Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

I broke a sandal strap right when my daughter and her boyfriend were coming over for dinner. After dinner we set up the projector to watch a movie and I stepped in dog 💩 with the broken sandal, I guess so sandals are done.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    But she actually came home with her nipples pierced ..........

Explains the look you had when you saw it...........

@Jrflickster said:

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

As expected I woke to another couple inches of snow and no power. Not uncommon. Have to cut a few dozen trees that are bowed over the lane before I can get anywhere today.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

spending way too much time watching the bear-cam. The bears are winning but how they can eat an entire salmon, bones, skin, head and all is difficult to stomach, lol.

• Options
    BrokegunnerBrokegunner Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saturday night our master bath tub faucet blew out the cartridge so we have hot water filling the tub with no way to shut it off except turning all water off to the house.
    It's now Tuesday morning and waiting on the plumber at noon. Living without running water is a major PITA.

"Not all heroes eat crepes"

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are actually discussions about what qualifies as a sandwich and what condiments are sufficient to use 😂

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@Brokegunner said:
    Saturday night our master bath tub faucet blew out the cartridge so we have hot water filling the tub with no way to shut it off except turning all water off to the house.
    It's now Tuesday morning and waiting on the plumber at noon. Living without running water is a major PITA.

Most water heaters have their own shutoffs. If that is true for you, then you could have at least cold water to the rest of the house. Just keep in mind you may need to turn off the heater if it gets low water level in the tank. Don't want to burn it up.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I work on rv furnaces now too

• Options
    edited October 2021

@CtheHam said:

@Brokegunner said:

Most water heaters have their own shutoffs. If that is true for you, then you could have at least cold water to the rest of the house. Just keep in mind you may need to turn off the heater if it gets low water level in the tank. Don't want to burn it up.

Along as there is a shutoff on the cold water input side to the water heater you shouldn't have to worry about it getting low. The pressure from the well pump or city input is what moves the water through the tank and if you don't have a shutoff on the cold water input to water heater you need to figure out who installed it and kick them in the balls
    But after more thought if it's electric as @CtheHam said might as well shut off the breaker no sense heating water you can't use anyway

• Options
    BrokegunnerBrokegunner Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CtheHam said:

@Brokegunner said:

Unfortunately it's more trouble to access the water heater than it is to just shut all the water off. We have a tankless WH in the attic, and the access is through the laundry room ceiling, so I have to bring in a ladder and climb up through a ceiling panel.

Plumber came by today and had no magic fix for the tub valves so he grabbed his vibrator and buzzed an access hole in the sheetrock opposite the backside of the tub. The piping is like PEX tubing so he cut both of them and pushed on some sharkbite caps as a temporary fix. I have replacement cartridges coming from pFister so I guess when the parts come in we might gain a clue on how to install them. At least I will have a shutoff now.

Also having to deal with this forced me to notice I never fixed a fan mounted wall switch, so I finally got that fixed and forced the wife to come all the way in there just to flip the switch but didn't get much fanfare :/

"Not all heroes eat crepes"

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brokegunner said:

@CtheHam said:

@Brokegunner said:

Plumber came by today and had no magic fix for the tub valves so he grabbed his vibrator and buzzed an access hole in the sheetrock opposite the backside of the tub. The piping is like PEX tubing so he cut both of them and pushed on some sharkbite caps as a temporary fix. I have replacement cartridges coming from pFister so I guess when the parts come in we might gain a clue on how to install them. At least I will have a shutoff now.

Also having to deal with this forced me to notice I never fixed a fan mounted wall switch, so I finally got that fixed and forced the wife to come all the way in there just to flip the switch but didn't get much fanfare :/

Should have told her about the plumber's vibrator that cuts holes through walls, that should get a rise.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed spark plugs, cleaned air filter and maf sensor.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    Changed spark plugs, cleaned air filter and maf sensor.

Sounds like owning an 89 Mustang.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fasting lab tests, breakfast, coffee, eye exam, groceries, lunch, after lunch there will be tobacco.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter’s college stuff (forms, applications, essays, financial aid) makes me want a drink. I think they’ll want a blood sample next.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got out of a nice, warm bed and went to the bad place where dreams go to die. Work.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Septic backed up this morning after 2 showers morning load of laundry and God only knows how many flushes of the toilet. Was informed my drain field was failing which I have suspected quietly as to not get wife worked up. So now do I just go all out and replace the whole sh>t or just drain field. My tank is concrete so in theory it's fine but it's small

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re gonna have to replace the tank at some point, my recommendation is do them both at once. It’s a huge bill but it’ll save you a ton of headaches.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

I'm leaning that way

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    I'm leaning that way

Especially if you refuse to let mama alone and keep pumpin' out those kids. :-)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis