Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    deadman said:
    NorCalR1 said:
    Lost my keys and then found them 
    Then lost them again
    I’m sure there is some truth to that statement it will happen again 
    Reminded me of the days when the kids were little and would hide the wife’s keys
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed breakfast

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster,  is that an authentic mid-70's McD's mug???    
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
    Yes, Fire King milk glass, my Wife really likes them, I usually prefer my Corelle cups.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gained 9 lbs on my Colorado trip
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    harvested lavender and boysenberries.
    What do you do with the lavender? 

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dry it and put in a cloth bag, leave it under the pillows. Calming and helps with insomnia.
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-838/lavender
    Nice. I have soaps and shave creams in that scent.

Fixed breakfast again

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I won the Spanish Mega-Millions lottery again. 

Last time was a few months ago for 2.3 Million Dollars.  This time I won 4.5 million dollars.  All I have to do is call and give them all my bank info and routing numbers and pay for the transfer up front and they'll send me the money. 

Right away!  Oh, and I'm not supposed to tell anyone.  

I don't know how I keep winning this thing when I've never bought a ticket.   :D

How do they stay in business?  I guess I'll just let them keep the money again.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Volunteering all week at a disc golf major.  Amateur World championship.

I met 4-time pro world-champion Paul McBeth last night. 

I've also waded through a tick-infested wetland-area to find a dozen discs for people who can't throw straight.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Fixed a brisket omelet for lunch.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Sliced an apple and ate it with chunky peanut butter 

Yakster said:
    Sliced an apple and ate it with chunky peanut butter 
    What kind of apple?
    edited July 2019
    A red one that I got free from my office last Wednesday (bagel and fruit day) and saved.

edited July 2019
    Like this one? @Yakster

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a few hairs cut
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Like this one? @Yakster

Turn it around... 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some good watermelon for breakfast. It was red on the inside, no seeds.
    Waiting for my turn in the 🚿 shower.

Going to get ☕ coffee this morning.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting in the ER with Dawn. Been here for 2 hours and all they did was a chest x-ray  and drew some blood.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Doug, praying for you and Dawn.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Chris, Dawn got a spider bite on her arm the beginning of July and went to the ER then and they wanted to admit her for 3 days but my knee surgery was 2 days later and I couldn't reschedule it. This idiotic doctor today came in and looked at it and said he was sending her home with an antibiotic and a topical for the itch. 5 hours later I finally got a hold of him and asked what's the story. He says he was going to admit her. That was the first thing I asked him if he was admitting her and he said no. So we wasted basically 5 hours for nothing. Then they told us if there's no change she needs to come back and get admitted. How are some of these quacks able to practice? I may be on the I am drunk thread later.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Worked late, got coffee.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Thanks Chris, Dawn got a spider bite on her arm the beginning of July and went to the ER then and they wanted to admit her for 3 days but my knee surgery was 2 days later and I couldn't reschedule it. This idiotic doctor today came in and looked at it and said he was sending her home with an antibiotic and a topical for the itch. 5 hours later I finally got a hold of him and asked what's the story. He says he was going to admit her. That was the first thing I asked him if he was admitting her and he said no. So we wasted basically 5 hours for nothing. Then they told us if there's no change she needs to come back and get admitted. How are some of these quacks able to practice? I may be on the I am drunk thread later.

I have noticed since I have been in TN that doctors are not like they use to be. I get better and more thorough attention from a physician's assistant then I do any doctor. In and out is the norm for a doctor here.
    Even the EM room is a very iffy idea. It is better for us to travel a lot farther to an EM room then to take a chance at the closest one. It seems all they want to know is if you have insurance or not. The nurses are a joke and spend more time drinking coffee then they do helping people.