't help but wonder how things would be if Clinton had won.
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Racism is a funny thing. The more you try to call attention to it, the more it swells....

Doesn't help that it seems 90% of the time someone cried racism it's because they can't fathom anyone disagreeing with them for any reason besides race.
    That' true up to a point. The problem is that 10% changes from person to person. I've been accused of appropriating someone's culture b'cause I had cornrows (I look white, but am Hispanic), even though it's part of my culture ,as well.
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:

And yet... I can't help but wonder how things would be if Clinton had won.
    Shivers just went up my spine when I read that. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:
    Wylaff said:

That' true up to a point. The problem is that 10% changes from person to person. I've been accused of appropriating someone's culture b'cause I had cornrows (I look white, but am Hispanic), even though it's part of my culture ,as well.
    But it's the crap like that that keeps racism alive. "You can't use that hair style, that's OUR style!" followed very closely by "Why won't racism end?"
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    ElJimbo said:
    Wylaff said:

But it's the crap like that that keeps racism alive. "You can't use that hair style, that's OUR style!" followed very closely by "Why won't racism end?"
    Like I said, it's my culture also, so I can see where he's coming from. One people are not kept down for hundreds of years by another without Learning to Hate, Mistrust them.

And like I agreed, that's 90% of the problem. I shouldn't've had to explain to him my Family history just to get his acceptance. But I did, instead of worsening the situation by calling crap on his ideals. If he can't appreciate that, then I don't associate with people like that.

I'ma be Me, you do you.
  • Options
    people put sunblock on eyes during eclipse ended up in hospital 22 People put sunblock in eyes during eclipse ended up in hospital

Redding Ca had multiple instances of people coming to the hospital for treatment after doing just this...

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Wylaff said:
    people put sunblock on eyes during eclipse ended up in hospital 22 People put sunblock in eyes during eclipse ended up in hospital

Redding Ca had multiple instances of people coming to the hospital for treatment after doing just this...

There is a photo site that has a couple of jerks that promote stupidity like this. They think they are funny. Pain and injury are not funny. I hope someone starts bringing legal action against the AHs that post this kind of garbage.
  • Options
    On the one hand, I do agree that people shouldn't be spending things that cause harm to the unknowing masses. On the other hand, I agree with survival of the fittest, and the only reason we have unknowing masses is because we babied them and told them not to stop chainsaws with their genitals... someone post a picture for me...

• Options
    The point being, if someone really has to hold your hand through go this chit, you are probably bad for the human race.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had heard about this but did believe it. Doesn't matter if someone told them it was OK to do at what point does common sense kick in. I'm pretty sure it also says on the back of the bottle not to get it in the eyes. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    holder and obozo diffuse something? Not gonna happen, they revel in it. Has obozo returned to the US yet? The dems love it because it distracts from their total lack of leadership or message. As long as these staged and funded riots take place it will be blamed on Trump. That, as simple to understand as it is, is the game plan. It is a shame that some people refuse to see it, and constantly try to spin it. 
    Trump isn't perfect but he did not start the riots, he was just a handy excuse to be stupid and riot, with considerable help from liberal indoctrination centers. If you take the time to listen to the rioters, if you can get them to stop running, remove their masks and drop the bricks, their intelligence will underwhelm you.
    pelosi is even capable of lying about a peaceful rally in calalafornia, asking the park authority to ban it, and in doing so, cause every rioter from miles around to gear up for a "counter demonstration"(code for riot).
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    You know what I would like to see?
    When the rare arrest is made make a list of who and where they are from.
    Publish it.
    OMG.
    Sorry snowflake, when you are arrested, it is a public record.

Who of you would hire today's college graduate?