Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow

Atlanta (CNN Business)Competitive video game playing, also known as esports, is now a high school varsity sport in eight states.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/tech/esports-varsity-arena/index.html

Next week the Mighty Thumbs take on the Twizzling Joy Sticks. 

OK, not really.  I AM making that up.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump suggesting sending criminal illegal immigrant aliens to sanctuary states and cities. PRICELESS
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Human brains could be connected to the internet in 'next few decades,' scientists predict

https://www.foxnews.com/science/human-brains-connected-internet-scientists-predict

Haven't they been paying attention? You take away the internet today and half the people in this country would cease to exist. Cell Phones, Alexa, PC, Notebooks, Sliders, Tablets, Toys, Games, you name it, they are already connected and brain dead without them.. And you have to be he same or you can't understand them.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

^^^^^
     What's a Hunan?
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Hunan is a province of the People's Republic of China, located in the middle reaches of the Yangtze watershed in South Central China. Hunan food is hotter then/than Szechuan.

Strange question...

• Options
    California town black and white design police cars "Too agressive."
    People think that the word POLICE should be "cloud-like".
    Well hell, let's just paint them sky blue with clouds and flowers.

WTF?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/california-towns-new-police-cars-causing-controversy/ar-BBVXS1X?li=BBnb7Kz
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notre Dame
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Yea. Just seeing one photo of that fire was painful. So much history.
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw that some rich philanthropist pledged 110 mil to help rebuild it. And there was a video game designer that has very recent laser mapped blueprints of the whole place that may be used for the reconstruction. Also some statues were out for refurbishing so there will be some original aspect to it when it eventually gets rebuilt.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    California town black and white design police cars "Too agressive."
    People think that the word POLICE should be "cloud-like".
    Well hell, let's just paint them sky blue with clouds and flowers.

WTF?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/california-towns-new-police-cars-causing-controversy/ar-BBVXS1X?li=BBnb7Kz
    I just read an article that a Police dept. painted it's cars with an American flag and are getting complaints that it may be to offensive to some. WTF
     is wrong with this country??? Enough is enough.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options

Laguna Beach votes to keep American flag on police cars

https://www.foxnews.com/us/southern-california-town-votes-to-keep-flag-on-police-cars

• Options
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47974574

Facebook scraped email contacts of 1.5 million users
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely you’re not suggesting that this kind of testing should be banned and impaired drivers should be allowed to go on their wobbly way.....?
  • Options
    No, but I would prefer Police not be sticking needles into people. Haul the suspect to a third party for the blood draw. Most cops are honest and the thin blue line often protects those who bend the rules.
  • Options
    That was standard practice for the Polezei when I was stationed in Germany.  They had a little blood analyzer in the trunk of their car.  I've seen it happen.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04-anxiety-epidemic-brewing-college-campuses.html
    "The number of 18- to 26-year-old students who report suffering from anxiety disorder has doubled since 2008, perhaps as a result of rising financial stress and increased time spent on digital devices, according to preliminary findings released Thursday by a team of UC Berkeley researchers.

The percentage of all students nationally who reported being diagnosed with or treated for anxiety disorder climbed from 10 percent in 2008 to 20 percent in 2018, according to the findings by a research team led by Richard Scheffler, a professor at the Goldman School of Public Policy and School of Public Health."

• Options
    ^40 years later....Image may contain one or more people people standing and outdoor
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not fair to use science to debunk PC
    https://youtu.be/yhwO8u4sZ-8
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    That was absolutely awesome.  I'm overwhelmed by her intellect and processing abilities.

Bonus:  she's totally hot! 

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    If this is the beginning of acts of aggression, this could get ugly real fast.
    It doesn't take much for two countries already at odds.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    jd50ae said:
    If this is the beginning of acts of aggression, this could get ugly real fast.
    It doesn't take much for two countries already at odds.

Sooner or later there will be blood. The US will of course be blamed. The democrats will of course blame Trump. It will be the democrats fault 100%. The cnn's will have a field day. Instead of feeling any guilt, or expressing any feelings of regret for the people hurt, they will actually be happy with a smug I told you so attitude. Have no doubt, it is coming.
  • Options

With abdominal etching, plastic surgeons help patients get 'six-pack abs'
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190422155008.htm
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

With abdominal etching, plastic surgeons help patients get 'six-pack abs'
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190422155008.htm
    Yeah, but can they make me taller?!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Obama and Hillary tweet about the Easter Sunday terrorist bombing attacks on Christians in churches, but bend over backwards to avoid using words like, Christians or churches. Obama simply re-names Christians "Easter worshippers". (worshipers misspelled) Hillary and a bunch of other idiots are copy cats, complete with the misspelled word. 

Edit: It's not misspelled. My mistake. With two Ps is the European spelling. Still why would all these folks on the west side of the Atlantic ocean follow Obama in spelling it the UK way? Cut and paste I assume. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/sri-lanka-bombings-anti-christian-terrorism/
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Essentially, the Left’s rule is that nothing bad — no matter how true — may be said about Muslims or Islam and nothing good — no matter how true — may be said of Christians or Christianity.

Here are the tweets:

Obama: “The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka.”

Three hours later, Clinton tweeted: “On this holy weekend for many faiths, we must stand united against hatred and violence. I’m praying for everyone affected by today’s horrific attacks on Easter worshippers and travelers in Sri Lanka.”

As they both spelled “worshipers” the same idiosyncratic way and used the term “Easter worshippers,” it is likely that either they had the same writers or Clinton copied Obama.

Here’s what’s critical: Neither used the word “Christians.” And in order to avoid doing so, they went so far as to make up a new term — “Easter worshippers” — heretofore unknown to any Christian.

When Jews were murdered at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Clinton mentioned the synagogue in a tweet. But in her post–Sri Lanka tweet, despite the bombing of three churches filled with Christians, Clinton made no mention of church or churches. In a tweet after the massacre of Muslims in New Zealand, she wrote that her heart broke for “the global Muslim community.” But in her latest tweet, not a word about Christians or the global Christian community.

Obama similarly wrote in his tweet about New Zealand that he was grieving with “the Muslim community” over the “horrible massacre in the Mosques.” But in his tweet about Sri Lanka, there is no mention of Christians or churches.

The reason neither of them mentioned Christians or churches is that the Left has essentially forbidden mention of all the anti-Christian murders perpetrated by Muslims in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa and of all the Muslim desecration of churches in Europe, Africa, and anywhere else. 

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw those tweets the first thing that came to mind is 'I don't worship Easter, and don't know anyone who does.'

I understand that there is a spiritual aspect to this whole arena, where what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears doesn't apply.  And I also grasp that for many of those who are overseers of the human race and its future, Christians are a roadblock, an obstacle, to the progress we should be making to what our race should be becoming.

What I can't comprehend is why those overseers would prefer Islam over Christianity.  When it comes to being controlled, or adaptable, or future-thinking, or kind toward women and homosexuals, I see Islam to be much more disagreeable, so why the favoritism to Muslims?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Perhaps they were referring to Ishtar worshipers?  Or wished they were.  I'm joking, of course.  This kind of thing tends to get me riled up, but also I remember that when Christians went from being persecuted to persecutors they made a LOT of long term enemies.  Intolerance seems to always have a revolving door effect. 

Still, one wonders why is it that in a so-called Democracy, supposedly based on Majority Rule, certain members of our ruling class seem determined to ONLY consider the sensitivities of the tiniest and/or most rabid of minorities?  Maybe because they're the likely assassins?  Certainly the most unstable and unpredictable. 

And intolerant.