Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CtheHam said:

@TX98Z28 said:

I'll never complain about wiring again after seeing all those bundles of wires, good Lord!

I think the aircraft builders think it is funny to make all the wires white too. I makes it so easy to trace wires hand over hand.
    This is from one of the avionics compartments of the OH-58 helicopter I used to work on.

Thats a whole different animal than the car I'm restoring! I can at least see 20+ different colors in the wrapped individual bundles on mine...thats Aviation wiring is just crazy, thats takes some serious patience me and @0patience probably don't have Hahaha

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    There’s always that section of wire that’s been spliced in but not numbered...or has different numbers....and that’s the ONLY stretch in the 50 wire thick bundle you can see, but not touch.

I love my job.

They're individually numbered? If so that can help but OMG what a mess to deal with! Fvck wiring lol

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have cut the hole bigger with a Sawzall...... Probably why I'm not working on aircraft.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

We havee a machine that is computer controlled and the wiring is all white and only numbered on the ends, so when the harness takes abuse and you have t splice it all back together, you have to use an ohm meter to determine what wire are which.
    One those days, I probably walk 30 feet in each direction a thousand times.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

^'puters make life easier, lol

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

@TX98Z28 said:
    They're individually numbered? If so that can help but OMG what a mess to deal with! Fvck wiring lol

Yep... about every 6-8 inches. Usually black, but not always..

That’s AWG 18 wire. Most circuits are 20 or 22 gage. Bigger the number, smaller diameter wire.

Dime for scale. Try reading that in the middle of a wire bundle in a dark engine bay where the wiring’s been toasted.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK boss, I can see the wires. Which one's bad?

The white one.

oh

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody, I mean nobody, will guess what this concoction is. I make it every 6mos. or so, it costs me about $85.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like you mentioned this once but I cannot recall what it is

• Options

tumeric coconut oil?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fleet enima?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

i just had to replace a 3-year-old Leviton switch (5601-2ws) because of the flimsy plastic paddle connectors broke off. The paddle connectors do not stand up to gentle use. Fortunately I replaced it myself instead of having to hire an electrician like some people who don't know how to use a screwdriver.

• Options

Charlie wins. He knew what it was but the right answer was just stuck in his brain somewhere, while Edward remembered the time last year when I intended to do the CoQ10/coconut oil mix but only had Tumeric on hand (I remember Edward's tip about adding Peperine to help absorb the Tumeric.

Chris loses because toxic/impacted bowels lead to bad spelling; he needs an enema.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the winners.
    Thanks for the contest, Peter

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I thought that didn't look right but I checked with a Google search and found examples that backed up my spelling.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad y'all cleared that up. I was going to guess Electric Kool Aid Acid Test, but now I guess I'll just move on.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

You're either on the bus or off the bus.

• Options

Since my early 20's I've been a sucker for supplements; buy a bunch, spend lots of dollars, feel no different, run out, don't buy more because I'm cheap, don't feel any worse, think I should start taking them again, spend lots of dollars, feel no different... yada, yada... but some things just make sense and I take them because I think it's the right thing to do. Coenzyme Q10 is one of them.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Since my early 20's I've been a sucker for supplements; buy a bunch, spend lots of dollars, feel no different, run out, don't buy more because I'm cheap, don't feel any worse, think I should start taking them again, spend lots of dollars, feel no different... yada, yada... but some things just make sense and I take them because I think it's the right thing to do. Coenzyme Q10 is one of them.

You pick up a new sponsor?

• Options

My boss and another member of the team is out this week so I'm struggling to get anything done while covering for them and taking drive-bys.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been put in charge of bringing an old Shopko buildings hvac system up to par so a new store can lease it. This includes invoicing and quoting these repairs... Everything is 22 years and has seen better days. The building's system must be in safe working order to finalize contract. 14 roof top units including 12 exhaust fans and 1 split system. It's been a challenge to put it lightly.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd get a guote on complete replacement of a unit that old.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

They will only replace 2

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am surprised they didn't say **** it and tear the building down.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

I hear you

• Options

Drove a used 2020 2SS 10 speed today, finally! The car moves and is quick but something just doesn't feel right about it...maybe because it's missing a pedal and as far as peddle shifters...what a fvcking joke. Looking hard now for one with a TR-6060 so I can bang me some gearz!!!

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took a week’s vacation that started Thursday to get some much needed stuff done at the north 40. It started raining Thursday morning and hasn’t stopped. Can’t get anything outside done up there or at home....may as well have gone to work & saved the vacation hours....

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

So, to be fair to the dogs I've started working from the glass outdoor table on my Man Patio out back instead of from my workbench in the garage to lessen their separation anxiety when I want to smoke--they've become real wimps since I've been working from home, howling when I go upstairs to take a shower--but it's a bit warmer out here and my work laptop has developed a nasty habit of a flickering screen when it gets too warm. I've got a fan on it now which mitigates the effect somewhat, and I can turn down the display brightness, but that just makes it hard to see the monitor through all the backyard glare.

At least the dogs are happier.

I do have to drag the extra monitor in from the back yard at the end of each day, though and my Wife is sure to notice that I've taken over yet more of the house.