Home General Discussion
Options

Reno Herf October 2016

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the current plan, Brett.  It's on the way home for Jiunn and Chris, as well as Jay and Tara, so you, me, and Patrick are piling into Wayne's car for a sight-seeing trip on Sunday, with the main attraction being Marty and his child-bride.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where abouts does Marty live?

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding Peter, thanks for the heads up and looking forward to it! Marty is a fan of Davidoff BTW just an interesting tidbit ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
     :) 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you will find Marty exactly 50 miles from Paradise although I wouldnt be a bit surprised to find him smack dab in the middle of it
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jbohon said:
    Where abouts does Marty live?
    Barb and I live in Yuba City, Jay. I hope this means you're considering joining the group after all but if you had other plans I'll understand. 
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    you will find Marty exactly 50 miles from Paradise although I wouldnt be a bit surprised to find him smack dab in the middle of it
    I'm not sure it's exactly 50 miles - might be 51 or 52 - to the town of Paradise, CA, but I'll most certainly be in Paradise with a bunch of herfers from Reno dropping in on me. Paradise will be my patio that day....   B)
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    jlmarta said:
    dirtdude said:
    I'm not sure it's exactly 50 miles - might be 51 or 52 - to the town of Paradise, CA, but I'll most certainly be in Paradise with a bunch of herfers from Reno dropping in on me. Paradise will be my patio that day....   B)
    .......Of course, it would be understandable if you felt there was nothing left to live for after meeting me.  ;-)
     Bwahahahaha!!  You pompous poop, I might have to get one of Mike Tuccelli's dog rockets for you to smoke while you're here. I don't recall what they're called but they're nasty....   >:)
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoidian?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    It's gonna be a great time; watching Patrick get to where he can't talk or walk straight; smoking with the brothers and sisters; picking up some store exclusives at Fumare (sp?)... but what I'm most excited about is a chance to meet Marty @jlmarta.  I feel indebted to him as he's the reason I'm a part of this group, and generally a great person.
    I learned on a recent vHerf that Marty got Peter in, since Peter jumped me in as well I too feel indebted to Marty and his. Contributions to the forum and look forward to meeting him and his child bride.  
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Zoidian?
    No, even worse I think. I went looking and found them - they're called Raji's Untimely Demise. And Peter probably doesn't have any of them in his inventory....   :p

• Options
    I speak from experience.... those are wretched and should be removed from the face of the earth. I will NEVER smoke one again and Elmo will get his a@@ kicked if he shows up carrying those things near me LOL
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Peter may have them but it would take him 3 weeks to find them
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to meeting you Marty, I'm going to dig around a little and see if I can find you something good.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Looking forward to meeting you Marty, I'm going to dig around a little and see if I can find you something good.
    I'm sure anything you choose will be just lovely, Patrick, m'lad...  B)

I'm blown away by the fact that you and the rest of the crew are coming for a herf. Yowza!!
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closest the group has every been to you. You didn't think we'd let a chance like that pass us by did you?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Closest the group has every been to you. You didn't think we'd let a chance like that pass us by did you?
    Uh, oh. Do I need to hire a bodyguard?  You'll check your guns at the door, won't ya??
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Careful they don't get you with an exploding cigar seems like something these guys might do lol 
  • Options
    No, no Gurkha's. 
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    No, no Gurkha's. 

I was thinking the same thing... LOL

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Cant wait to see you and the rest of the crew Marty, will be a large time for sure :)

Brett

P.S. Only two more days woohoo!
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    Cant wait to see you and the rest of the crew Marty, will be a large time for sure :)

Brett

Whoa. Steady now...  easy, big fella. You'll have to change your underwear if you don't calm down....  :#
    LOL well its to be expected, I haven't had a vacation since December 2013 Chicago Herf.... Im a bit excited for a vacation after all this time plus its a cigar vacation which  is even better lol.
  • Options
    jlmarta said:

Brett

Whoa. Steady now...  easy, big fella. You'll have to change your underwear if you don't calm down....  :#
    no poopoo in paradise
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Well, it looks like we might not make it up after all.  Tara just isn't feeling well and I'm not going to push her to travel.  If for some reason we don't make it, I'll try to head up to Marty's place on Sunday (if that's ok with Marty of course).

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe she'll be feeling better tomorrow.  

• Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that @jbohon hope she feels better soon
  • Options
    jbohon said:
    Well, it looks like we might not make it up after all.  Tara just isn't feeling well and I'm not going to push her to travel.  If for some reason we don't make it, I'll try to head up to Marty's place on Sunday (if that's ok with Marty of course).

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe she'll be feeling better tomorrow.  
    It's most certainly okay, Jay. More important, though, is Tara Lee's health. Let's hope whatever is bothering her clears up quickly. She might even feel like coming along if she's feeling better.....
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two words, Rumple Minze!  That **** cures everything, the colder the better.  Tell Tara to take two shots, you will thank me later.  Take care of yourselves, family always comes first.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you can make it Jay, but I definitely understand family comes first.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...