Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hillary Sucks

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost, Let's not forget the other magic phrase, "I'm offended".

I'm so sick of both of these being used as if they were in any way pertinent to an argument.  Someone's "offended", who gives a rip?  So what?  Free speech absolutely guarantees that someone, somewhere is going to be offended. 

Crotchety old fahts, ain't we? 

Quick, someone post Don Henley's "Get over it".

:p
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    thank you! this one made me laugh so much I had to steal it for FB
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    webmost said:
    ...... It's a Trojan horse.
    Sure it is. But who brought it into play?  Sure as hell wasn't Trump's side.....  I think THAT's more to the point....
    Racist.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Politics makes people crazy.
    People are crazy, politics just bring it out into the open! 
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    thank you! this one made me laugh so much I had to steal it for FB
    I laughed pretty hard when I first saw it to. 
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    While it may be ironic for a guy whose handle is inspired by the guy who saved all of Europe from Muslim invaders (but not so much for the guy whose avatar is Dirk Willems), but I think Trump has gone way too far in his anti-immigrant push.  Hilary-well not far enough in controlling borders.  None of this convinces me one sucks any less than the other.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel said:
    While it may be ironic for a guy whose handle is inspired by the guy who saved all of Europe from Muslim invaders (but not so much for the guy whose avatar is Dirk Willems), but I think Trump has gone way too far in his anti-immigrant push.  Hilary-well not far enough in controlling borders.  None of this convinces me one sucks any less than the other.
    Hapsburgs might disagree that Charlie Hammer saved all Europe. But he certainly didn't do it by inviting the Ummayad to settle in Belgium.

Too far gets the job done.
    Not far enough gets towers knocked down.

... and let's be frank: If Trump were not the king of hyperbole, we wouldn't be looking at him now. How much of his outrageousness is assumed strategy we don't know; but that he needs media we do. Same way he goes to Louisiana while she tours cocktail parties on the Vineyard. She's raising corporate money to buy TV. He's getting it where he can. 

Not suggesting for a moment he isn't a jackass. Just saying, in the end, nobody's building a damn wall. That's posturing.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost said:
    Martel said:
    Hapsburgs might disagree that Charlie Hammer saved all Europe. But he certainly didn't do it by inviting the Ummayad to settle in Belgium.

Too far gets the job done.
    Not far enough gets towers knocked down.

... and let's be frank: If Trump were not the king of hyperbole, we wouldn't be looking at him now. How much of his outrageousness is assumed strategy we don't know; but that he needs media we do. Same way he goes to Louisiana while she tours cocktail parties on the Vineyard. She's raising corporate money to buy TV. He's getting it where he can. 

Not suggesting for a moment he isn't a jackass. Just saying, in the end, nobody's building a damn wall. That's posturing.

Hapsburg dynasty as a bunch of Counts begins what, 2-300 years later than the Battle of Tours?  Western Europe had many points where it was on the verge of significant disruption, at least.  Plenty of credit to go around through the course of European history, I suppose, but had Charlie failed there's a significant chance Europe looks much different, today, if not because of Muslim incursion then because of no Charlemagne.  

And I agree, no one is building a wall.  And if there's a wall, there will still be ways around.  I just haven't seen Trump offer anything but hyperbole as policy.  That worries me.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a wall in Nogales, I go there a couple times a month, there are tunnels under the wall and kids climbing over, not the answer
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    there is a wall in Nogales, I go there a couple times a month, there are tunnels under the wall and kids climbing over, not the answer
    Exactly.  A wall doesn't stop rabbits or coyotes, it certainly won't stop humans.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Exactly.  A wall doesn't stop rabbits or coyotes, it certainly won't stop humans.
    But it would have to slow them down, and should make it easier to patrol.  The border should be sealed as well as possible... that's not the question, the question is how.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Landmines and pillboxes.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    I guess I've already seen "The Wall", keeping us out of the Workers Paradise.  I can't wrap my head around supporting an American Iron Curtain.  The wall is a wall on both sides of the wall, and the machine guns swing 360 degrees. 

I think America is "greater" than that.

• Options
    Martel said:
     I just haven't seen Trump offer anything but hyperbole as policy.  That worries me.

I you haven't seen, then you're not looking. Try his web site policy statements. Listen to his series of policy speeches -- you can find them on the web. He sounds much more rational when not generating outrageous sound bites for media to excerpt.

An example: Fire those incompetent VA bastards, shut their hospitals all but for the prosthetics, give the vets a Medicare card, and get it over with. Sensible, do-able, and worlds better than issuing regulations requiring these same incompetent VA hospitals to cut pervert privates' peckers off.

I don't say Trump's not a jackass. I don't say build a wall. I just say look.

• Options
    webmost said:
    Martel said:
     I just haven't seen Trump offer anything but hyperbole as policy.  That worries me.

I you haven't seen, then you're not looking. Try his web site policy statements. Listen to his series of policy speeches -- you can find them on the web. He sounds much more rational when not generating outrageous sound bites for media to excerpt.

An example: Fire those incompetent VA bastards, shut their hospitals all but for the prosthetics, give the vets a Medicare card, and get it over with. Sensible, do-able, and worlds better than issuing regulations requiring these same incompetent VA hospitals to cut pervert privates' peckers off.

I don't say Trump's not a jackass. I don't say build a wall. I just say look.

You're talking about my cousin in this post!  He'll be the first to tell you he's more manly than you, too.  Football player, hunter, SEAL, pre-op.

Veterans' benefits are important, and I've seen his website.  Probably agree on this issue, but I don't really think a lot of his policy statements make sense there, either.

• Options
    DatsFugginFunny right there!

I need to see that movie again.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like Vince Foster did, right??   :#
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm voting Escobar!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    I'm voting Escobar!
    Anybody but Billary.....   :s
  • Options
    Here's an interesting video someone sent to me. I can't vouch for it but it's interesting.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1IDQ2V1eM

It also could clear up what I thought was just a 'tell' when she's lying - the 'wide-eyed' look. Hell, we all know she's always lying....

• Options
    It's a vast right wing conspiracy.

• Options
    webmost said:
    It's a vast right wing conspiracy.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!  Yeah, that must be it....   :p
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^So funny!
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She kinda looks like monica in that pic
    Non Crux sed lux