Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

So just looked up our departure times for Florida this Saturday and there's a warning show up early blah blah and we are requiring negative covid tests wtf. Call them to get details because there are 11 of us flying out in 2 days. The guy said oh its fine that's only for international flights and LAX fücking california.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ I hope the staffers at the airports, going and returning, tell you the same thing.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jim I just flew last month. Domestic it’s not required

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replaced the faucet for the kitchen sink. What genius attaches the supply lines in the faucet assembly with slip fittings and o-rings? Makes it a tad difficult to tighten the supply lines from the shutoffs.....

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

No phone, no text and no cable tv. What is this? The dark ages? At least I still have internet.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

My tinnitus has been getting worse lately then last night in the dark I noticed some strange visual apparitions. First I saw some strobing then I noticed a field of white dots like looking at starts across my field of view. Could be Visual Snow Syndrome, a rare condition that's associated with tinnitus.

https://youtu.be/AQ6n_zMUeVQ

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@silvermouse said:
    Lost power and some big trees. Still raging wind but managed to get one of the trees cut up.

More firewood to cut!
    Glad everything is ok other than more work to do

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Got my port removed.

That's outstanding, Nick. I hope that's all behind you and that you never need another one.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:

@deadman said:
    Got my port removed.

That's outstanding, Nick. I hope that's all behind you and that you never need another one.

Thanks Peter.
    You and me both.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shuffling the honda generator between the fish tank, two refrigerators, the sump pump, and a deep freeze.Excellent machine. 2000 watts, runs for 8 hours between refills. Life is good.

• Options

Day 2 of no power smoking a Little Devil from @cbuck while tending the generator. Thsnks, Charles.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Enjoy Edward! I have one of those out for later! Now a E and J Fresh Rolled! Also excellent!

That's what an ice cream maker does in the winter when not vacationing in Florida. Great career choice Charlie.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Here's the symptom aggravators for VSS / Tinnitus

1. Stress ✔️
    2. Lack of sleep ✔️
    3. Cold/flu
    4. Alcohol ✔️
    5. Caffeine ✔️
    6. Too much sodium
    7. Too much sugar

I picked up some sleep, skipped having any alcohol (or tobacco) yesterday, and did another wax removal treatment on my left ear (which was ringing the loudest and keeping me up), and the tinnitus is barely noticeable now. The VSS only appeared twice, once a the height of the tinnitus the other night and just a flash of a star field when I flicked on the lights.

The catch 22 is that lack of sleep makes it worse, but tinnitus makes it hard for me to sleep.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn’t the lack of tobacco raise your stress level?

• Options
    edited October 2021

Anybody have any ideas/insight for where to find used or discounted downhill ski stuff? One of the boys is joining ski team... I have done some searching but figured someone might have a good idea.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

play it again sports. Not sure if you have them in your area.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steepandcheap.com may be a good place to look. I use them for alot of outdoor gear

• Options

Thrift stores in towns near snow.

• Options

bulletin board at school

• Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    play it again sports. Not sure if you have them in your area.

That was my best guess also got one a hour away so next weekend will hit that and Sam's club