Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    The only heat in the entire building at work is a 10" space heater in my office. The rest of the building is 34f. Brrrrr.

So working in a freezer is not allowed but they crank it up 2 degrees and basically being in a refrigerator is allowed,,,Hahaha that sucks man!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @IndustMech !

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

um, I think it is larger than that--stupid humans is closer to the truth.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reset the "change oil light"

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Washed the dogs this morning. Poor timing, my Amazon Fresh order was delivered while I was finishing the first one but my kinfolk took care of that.

Washing my heavy winter coat and jean jacket that I wear on the Man Patio to keep me warm while I smoke tobacco. They were smoky and could stand up on their own.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Put a box of snacks, sodas, and afew cigars outside for ups&fedex drivers.

I do parcel delivery... put the good stuff off I’ll be right there!

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had my pre-op Covid test this morning, and a 20min phone call this afternoon to "inform" me of everything I "need to know" before Wed. and ask me all the questions that are the same damn question they've asked at the four different pre-op appointments I went to last week. SHEESH! Went for a 25min. walk, now it's a little recliner time, and then boxing 65# of green coffee and printing out labels for what will most likely be the final roasting day tomorrow for a couple of weeks.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Good to have something to do while you wait for Wednesday. Be nice to the nurses and aides.

That's something I'm looking forward to, interacting with the nurses and aides, getting on their good side so they like taking care of me.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curmudgeons? Being nice to pretty young nurses? I think I must’ve missed something in that story.... 🤔🤔🤣

• Options

changed the cr2032 battery in my car's key fob after I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get into the thing.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    changed the cr2032 battery in my car's key fob after I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get into the thing.

Been through that a couple times. "I know this thing opens, I've done it before. How in the heck did I do it?"

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@silvermouse said:
    Good to have something to do while you wait for Wednesday. Be nice to the nurses and aides.

That's something I'm looking forward to, interacting with the nurses and aides, getting on their good side so they like taking care of me.

We will be praying for a speedy recovery.

• Options

ordering pick-up sushi for dinner

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    ordering pick-up sushi for dinner

You prefer Ford pickup or Chevy? 🤣🤣🤣

• Options

Ah, so. You right. This smartazz stands corrected... 😊😊

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Moved my monitors around on my desk

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put some heavy twine in a can of water to soak. Tomorrow will stretch and wrap a long bow handle with it. When it shrinks and drys on the bow I will coat the handle with waterproof wood glue.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guy I used to work with called and asked if I was interested in a job outside Fort Worth. I told him money talks. We’ll see what they come back with.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't grass fed beef plant based?

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Just the existence of plant based meats pisses me off. I don't know why.

Right!! Plants have feelings too!!!!!

• Options

Spent yesterday getting the sand & mud off of and out of the Learjet only to have them fly it. Spent all morning doing it again. And it's off to the great sandpit that is the Anchorage ramp. I love my job....

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Just the existence of plant based meats pisses me off. I don't know why.

I am waiting for pork based brussels sprouts.

• Options
    edited January 2021

There's a short between those 2 pins in that cannon plug. The left wire is shielding to ground ( think Faraday cage for wiring), the right is the ground path from the prop sync pickup back to the sync brain box.

Post edited by Trykflyr_1 on