Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    It was all made worse by my chapped, cracked hands which are on fire due to washing and I think a reaction to one of the hand soaps in the house. Dishes done, we'll see if I catch hell for not wiping down the counters, I'm having a Black Friday!

Works miracles

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife is asking for white elephant gift ideas for a girls night in... I told her she couldn't go wrong with something she has left from when she sold sex toys. She thinks you guys may have better ideas I told her I doubt that but I figured I'd ask lol

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    My wife is asking for white elephant gift ideas for a girls night in... I told her she couldn't go wrong with something she has left from when she sold sex toys. She thinks you guys may have better ideas I told her I doubt that but I figured I'd ask lol

We'd have to see samples

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

The reasons why you have so many kids keep piling up. You are also correct your idea is way better than anything we would come up with.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's being referred to as the white elephant? Does she have some big friends?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Who's being referred to as the white elephant? Does she have some big friends?

I don’t think you’re allowed to call them that anymore

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the Christmas lights up today but broke my Leatherman, about to find out how fun this warranty process is.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I break hardened jaw wire cutters about once a year just from cutting 10 ga. sterling and gold wire. The carbon steel becomes brittle with work-hardening. Maybe the same with stainless steel.

I broke cleins once cutting the self tapping tips off screws. Got 3 of the 4 done before it gave on the fourth.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

Binge watching the fireplace channel.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plugged in the VCR this morning, extracted the tape that was left inside which was a recording of the kids singing R. Kelly's I Believe You Can Fly at Great America years ago that's now broken (will have to see if we can get it fixed) and tested the VCR to make sure that it wouldn't eat any more tapes today by putting in Siegfried and Roy at the Mirage; the one tape I could see sacrificing to the VCR.

This was all in preparation for screening The Nightmare Before Christmas which we have on VHS but not on DVD and which I couldn't find covered under any of the subscription streaming services I pay monthly for.

What a strange experience to change the channel selection to analog coaxial cable input and see snow on the TV before putting the tape in. Also strange to see movie trailers from 1994 before the movie played.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

VHS? Everybody knows Beta is the wave of the future.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beta is passe….I’m backing Laserdisc.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
    edited November 2021

My kid's been bringing home vinyl from Grandma's house and one of them turned out to be a LaserDisc. Sadly, I'd given away my LD player years ago to a teacher.

I'm starting to notice all the old classic movies I want to watch aren't available for free and it's getting old.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hollyweird hasn’t had an original idea in half a century… Those classics have all been remade now and , IMHO, because they’ve been made “better”, the originals have all vanished into the dustbin of eternity. Pity.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

Ain't nothing new under the sun. Some of those "classics" can't stand re-watching, like Soylent Green. I guess I blocked out how slow the pacing of this movie was and over-hyped the "surprise" twist.

Breaker tripped when I started roasting coffee today, knocked my pipe off the counter in the confusion, then reset the breaker, dumped the beans, and started the pre-heat cycle again. They smell fine, it tripped in the first 30 seconds so it should be fine.

No icicle lights yet but getting there

• VisionVision Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Beta is passe….I’m backing Laserdisc.

Pfft… If I were you, I would be putting all my money on HD-DVD. LASER disk…. That’ll never last.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Cleaning up the cottage before the cleaners arrive.

That’s the fear of the wife and mine. We would clean up before the cleaners got here.

Just picked out the Christmas tree

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Camaro arrived and it's already been damaged in multiple areas...and of course the paint has swirls and scratches all over it, as expected.

Dealer says the bills on me for the Rear Diffuser I won't even say what I said to them about that... I am about to pick it up today and rip this Sales Manager who has a huge attitude problem and zero customer service through the fvcking ground!!!

Here's the battered girl the first time I seen it, REAL clean...

Rear Stain Black Diffuser Gouged...

RH Rear Bumper

This is just the tip of the iceberg, won't even get into the the Wickerbill they drilled into the rear spoiler installed over 1/16"s off or the LH RH rear spoiler they glued on uneven and half @ssed...

Any recommendations how to resolve this without legal action is welcome, they won't work with me. They offered to pay 2/3 of the new rear diffuser and then want me to cover $1400 in labor! These people are sick!

You don't blow over 60 on a rare ordered Camaro and get damaged, half @ssesd work, and no customer service. This situation is legally and morally wrong and I'll make it right one way or another.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's unacceptable

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain