Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Herf Dog looks and feels a lot better.

Sold a boat.

Good progress on the honeydew list this weekend.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my corvette running again. Seems it was sabotaged. Pulled 5 gallons of water out of the fuel tank. 
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my corvette running again. Seems it was sabotaged. Pulled 5 gallons of water out of the fuel tank. 
    That ain't good.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    That ain't good.
    It was a relatively easy fix once we made the diagnosis. But now I will be installing a locking gas cap to prevent it happening again
  • Options
    Ouch!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got  my quarterly haircut
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got  my quarterly haircut
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to run into that same issue with mine.  They'd get vandalized, brake lines would get cut, had the convertible top on one cut a couple times.   Worst was the SOB  ( I know the guy ) who took a baseball bat to my 68.  39 years ago and I'm still llooking for his sorry azz.   I love the things but just quit buying them for this very reason.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy **** tailoring a suit is way more expensive than I thought it was. 
  • Options
    I was dirt poor when I got married, the local thrift store was having a bag sale, everything that would fit in a paper bag for $2. Got a perfect-fitting 3 piece suit and some shirts. 
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was dirt poor when I got married, the local thrift store was having a bag sale, everything that would fit in a paper bag for $2. Got a perfect-fitting 3 piece suit and some shirts. 
    Yeah I haven't bought new clothes aside from shoes, underwear, or socks in years. Even if I had serious money I wouldn't bother, there's some very high quality stuff in some of the stores. Especially if I plan ahead so that I get my jeans and warm clothes in April/May when everyone gives them away and my shorts in October/November. 
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy **** tailoring a suit is way more expensive than I thought it was. 
    Korea or the Phillippines....    take a vacation
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Bought a drill press vice, c clamps and forstner bits for my wife and daughter to use to drill holes in tennis balls to put on the feet of the chairs in my wife's classroom.
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Bought a drill press vice, c clamps and forstner bits for my wife and daughter to use to drill holes in tennis balls to put on the feet of the chairs in my wife's classroom.
    might go quicker holding the tennis balls in these, or maybe not.

• Options
    Used to run into that same issue with mine.  They'd get vandalized, brake lines would get cut, had the convertible top on one cut a couple times.   Worst was the SOB  ( I know the guy ) who took a baseball bat to my 68.  39 years ago and I'm still llooking for his sorry azz.   I love the things but just quit buying them for this very reason.
    Not sure if it was punk neighborhood kids or the vindictive ex. She always hated that car. More specifically she hated that I wouldn't let her drive it. But with her history of running into things, and lack of respect for horsepower to weight ratio, I wasn't taking any chances.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a lieutenant in my unit in Germany who bought a beautiful brand new 'Vette in 1987.  Metal-flake Blue, I don't know what Chevy called the color, but it was lovely to behold.  Some azzhole keyed all down the left side of it, I had a strong suspicion about who did it, but no proof, sadly.  A couple of the guys in his platoon helped him buff it out, mostly. 
    It was heartbreaking to see the expression on his face when it happened.  I never understood it, especially since he was a pretty good lieutenant.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went over to the bum and camel toe thread and checked them out............ again 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Usaf06 said:
    Went over to the bum and camel toe thread and checked them out............ again 
    Me too but just to see if I was still offended!
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    We too but just to see if I was still offended!
    me too..................hmmmm?...............hmmmm?.............nope!  Still good.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Moonlight paddle followed by Sonic Drive-In
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trimmed off most of a beard that I've been growing out for nearly a year. I feel weird. 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trimmed off most of a beard that I've been growing out for nearly a year. I feel weird. 
    You are wierd brother but we love ya.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    This news has me wondering when you'll be on the Vthang so I can see what you did.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    dirtdude said:
    This news has me wondering when you'll be on the Vthang so I can see what you did.
    It'll look better in a couple months. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    You should shave it into an apostrophe or a comma, (looks full from one side, goatee from the other) asymmetric facial hair is really polarizing and provokes strong reactions. A good conversation starter.
  • Options
    Failed to get on the vHerf last night because I feel asleep in front of the TV at around 9.

It's been a long week.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rained so hard one night the tarp over the dog’s kennel collected water and caved in. Other than maybe PTSD he is ok. Building him a 25 x 100 area today. 

The wife is helping so this should be fun.