Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw someone using a weedwacker as a lawnmower.  I thought he was just using it for a small area he was on when I drove by to get my daughter from preschool. when I passed again 15 mins later he was off the small section and started on the rest of the yard.  I was laughing so hard that my daughter asked "daddy what's so funny", shes three and a half and did not get it.  I wonder how long it took that poor ****, or if he just gave up.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    All smart investors/savers are f ucked if this happens.  Every time the government sticks their filthy fingers where they don't belong **** gets way worse.  Can't wait to watch my once seemingly comfortable retirement plan get shot to ****.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-ways-that-washington-may-soon-change-how-you-save-for-retirement-154824097.html?bcmt=1
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I saw someone using a weedwacker as a lawnmower.  I thought he was just using it for a small area he was on when I drove by to get my daughter from preschool. when I passed again 15 mins later he was off the small section and started on the rest of the yard.  I was laughing so hard that my daughter asked "daddy what's so funny", shes three and a half and did not get it.  I wonder how long it took that poor ****, or if he just gave up.
    Someone in my town, advertising on freecycle.com, is asking for the loan of a grazing animal for a day or two. That's their solution to having no lawnmower. 

My grandpa hired a gardener to mow his acres with a machete. Felipe was his name. Coulda used a mower, I spose; but Grandpa said he just liked to watch him work. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

Naw, just someone trying to make a buck "People can book 30-minute and 60-minute sessions for $25-$50"
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmost said:
    Someone in my town, advertising on freecycle.com, is asking for the loan of a grazing animal for a day or two. That's their solution to having no lawnmower. 

My grandpa hired a gardener to mow his acres with a machete. Felipe was his name. Coulda used a mower, I spose; but Grandpa said he just liked to watch him work. 

I hope he didn't have him dress up in a costume first.
  • Options
    webmost said:

I for sure don't want to know why!
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Younger troops would be barred from buying tobacco products under new plan

This one kind of pisses me off.
    If a person can serve this country and carry a weapon into battle, then they should damn well be able to buy tobacco, if they choose to.

They talk about curbing teenage smoking. Uhm, if they are over 18 and serving their country, then they are no longer teenagers.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

If a person can serve this country and carry a weapon into battle, then they should damn well be able to buy tobacco, if they choose to.

They talk about curbing teenage smoking. Uhm, if they are over 18 and serving their country, then they are no longer teenagers.

Good grief!  This kind of crapp is going to give me a stroke. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, someday soon, maybe, Amazon will be able to track your emotions. I don't like where this is going:

Amazon emotional wearable coming soon?

Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) is developing a voice-activated wearable device that can recognize human emotions, according to Bloomberg. The wrist-worn gadget is described as a health and wellness product in internal documents, although it's unclear how far along the project is, or if it will ever become a commercial device. It's a collaboration between Lab126, the hardware development group behind Amazon’s Fire Phone and Echo smart speaker, and the Alexa voice software team.

• Options
    Stole from a guy in a wheelchair https://youtu.be/uCUlhZNjQLM

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

If they get killed in battle, are they going to claim it was due to smoking? This is just fu#ked up. Big Brother raising his arm again, makes me sick.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    super.
    -----------
    MAY 19
    First American Financial Corp. Leaked Hundreds of Millions of Title Insurance Records
    The Web site for Fortune 500 real estate title insurance giant First American Financial Corp. [NYSE:FAF] leaked hundreds of millions of documents related to mortgage deals going back to 2003, until notified this week by KrebsOnSecurity. The digitized records — including bank account numbers and statements, mortgage and tax records, Social Security numbers, wire transaction receipts, and drivers license images — were available without authentication to anyone with a Web browser.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/05/first-american-financial-corp-leaked-hundreds-of-millions-of-title-insurance-records/
  • Options
    Mt. Everest is, um, crowded:
    A photo from Nirmal Purjas Project Possible expedition shows a long queue of mountain climbers lining up to stand at the summit of Mount Everest

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48401491
  • Options
    Take a number.

• Options
    Darwin Award aspirant and 13 time felon shoots himself in the nuts then poops a poke of pot on the operating table:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-allegedly-hiding-drugs-in-butt-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-testicles

• Options
    Wow.  Bringing the definition of "Dips hit" to whole new levels.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the shot to your testicles, the next shot should be to your forehead!
  • Options
    Economics is not my strong point; I don't understand why increasing the cost of imported goods isn't just decreasing the buying power of the dollar as it increases the cost of the imported items.
    -----
    President Trump has turned the tariff gun on his southern neighbor, saying the U.S. will impose a 5% levy on "all goods coming into our country from Mexico" from June 10, which will "gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied." The shock tweet sent investors into safe haven assets, with gold climbing back above $1300/ounce, amid fears that another increase in tariffs could tip the U.S., and maybe the whole world, into recession. Along with a fall in global stocks, DJIA futures slid 283 points on the news, while the 10-year U.S. Treasury yield declined 7 bps to a fresh 20-month low of 2.16% and the Mexican peso slipped 2.8%against the dollar.
  • Options
    Congress needs to get off their effin tails and pass an immigration bill. Either fund the wall they voted for so many years ago, or else make citizenship meaningless. Do something. Barry couldn't get action. Donnie has nothing else left in his quiver. Stop the endless investigations, and take care of business.

• Options
    webmost said:
    Congress needs to get off their effin tails and 
    OK, we can stop right there.  What you're asking for only happens under rare circumstances. 

For instance, to raise taxes on persons or entities other than themselves, to give themselves a raise, to shift work or responsibility to agencies other than themselves, to blow money on investigating people that they don't like, mostly each other, and to prevent other-than-Republican-or-Democrat political parties from gaining traction in elections. 

There may be others, but I can't remember or think of any.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Congress needs to get off their effin tails and 
    OK, we can stop right there.  What you're asking for only happens under rare circumstances. 

For instance, to raise taxes on persons or entities other than themselves, to give themselves a raise, to shift work or responsibility to agencies other than themselves, to blow money on investigating people that they don't like, mostly each other, and to prevent other-than-Republican-or-Democrat political parties from gaining traction in elections. 

There may be others, but I can't remember or think of any.
    You forgot the biggest one, to get re-elected. 
  • Options
    used to be at concerts everyone held up bic lighters. I feel so old....

• Options

• Options

Everything Will Connect to the Internet Someday, and This Biobattery Could Help Make That a RealityIn the future, small paper and plastic devices will be able to connect to the internet for a short duration, providing information on everything from healthcare to consumer products, before they are thrown away. Researchers at Binghamton University, ...– Binghamton University, State University of New YorkJournal of Power Sources, May-2019

• Options
    On May 31, 2019, Quest Diagnostics announced that an unauthorized user had access to the personal information of approximately 11.9 million patients through a third-party billing collections vendor. The unauthorized access occurred between August 1, 2018 and March 30, 2019. 

The patients’ personal information that the unauthorized user potentially had access to included:
    Social Security numbers
    Certain financial data
    Medical information
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    and it gets worse. My CC has been hacked twice this year. I guess I'll switch to cash, paypal, and one of those preloaded debit cards they sell at the supermarket.
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/06/labcorp-7-7m-consumers-hit-in-collections-firm-breach/