• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    <3 

but you gotta admit, the pork chops were a bit over-seared
    Ha HAA!!  If you say so, my friend. Personally, we loved 'em.  :p
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a group I would say, glad you were blessed Marty, I am sure those over seared pork chops are making a helluva pile for Jiunn
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Beginning with the back of Jiunn's head and going clockwise, we see Carol (Wayne's wife), Chris (Yakster), Peter, and Barb (my child bride)

Next, Wayne and Patrick working at the grill with Brett kibitzingimage

Then Chris (Yakster) and Peterimage

This is Jiunn on the left (from the front this time), Wayne in the far background, and Bob Luken and Debbie

And lastly, FOOD. My child bride is diving into the goodies...

Carol got a lot of better pix. I'm pretty sure she'll be posting some later....  
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I wish this would have been in my cards.  Looks like a great time with some great peeps.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    lol those chops look pretty much perfect to me so I assume this was some inside joke. 
    Happy belated Birthday Wayne. looks like you guys had a blast. 
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    lol those chops look pretty much perfect to me so I assume this was some inside joke. 
    Happy belated Birthday Wayne. looks like you guys had a blast. 
    Watch it gasket face
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    <3 

but you gotta admit, the pork chops were a bit over-seared
    Must be why you went back for seconds on the chops, eh?   :D

What a great day and a nice end to a great weekend that I didn't want to end.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you all had a great time. Love the pics and what an outpouring of love from BOTLs. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that looked like a great time. Outstanding job done by all. How come I always see Peter sitting in a chair?
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Wow looks like you all had a blast and thanks @jlmarta for telling who is lol 
    Post edited by arch72 on
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Just getting caught up on this. Looks like it was a great time! What an awesome community!

Happy Birthday Wayne!
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was great to meet everyone in person.  Thank you Wayne and Marty for hosting us, I had a great time all around. And yes the chops were slightly over done.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I don't know from overdone chops, but the asparagus was perfect.
  • Options
    I don't even want to think about how much premium beer and liquor was flowing, but it was sure nice to try and share some delicious barrel aged and sour beers with y'all.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    ...... especially you Marty.  After all, you're my mentor in Oldfartsmanship.
    I seem to recall you saying you, like I, have an advanced degree in curmudgeonry which is a prime requisite in oldfartsmanship. Well done, grasshopper.....   :D
  • Options
    I have to say that I'm drinking coffee right now and not enjoying it.  I have been ruined, by Chris and Peter.  I was handed the best cup of coffee I have ever had in Wayne's house.  Peter roasted it, and Chris took his time brewing it.  I will never be the same, thank you, you two.
    Hee hee. It's insidious, the way ol' Peter works. He's a sneaky rascal who's intent on corrupting us all with that great coffee he sells to we addictees... er, uh,... addicted ones?  Well, you know what I mean... 
    ... :p
  • Options
    Yeah I can't have crap coffee anymore. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had and love peters coffee, but not like this.  It was ground to a specific level, the water was heated to a certain temp, it was hand poured through a filter, the pour was timed out as to not rush the whole process.  It was interesting to hear the why, and even more interesting to taste the drastic difference this all made on flavor.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Yeah I am spoiled that way as well.  It truly is night and day difference when you are consistent with the grind, the temp of water and the timing.  My wife looks at me a bit crazy every morning when I'm making coffee and it takes me 10 minutes and her Keurig is a minute or whatever.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    I have to say that I'm drinking coffee right now and not enjoying it.  I have been ruined, by Chris and Peter.  I was handed the best cup of coffee I have ever had in Wayne's house.  Peter roasted it, and Chris took his time brewing it.  I will never be the same, thank you, you two.
    Hee hee. It's insidious, the way ol' Peter works. He's a sneaky rascal who's intent on corrupting us all with that great coffee he sells to we addictees... er, uh,... addicted ones?  Well, you know what I mean... 
    ... :p
      I think it was all a conspiracy (it's quite possible Jay knew) to get me addicted to the finest available: from the finest coffee, rum (oh. my. gosh... that rum) and cigars, to the finest company of folks!  I already miss you all like crazy. Thank you all so much for an experience I'll never forget. It wasn't even my birthday, but I felt spoiled and loved!
     Hopefully someday Jay and I will be able to host a NorCal herf that's half the amazing experience this was! 
      Happy Birthday again Wayne! You have a lovely family (BTW, I miss your adorable wife!). 
      I'm honored to know each of you and to be a part of this community!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thread gets a 'Like'. 
    +1
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    This whole thread gets a 'Like'. 
    +1
    +1

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC