Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it funny. I shared the nurse one with a nurse I know. She loved it and said she showed her coworkers. I highly doubt she shared it on other social media. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Within the following article I found a list of "Never Appropriate" humor and I don't think any of these on the list apply to a nurse jokingly implying murder of an unspecified patient for unspecified reasons. That might not get you fired as quick as calling someone a fat hillbilly because of their Appalachian heritage, and their extra weight.      

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/business-laws-humor-in-the-workplace-is-restricted-by-law-3515755

Humor That Is Never Appropriate in the Workplace

Certain types of comments, jokes, and pranks are never appropriate in the workplace and should not be encouraged or tolerated. Many topics are legally mandated as “off limits” in the workplace, and your employees should be prohibited from innuendos and making comments or references about:

• Sexual orientation or acts
    • Religious or political practices or beliefs
    • Race or ethnicity
    • Social status, gender, or age-related stereotypes
    • Physical appearance and attributes
    • Weight-related issues
    • Disabled persons, or persons with any form of diminished capacity
    • Any other topic that targets an individual or group as being inferior

According to Eugene Volokh, Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law:

Speech can be punished as workplace harassment if it's: "severe or pervasive" enough to … create a "hostile or abusive work environment" based on race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability (including obesity), military membership or veteran status, or, in some jurisdictions, sexual orientation, marital status, transsexualism or cross-dressing, political affiliation, criminal record, prior psychiatric treatment, occupation, citizenship status, personal appearance, "matriculation," tobacco use outside work, Appalachian origin, receipt of public assistance, or dishonorable discharge from the military; for the plaintiff and for a reasonable person.
    What was that? Did that say "tobacco use outside of work"? Does that mean you can't say anything negative about a co-worker's tobacco use outside of work?  Does that mean people who use tobacco are a protected class? rick astley wtf GIF
    "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech"
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

You can't get arrested or fined for saying that stuff, but you sure can lose your job. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like I've got 8.5 more years before I exceed expectations...

Life expectancy for Americans fell again last year, to 78.6 years, and has now lost three-tenths of a year since 2014. Economists consider life expectancy to be an important measure of a nation's prosperity, but the 2017 data paints a darker picture of health in the U.S. The figure was pushed down by the sharpest annual increase in suicides in nearly a decade and a continued rise in deaths from opioid drugs. 
    webmost said:

You can't get arrested or fined for saying that stuff, but you sure can lose your job. 
    "Many topics are legally mandated as “off limits” in the workplace"

They're certainly sneaking round it someplace.

Tho I agree that most times it's not Big Brother, it's Each Other.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Payless fools 'influencers' into paying big price for affordably priced shoes at fake high-end store

doesn't matter how careful you are ^. 
    doesn't matter how careful you are:

Marriott -5.6% premarket after revealing that its Starwood guest reservation database was breached, potentially exposing information on about 500M guests. Among the Marriott (NYSE:MAR) data taken included names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, passport numbers, date of birth and gender. For some, the information also includes payment card numbers and payment card expiration dates.
    edited December 2018
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......
    In DC a marriage license clerk would not believe New Mexico is a state.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5973699388001/?#sp=show-clips
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

Not surprised....it happens a LOT more than anyone can imagine. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Guitarded said:
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

When I moved top Delaware, my kid sister asked me "What state is that in?" She was a school teacher at the time. She has long since retired on a generous pension. 

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still refuse to accept $2 bills.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Guitarded said:
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

When I moved top Delaware, my kid sister asked me "What state is that in?" She was a school teacher at the time. She has long since retired on a generous pension. 
    webmost said:
    Guitarded said:
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

0webmost said:
    Guitarded said:
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

webmost said:
    Guitarded said:
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

Well that's just silly ,everyone knows it's a city in Maryland ,right?😂
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited December 2018
    ‘LOVE EVERYBODY, EXCEPT...’

Kid Rock, exercising his freedom of speech on live TV, gets fired from Nashville Christmas parade gig as Grand Marshall. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kid-rock-calls-joy-behar-a-btch-live-on-fox-and-friends  After an impassioned plea to host Steve Doocy about the need for people to come together and have calm, civil discourse, Kid Rock couldn’t leave well enough alone. “I would say, love everybody. . . except screw that Joy Behar ****,” he said, forcing a flustered Doocy to repeatedly apologize for the artist’s language. Kid Rock quickly noted that he was joking, but stopped short of asking forgiveness. “I apologize for the language, not the sentiment,” he said.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/kid-rock-nashville-christmas-parade-joy-behar-762167/

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw that this A.M, Robert De Niro gets a standing ovation and labeled a hero for what he said about a republican though. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guitarded said:
    jd50ae said:
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

I shyte you not, It was about 6 months ago, I was here on East Coast checking in at a hotel when the young lady behind the counter asks "Where are you coming from?" I say "New Mexico" and she never misses a beat, all smiles- "Welcome to this country!" I couldn't hide a huge grin and just said "Gracias"  :D
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Mexico is the ONLY state that has USA on the license plates.🇺🇸
    I did not make this up! 👽🌶🌮
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    can't make this image up, but in a good way:

edited December 2018

cleveland-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-after-listeners-voiced-concerns-about-predatory-undertones

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cleveland-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-after-listeners-voiced-concerns-about-predatory-undertones/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=60505742

Smells like a made-up controversy good enough to fill a few minutes of EVERY evening newscast plus half an hour on any talk radio show, not to mention all the clicks they'll get. They got one from me. 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

cleveland-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-after-listeners-voiced-concerns-about-predatory-undertones

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cleveland-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-after-listeners-voiced-concerns-about-predatory-undertones/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=60505742

Smells like a made-up controversy good enough to fill a few minutes of EVERY evening newscast plus half an hour on any talk radio show, not to mention all the clicks they'll get. They got one from me. 
    Maybe the song is talking about predatory manatees 

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Maybe the song is talking about predatory manatees 

Manatees are known for their poor eyesight!
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

I pull up People of Wal-Mart everyday.
    If that is dressing up I would be afraid to go to a Dollar Place.

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

no matter where you go, there you are.

VeggieTales' is 'racist' and 'dangerous' for children, California students claim