Home General Discussion

Reno Herf October 2016

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish I could make it.
    whoops, wrong tracking #, that one is for an unbirthday present  :)
    yours is: 9505513360266273017160
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can start as simply as finding a good B&M in the area and putting out feelers to see if anyone wants to show up and herf on a certain day.  You can build from there.  I've herfed with some local Bay Area folks in the past.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emcee said:
    Does anyone know if we get these little events around the Southeast?  Sounds like a blast.
    These gatherings are becoming more common. Just as an example,......We had a small gathering in the smokies a few months back thanks to @Nolagizmo. Three of us from the forum made it there and, we also met up with some friends of friends and relatives of friends and it was a great time. 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/896912/smoking-in-the-smokeys  
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's official - my child bride and I won't be able to make it to Reno to help you celebrate your birthday, Wayne. I'm really sorry. I was hoping against hope but it just isn't in the cards. 

Barb just got got out of the hospital a few days ago after being there a few days and she's just not springing back like she used to do. Plus, the eye surgeon who's trying to save the vision in my right eye just scheduled another appointment for 10/7 which is the day I think we'd have been traveling to Reno. 

Sooooo..., you guys will just have find some other form of entertainment than sitting around smoking cigars with an oldfart. I know it'll be difficult but....   :p

Again, I'm very sorry, Wayne. We'll be thinking about ya, though. 

***Happy Birthday Wayne*** 

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope everything goes well Marty. I'll come visit you before too long :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Peter??  You're including Peter in this?  Oh, man, I don't know. I mean, he's got a bad reputation.  >:)

Naw, I'm just kidding. He's as welcome as.., uh, well, hmmmm..  :p
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got my schedule today (and a $5/hr bump) but wasnt the schedule I was looking for. happy birthday Wayne, you guys have fun and stay outta trouble
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, @dirtdude!

And of course, HBD Wayne!
    Nice going, @dirtdude.  Congratulations. 
    dirtdude said:
    got my schedule today (and a $5/hr bump) but wasnt the schedule I was looking for. happy birthday Wayne, you guys have fun and stay outta trouble
    Congrats Brother! 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, I didnt get the crew that was short handed which would have punched my ticket to Reno
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I land in Reno, NV at 8:30pm local time, anyway I can get a ride to Wayne's place from someone?

Thanks in advance!
    Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Call me when you land.

Thanks Wayne will do, getting real excited its just a few days now woohoo!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished packing for next weekend. I'm really looking forward to this! 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    Dear Lord...

Wylaff said:
    Dear Lord...
    C'mon, it's not that bad! I didn't go quite as far off the deep end as Brett!  :D

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    jbohon said:
    Just finished packing for next weekend. I'm really looking forward to this! 

.... I picked out an outfit to wear....
    I'm glad Jay's the one in charge of packing the sticks!
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    jbohon said:
    Wylaff said:
    Dear Lord...
    C'mon, it's not that bad! I didn't go quite as far off the deep end as Brett!  :D
    It looks like a tie to me..
    jbohon said:
    Wylaff said:
    Dear Lord...
    And ya know Brett'll add a few more sticks, now, to break the tie...  :#
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    jbohon said:
    Wylaff said:
    Dear Lord...
    And ya know Brett'll add a few more sticks, now, to break the tie...  :#
    I think you two may have just started a war! :)
    Nope, nope... he wins.  I had to leave room for the box I want to buy.  :)

jbohon said:
    Nope, nope... he wins.  I had to leave room for the box I want to buy.  :)
    And that makes you both winners.....  Way to go....  :D
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I wont be there I would like to met a lot of you guys but happy birthday @Wylaff hope you have a good one it looks like you might have the fire depot there witth all the smokes the guys are bring lol
    HAHAHA looks like you did pretty damn well to me there Jay, cant wait to see everyone!

Brett
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gonna be a great time; watching Patrick get to where he can't talk or walk straight; smoking with the brothers and sisters; picking up some store exclusives at Fumare (sp?)... but what I'm most excited about is a chance to meet Marty @jlmarta.  I feel indebted to him as he's the reason I'm a part of this group, and generally a great person.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I really want to meet Marty too, sadly Marty said that he cant make it this trip so I doubt we will see him there unless you drive up to see him. If someone makes a day trip I would be interested in tagging along so long as that is good with everyone.