Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

I light my fire pit by dipping dryer lint in Vaseline and sticking it to Fat Wood kindling and lighting it. It's cheating, I know, but wicked fast.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lighting a fire is lighting a fire...easier the better. Nobody says it has to be hard. Keep cheating.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Sad day in middle-of-nowhere Iowa. There's a 7 mile stretch of highway on my 15 mile commute to work, where I've never once seen a police car checking for speeders. Today, I saw 2 different cars pulled over in 2 separate spots on that 7 mile stretch. No more speeding to and from work.

They're just testing stubbornness.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I light my fire pit by dipping dryer lint in Vaseline and sticking it to Fat Wood kindling and lighting it. It's cheating, I know, but wicked fast.

Chris is ready for the zombie onslaught....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dryer lint & vaseline are staples in my "oh crap" kits.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

He told them his left eye is his lazy eye 😂😂🤣 and he said I don't think they believed me 🤭

I sware to God wtf

Probably the best part of my last name right there lol

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never had an egg roll that didn't taste freezer burned. Jealous.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

I fell a tree that was leaning towards the road (liability). Tree is a good medium sized Water Oak. Took her out and hauled away everything to his ranch in 2 1/2 hours. Thank God its not Summer!

Tree cut up was 2 stuffed 20ft. trailer loads! Much bigger than she looks! Will recount rings tomorrow but it's 22 years old minimum.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

caught two mice last night, coming in now that the temperature has dropped into the 30s.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cooking a 12 pound turkey today. The first time I've ever cooked a whole bird. Stuffed with Bell's stuffing with onions and celery added. Going to in-laws for dinner tomorrow so this'll give me leftovers for the week.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

I have to cut up some more scrap myself burns hot and fast keeps me warm in the garage when I'm smoking

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got the very unexpected news the Camaro is 4200 Status (Vehicle Shipped)! I’m freaking out as it’s so post to be here the 28th!!! Gonna hammer that garage stuff to the storage unit now!!!! Was so post to be early/mid December with the plant shutdown delay 😬

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

That's great, Christmas came early!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be peeing your pants... lots of luck getting to sleep for a couple of weeks.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@Jrflickster said:

He told them his left eye is his lazy eye 😂😂🤣 and he said I don't think they believed me 🤭

I sware to God wtf

You should ask Valerie to be a little more careful writing your last name.

I thought the same thing!

So, we had nine guests yesterday and opted to use regular plates, cups, and silverware so I'm looking forward to getting everything cleaned up so I can have an HVC Black Friday cigar later.

I had to do dishes at 2 house. My grandma wouldn't drive so we made a full meal and brought it there. Did her dishes before we left and got home and wife made it very clear I was to clean up at home because she cooked it all..allll daaay so the least I could do was blah blah you know..

It was all made worse by my chapped, cracked hands which are on fire due to washing and I think a reaction to one of the hand soaps in the house. Dishes done, we'll see if I catch hell for not wiping down the counters, I'm having a Black Friday!

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Wouldn’t it have been more efficient to go get Grandma and bring her to dinner? I know gas is spendy and there would have been an extra round trip involved, but you coulda used “i gotta take Grandma home” to avoid the washing up, Not to mention taking the long way home to enjoy a post prandial cigar. Worthwhile trade, methinks…. 😂😂😂

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

@Jrflickster said:
    I had to do dishes at 2 house. My grandma wouldn't drive so we made a full meal and brought it there. Did her dishes before we left and got home and wife made it very clear I was to clean up at home because she cooked it all..allll daaay so the least I could do was blah blah you know..

Hopefully you scored some points there, Jim.

Finished the dishes and enjoying a HVC Black Friday, but the Wife is telling me that they're ready to go to Santa Cruz on a Monarch Butterfly expedition and how long does a cigar take to smoke anyway. Sheesh, she's harshing my enjoyment of this great cigar.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell her you'll be more than happy to finish it in the car.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis