Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

mcdonalds touchscreen menus are covered with poop

http://mentalfloss.com/article/565564/mcdonalds-touchscreen-menus-are-covered-poop-report-finds?fbclid=IwAR3su_nwzCt5sGXvSDzwrNt8vDcuLEzOa0QXCMculLU8mUdehpv3UKwbASM

Joe Raedle Getty Images

Says right there on the touch screen in the photo, browse by flavor. :( Am I supposed to lick my finger?

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^well, it is McDonalds; I haven't been in one of those in decades.
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I think you're supposed to lick the screen.  When every flavor tastes like poop, you realize what you should have known all along...
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem with the bowl of mints at the register and the pen they hand you to sign your charge slip.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Same problem with the bowl of mints at the register and the pen they hand you to sign your charge slip.
    And cell phones, I always get creeped out if I remember to think about the germs and cooties when people hand me their cell phone in order to show me a photo or whatever. I usually don't think to put on rubber gloves first, but I should. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yeah but, where do you touch poop? Uh, I mean screens? Gas pump? Convenience store? Grocery store checkout? Every checkout counter anywhere you buy stuff?  Just because you're never in McDonalds, doesn't mean you don't touch,..... screens.  :D

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this thing on fb, how the hand driers in restrooms are blowing all this fecal matter around and onto your hands as you dry them.  I say, yes that's true.  I also say you're not in a sterile environment where the air driers are bringing in **** air from somewhere else; whatever the drier is blowing around is the same stinkin' air you've been standing in/breathing in for the last however long it took you to do your stinkin' job.

Of course, we want to be as cleanly as possible, because as they say 'Cleanliness is next to Impossible'...  at the same time, I remind myself that God gave us an immune system, so who cares what germs are on my cell phone and every other damn place?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    poop diarrhea GIF
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Yeah but, where do you touch poop? Uh, I mean screens? Gas pump? Convenience store? Grocery store checkout? Every checkout counter anywhere you buy stuff?  Just because you're never in McDonalds, doesn't mean you don't touch,..... screens.  :D

The headline is misleading. The headline says poop on the screens. But the study only says they find the same bacteria as is found in poop. It may well be that these same bacteria are common most anywhere that a particular study maker may want to calumniate for fake news. 

Heck, the worst infections you can get seem to be iatrogenic. Redskins QB Alex Smith, for instance, is now suffering devastating complications from the surgery to fix his gruesome broken leg, and has undergone multiple subsequent surgeries to combat infection. My wife's first husband died from a hospital infection. These places are infamous. And yet, you would assume that both cleanliness standards and staff calibre in a hospital operating room are several cuts above what you are apt to find at the Golden Arches.

I'm thinking the headline is clickbait and the study could be repeated at any eatery in Cannes.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    bunch a McD. lovers, lol.
    Ever use a public restroom, carefully wash your hands, and then grab the handle to open the damned door?  :)

Hospitals--that where all the antibiotic-resistant germs live.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a reason why there's a pile of paper towels next to the door, or a full trash can with paper towels in it.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Principal under fire for banning candy canes, saying 'J shape' stands for Jesus

WOW......I thought the shape was so I could twirl them on my fingers, and oh yea, to hang from the tree.

Nope, it isn't ever going to stop.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    jd50ae said:
    Principal under fire for banning candy canes, saying 'J shape' stands for Jesus

Nope. J stands for Jihad.

Post edited by webmost on
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited December 2018
    SJW's rack up another victory. 

Just two days ago it was announced that Kevin Hart would host the 2019 Oscars. Next comes a backlash for old homophobic tweets. (BUT, I say the Oscars HAD to know this would happen, and WANTED this to happen. And they knew they were gonna win.)  Plenty of people already knew about the pre-2011 homophobic tweets (and on stage jokes).  Pre-2011 is important because that's when his movie star status began and he most certainly was "advised" by lawyers and PR professionals after 2011. Now back to the present. The **** ******* supposedly forced the Oscars to demand an apology from Hart in order to proceed. He walked. Good for him. But the **** ******* and the Oscars win either way. They either tame this straight man's past or use it to slay him. 

And before you say "I couldn't care less about the Oscars", yeah, me either. It's not about the Oscars. It's about every incident like this where regular guys (who don't go along with the new "normal") are getting tamed or fired.  I admit I'm mostly tamed already (HR wouldn't put up with me for long if I said everything that pops into my head) but this story made me a little mad to think about all this bullsh!t. Know what I mean?
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    SJW's rack up another victory. 

Just two days ago it was announced that Kevin Hart would host the 2019 Oscars. Next comes a backlash for old homophobic tweets. (BUT, I say the Oscars HAD to know this would happen, and WANTED this to happen. And they knew they were gonna win.)  Plenty of people already knew about the pre-2011 homophobic tweets (and on stage jokes).  Pre-2011 is important because that's when his movie star status began and he most certainly was "advised" by lawyers and PR professionals after 2011. Now back to the present. The **** ******* supposedly forced the Oscars to demand an apology from Hart in order to proceed. He walked. Good for him. But the **** ******* and the Oscars win either way. They either tame this straight man's past or use it to slay him. 

And before you say "I couldn't care less about the Oscars", yeah, me either. It's not about the Oscars. It's about every incident like this where regular guys (who don't go along with the new "normal") are getting tamed or fired.  I admit I'm mostly tamed already (HR wouldn't put up with me for long if I said everything that pops into my head) but this story made me a little mad to think about all this bullsh!t. Know what I mean?
    He made a statement that he had already explained and apologized for the tweets several times over the years. I don’t blame the guy for putting his foot down and saying I’m not going to keep doing this; it’s in the past. Way to go Kevin Hart.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Here's what he had to say yesterday. (He's on tour in Australia and has to deal with trolls calling the shots back in the states.) 

And after that video he still made new apologies on twitter. Will they be satisfied with this? Since he merely apologized to the LGBTQ community and did not also heap a truck load of praise on them,.... not gonna be good enough. 

I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year's Oscar's....this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.

I'm sorry that I hurt people.. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.

While looking up info on this fiasco I stumbled across another twitter tweet from some random guy that puts it in a nutshell ,.....

Can’t watch Rudolph. Can’t listen to Baby It’s Cold Outside. Can’t say “Bring Home the Bacon.” Ed Sheeran can’t wear a T-shirt next to Beyoncé. That’s just in the last 4 days.
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    ...and it will continue unabated forever(?).....candy canes, veggie people and on and on and on......
  • Options
    there's something seriously wrong with this situation, health care should not be this expensive:
    "While workers and their families in the Southern states shouldered the biggest share of the cost, Massachusetts employees saw premiums skyrocket and deductibles climb as well. The Bay State was one of eight states where single-person premiums on employer-sponsored plans rose above $7,000 and one of seven states where family premiums were $20,000 or higher in 2017."
  • Options
    there's something seriously wrong with this situation, health care should not be this expensive:
    "While workers and their families in the Southern states shouldered the biggest share of the cost, Massachusetts employees saw premiums skyrocket and deductibles climb as well. The Bay State was one of eight states where single-person premiums on employer-sponsored plans rose above $7,000 and one of seven states where family premiums were $20,000 or higher in 2017."
    Making health care mandatory does not make it affordable.
    No matter what you call the Act.

• Options
    Migrant group demand Trump either let them in or pay them each $50G to turn around: report
    By Louis Casiano | Fox News

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Off to get breakfast.  Bacon, eggs, yogurt, banana and granola .  I  should be dead by sundown. 
    Oh, and 4 or 5 cups of coffee. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Only 2 cups of coffee. 2 boiled eggs and Doritos Nacho Cheese dipped in Queso Blanco dip. Guess I will stay in my room and burn a lot of incense.

My wife tells me she would be a vegan if meat didn't taste so good.
  • Options
     I care about you folks, but take it easy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    IPatrickbrick said:
    HR has had a couple of talks with me they go something like this.
    HR.  Have you ever called someone you work with a re tard.
    ME.  Sure did.
    HR.  Why would you say that to someone?
    ME. Because they were being a re tard.
    HR.  Shocked look on face and speechless.
    ME.  We done here.
    HR.  Nods head.
    Grammar police are nothing compared to the institutional language fascists. They have the power of enforcement, (your job) and they tell you that you cannot say certain words. And I can understand the fascist's side of it too. Your employees are an extension of your business/government, and they must not go around saying things that conflict with the Business/government. Unless you are self employed, your complete and unfettered freedom of speech only exists as a concept, as a matter of practice, it does not exist. We agree to "incomplete and fettered speech" when we sign up for the job. And there's a document somewhere with my signature on it that says so.       
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My self and my employer know that they need me for two more years to keep that place running.  Case in point Saturday night at the herf I received several calls from work for separate reasons.  In two years our new building will be complete, with brand new everything, a monkey can run.  I will not be shocked if that HR folder gets pulled out then, time will tell.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.