Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some how a small young rabbit got inside our 35ft by 30ft garden fence. I opened the gates, got a stick and went rabbit hunting. After twenty minutes of beating the vegetable bushes I jumped the little furbag and drove it out a gate. The next day the rabbit was back in the garden. Now I have to inspect the whole fence to find out how it's getting in.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, it's a secret bunny technique. We had that issue until adding 2' of chicken wire outside the existing "rabbit fencing". Yesterday one was watching me do a pre-storm harvest not 6' away. Fortunately for both of us the rabbits like to eat the drops from the peach tree.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coated the canvas covers & bimini top for the boat with waterproofing goop just to try to keep some of the rain out over the next few days. Directions said to run it through the tumble dryer to set the polymers into the canvas fibers. No way that would have worked, they weren’t gonna fit in the dryers, so out came the 750 degree heat gun. Fingers crossed it actually did some good.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Packed up the tobacco that came in, hooked up the portable air conditioner, and tried out a Truly Strawberry Lemonade Hard Seltzer Freeze Pop. It's 100 F and smoky here.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Got my Lenovo chromebook back from warranty repair, only had it 4 months. They replaced the motherboard, screen, and some interior cables.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love my two Chromebooks.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Got my Lenovo chromebook back from warranty repair, only had it 4 months. They replaced the motherboard, screen, and some interior cables.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just put your hard drive in a new laptop?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

It is a 4 month old computer, still under warranty.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant easier for them.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Backed into a tree at work this morning. Park there everyday and today didn't go well lol thats why I can't have nice things.

• Options

I hate it when stuff like that happens.

• Options

Finally had a high c orange at McDonald's since I heard they brought it back. Delicious. My daughters only eat their fries so we got fries ranch and a high c orange lol

• Options

Family's upstairs, playing the CMA Summer Jam to see how long it takes them to protest. Not sure who's going to blink first, this ain't my idea of country music.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Family's upstairs, playing the CMA Summer Jam to see how long it takes them to protest. Not sure who's going to blink first, this ain't my idea of country music.

I'm embarrassed that people who know I like country music think I like the shît they play on the radio.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny. I watched a good bit of that the other night. I'd heard of most of the people who got up on stage. I enjoyed it, but having grown up with Tennessee as "home" (we were usually somewhere else) I have to say that it seemed that "country" music has changed a lot.

I like all kinds of music. Anything that's well done, even some rap / hip-hop, which was probably where I would have placed Carrie Underwood. I guess. Or maybe hip-hop inspired teeny-bop? It all seemed a little strange.

In the truck, I'm usually on Outlaw Country on Sirius, but switch back and forth between the various country stations, Beatles, Classic Rock, Grateful Dead, Bluesville, Symphony, Tom Petty, I don't care for Pearl Jam.

I guess the thing is that "back in the day" the songs were written by people. Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, John Prine, Loretta Lynn, Guy Clark, (love Guy Clark) they wrote songs. I get the feeling that todays country music is written by committee. Gotta like Chris Stapleton, though.

I guess it's true, change is the only constant. I always question it when I change to the Garth Brooks channel, and get Bruno Mars. Bruno's ok, but not what I expected, which is ok, because what the heck, I can always change the channel.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just uploaded photos of my 2015 Accord registration, title, odometer, and my driver's license to Vroom.com. They offered me $21,500. As much as I like the car (6cyl. 6-spd, 5.6sec 0-60, nice coupe styling) I think it would be dumb to pass up on the offer. The computer chip shortage and its resulting unavailability of new cars has turned the used car market on its head. (I would love to hear what Glenn @MrShrek has to say about all this). A year ago my car would've sold for $16K on a good day, and here, a year older it's gonna sell for $5K+ over that.

I like to break down the expense of a car into 'cost of ownership per month', that's just the price paid plus maintenance/repairs divided by months driven. Insurance, interest, etc, that's not part of it. This car cost me $113 per month. Not too shabby. If I'd have sold it a year ago for $16K, the per month cost would've been $222.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I just uploaded photos of my 2015 Accord registration, title, odometer, and my driver's license to Vroom.com. They offered me $21,500. As much as I like the car (6cyl. 6-spd, 5.6sec 0-60, nice coupe styling) I think it would be dumb to pass up on the offer. The computer chip shortage and its resulting unavailability of new cars has turned the used car market on its head. (I would love to hear what Glenn @MrShrek has to say about all this). A year ago my car would've sold for $16K on a good day, and here, a year older it's gonna sell for $5K+ over that.

I like to break down the expense of a car into 'cost of ownership per month', that's just the price paid plus maintenance/repairs divided by months driven. Insurance, interest, etc, that's not part of it. This car cost me $113 per month. Not too shabby. If I'd have sold it a year ago for $16K, the per month cost would've been $222.

Sell high and buy that Golf R in a manual, Ima have to wait 3-6months to get my Camaro, in the process of ordering finally. You can wait too, if you have to can always lease something for a couple months and still make a profit.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    (I would love to hear what Glenn @MrShrek has to say about all this).

It is an insane market right now. I know our dealership is still offering top dollar for purchasing vehicles from private owners. You hit the nail on the head for the root cause of all of this. If I were you I'd take the money and run.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ I’ll concur with that. Check edmunds.com true cost to own... that’ll break things down for you.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Rust never sleeps. Neither do reports. I'll be glad when we get these automated.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m booked for Vegas in October and Florida in January.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Just quoted fixing a 30 year old geo thermal unit. Honestly it's a clean unit for age but how long is the fix going to last $3500 will buy you how much time? That's the gamble maybe a month maybe 5 more years

• Options

Need to defrost some bread to make sandwiches this week, though I'm starting to think I want a hotdog today. I really wish I hadn't run out of mustard.