Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    I’m sicker than a damn dog! Either another round of Covid or a nasty flu, woke up like this, was fine yesterday except for the runs… See a doc on the computer in a couple hours. Oh Merry Christmas

I like a guy that's not a quitter...

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven’t been eating prepackaged salad have you??

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just get in that Camaro, floor it, and leave all your troubles behind.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doctor person said based on my symptoms it probably the flu…it’s Christmas Eve so everything is closed or out of testing kits so I have no idea what I got…She said just ride it out and go to hospital if gets worse or can’t breathe…well gee no $hit!!! Waste of money

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

You pay for online doc?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I did, what a waste of money

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    Doctor person said based on my symptoms it probably the flu…it’s Christmas Eve so everything is closed or out of testing kits so I have no idea what I got…She said just ride it out and go to hospital if gets worse or can’t breathe…well gee no $hit!!! Waste of money

You know, every time I leave a doctor's office I do so thinking "what a waste of time and money." I am a healthy guy, I workout, stay active, eat pretty good, drink just the right amount of scotch and only smoke 5-6 cigars a week. From now on if I'm not feeling downright horrible I'm not making a doctor appointment.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got a beef tip roast started in the slow cooker with some potatoes and carrots, hopefully it will be yummy.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a ham baking, prepping the spuds for roasting when the ham finishes, gassed up the snowblower…weather guessers are hollering about 20 inches thru tomoro morning. We’ve gotten 3 since I called it a night last night..

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

Beaver are becoming a nuisance again. Time for a new hat.

Stop by my place, you can be the hatter for your whole village.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Good! I am a believer in if you kill it you have to use it. The crows love the mice I trap. What does beaver taste like ( no wisecracks from the peanut gallery please)

I would assume very fatty and taste like whatever tree their chewing on.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Good! I am a believer in if you kill it you have to use it. The crows love the mice I trap. What does beaver taste like ( no wisecracks from the peanut gallery please)

They’re very similar to groundhog if you have had it...but more of a musty taste. Meat is stringy, can be strong. Not very well suited for consumption in my opinion. But I also believe in using whatever you take.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Rdp77 said:

Beaver are becoming a nuisance again. Time for a new hat.

Stop by my place, you can be the hatter for your whole village.

I have plenty lol. I don’t mind them keeping brush and small trees in check at all. But once they’ve multiplied so much they get a little too busy and block the creeks completely and that can cause problems.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@silvermouse said:

They’re very similar to groundhog if you have had it...but more of a musty taste. Meat is stringy, can be strong. Not very well suited for consumption in my opinion. But I also believe in using whatever you take.

I've had more than my share of woodchuck, used to get 10-15 of them in my garden every year when I lived on the edge of the saltmarsh.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foot of fresh snow since yesterday morning, still pouring down. Today will be a full day of running the blower. My drive, 3 neighbor’s drives (they’re out of town or at work), our road to the paved one, then it’s over to Katie’s to clear her drive & road….

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

On Netflix: The American Barbecue Showdown, Season 1-Episode 5. One contestant has to cook a beaver.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Foot of fresh snow since yesterday morning, still pouring down. Today will be a full day of running the blower. My drive, 3 neighbor’s drives (they’re out of town or at work), our road to the paved one, then it’s over to Katie’s to clear her drive & road….

You get to have the most fun.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp. Was going to happen eventually. 10 days away from general public.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it is a mild viral adventure for you Peter.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Hope it is a mild viral adventure for you Peter.

So far just body aches