Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coworker who sits next to me got Covid, so I'm working from home. If I get it and lose taste, I'm going on a diet, because why not. I wonder what the healthiest and cheapest way to eat for a week would be. Beans and chicken every meal? No reason to pay for food I wouldn't be able to taste.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Coworker who sits next to me got Covid, so I'm working from home. If I get it and lose taste, I'm going on a diet, because why not. I wonder what the healthiest and cheapest way to eat for a week would be. Beans and chicken every meal? No reason to pay for food I wouldn't be able to taste.

Tuna.

• Options

@Vision said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

Tuna.

The canned stuff? With all the mercury and salt? I'm now trying to imagine the grosest healthy meal possible. It would definitely combine tomatoes, lentils, oranges, and limes somehow. Maybe some quinoa since that's just nasty as it is. If I get COVID, something like that is definitely going in the dinner thread just for fun.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Vision said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

Tuna.

The canned stuff? With all the mercury and salt? I'm now trying to imagine the grosest healthy meal possible. It would definitely combine tomatoes, lentils, oranges, and limes somehow. Maybe some quinoa since that's just nasty as it is. If I get COVID, something like that is definitely going in the dinner thread just for fun.

Safe catch and others have very very low mercury

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mercury is good for you. It'll put hair on your chest. :)

If you want cheap and tasteless, ramen noodles.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Opened up and cleaned out our raised bed of Chard and Radicchio. Still have beds of Collards and Kale keeping nicely.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Opened up and cleaned out our raised bed of Chard and Radicchio. Still have beds of Collards and Kale keeping nicely.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you want cheap or do you want healthy? I'm confused. If you want cheap, a 5 lb bag of potatoes should feed you for a week. 5.69 at the local grocery store here

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Do you want cheap or do you want healthy? I'm confused. If you want cheap, a 5 lb bag of potatoes should feed you for a week. 5.69 at the local grocery store here

Ideally it would be both, because what's the point of eating unhealthy or expensive food when you can't taste it. I was mostly just brainstorming out loud, something I normally try not to do.

• Options

Buy a whole turkey. 20 cents a pound this time of year. Added bonus: it'll make you sleepy.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did a 10lb 7oz turkey on the smoker and ended up with 3lbs 10oz of actual meat so with Frank's math I paid .725 cents/lb worth it

• Options

@MrShrek @TX98Z28
    So I just got done with the bank I went there to ask how I get a loan on truck I want built since there is no truck to actually get a loan on until it's built.
    Basically they say all they can do is pre-approval for the loan but there is no way to lock in a rate and finalize the loan until I have a Vin #. It Just seems so weird to me that I can't get a loan without the truck. I mean I get it to a point but why can't I get a loan they hold the money until the truck comes in and in the mean time I make payments on the loan like I actually have the truck.
    The bank basically said we get what you are saying it's just these are weird times we have never had to deal with 4,6,8 month waits before so we've never had to think about doing loans like that.
    Any insight or suggestions, I mean I guess pre-approval and I'll just put money away monthly until it comes in then I'll have a bigger down payment I just hate that I have no idea what interest rates will be whenever truck comes in just wish I could have a actual plan...

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    @MrShrek @TX98Z28
    So I just got done with the bank I went there to ask how I get a loan on truck I want built since there is no truck to actually get a loan on until it's built.
    Basically they say all they can do is pre-approval for the loan but there is no way to lock in a rate and finalize the loan until I have a Vin #. It Just seems so weird to me that I can't get a loan without the truck. I mean I get it to a point but why can't I get a loan they hold the money until the truck comes in and in the mean time I make payments on the loan like I actually have the truck.
    The bank basically said we get what you are saying it's just these are weird times we have never had to deal with 4,6,8 month waits before so we've never had to think about doing loans like that.
    Any insight or suggestions, I mean I guess pre-approval and I'll just put money away monthly until it comes in then I'll have a bigger down payment I just hate that I have no idea what interest rates will be whenever truck comes in just wish I could have a actual plan...

If you own your own home and have paid a sizable portion of the home loan down, then it might make sense to use a line of credit to buy your truck. At my bank the interest rate on that would be about 5%.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Right now auto loans are about half that that's my point in I wish I could figure out a way to lock it in

• Options

Signature loan?

• Options

Up around 8% maybe worse if they'd even do it for that much. I'm guessing my best bet is gamble rates won't sky rocker by then and worse case scenario back out

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, just wait until the chip shortage is sorted out and there's enough inventory to find what you want and if you're lucky, find a few incentives to sweeten the deal.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best way to buy a vehicle is cash. If you absolutely need a loan, look at borrowing off a 401K if you’re going to be working a long while yet and yours will let you. Automatic payments & usually a fairly low interest rate. Figure out what the thing’s gonna cost out the door, use an amortization app to figure payments, put that amount away until the thing’s delivered to bump your down payment as big as you can. Forget anything from the dealership on the back end…it’s overpriced and does little but line the F&I guy’s pocket. (I was one) GET THE GAP INSURANCE YOURSELF! @peter4jc has it nailed. Hold off until they dump all those brand new 2021’s onto the market for pennies on the dollar.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

I got a raise! The COLA on my SS amounts to $91/mo, or $1,092 per year.

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that after the increase in Medicare?

• Options

@cbuck said:
    Is that after the increase in Medicare?

Yes. I went by the amount deposited in my bank account, which is after the Medicare premium is taken out.

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool! I don't get mine until the 15! Just started in November!

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster While I haven’t had to deal with any of this as I work for a strictly preowned lot, I could see why the bank wouldn’t want to lock you in at the current low rates we are seeing for auto loans. I’m sure they are hoping that by the time your vehicle is ready and you can produce a vin # that rates will have increased in turn of course raising their profit margin.

• Options

Got this idea from @ShawnOL in a different thread a while ago. I think it was recycling related. No more fishing around for that one screw that’s the right size.

• Options

And you can make sweet music

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a great idea? I wish my wife was still around to see it. 😃

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.