Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd probably piss my pants if I saw a big bull like that running in my direction.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of a locomotive going through a snow drift.....

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been pruning my massive and overgrown limelight hydrangea. Spent 2 hours on it today and am only about halfway done. Need to finish before we get ice tomorrow night

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rolled up the outdoor shade blinds. I liked them more when they came with cords to roll them up and down instead of needing a ladder.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you wanna work on airplanes..... That's about 10 lbs of sand on the lower surface of the Lear flaps. It's on borh sides. I can't use a pressure washer. Today's fun: bucket & rag.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a super soaker? At least try and have some fun shooting it off.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

can't get the brakes soaked. they're carbon fiber, act like sponges & will freeze at altitude

• Options

Loaded Instagram back on my phone in order to disabuse them of the idea that I really want to see photos of wooden spoons and wooden sailboats.

I've been browsing Instagram from my laptop lately, but I discovered that there's no way to tell Instagram that I'm not interested in seeing more of a certain type of photo from a laptop, only from a mobile device with the app installed.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Loaded Instagram back on my phone in order to disabuse them of the idea that I really want to see photos of wooden spoons and wooden sailboats.

I've been browsing Instagram from my laptop lately, but I discovered that there's no way to tell Instagram that I'm not interested in seeing more of a certain type of photo from a laptop, only from a mobile device with the app installed.

Or, you could do like I do - kick the app to the curb and move along.... 🤣

• Options

It felt strange to wear pants AND shoes two days in a row, both of them weekend days. I'm not planning on making a habit of this.

Yesterday my eldest came over with her boyfriend for social distancing in the back yard, I spatchcocked a couple of small chickens and hasselbacked five potatoes for dinner.

Today we went over to my MILs house to give her an Amazon Fire tablet for her to use on our family Zoom calls. Her old chromebook was not working well at all and we were able to take an Amazon Fire 7 tablet and unregister it from Amazon and download the Zoom app from the Zoom website and get it to work great. These tablets go for like $40 so it's a good way to get someone up on Zoom. She doesn't have access to install any apps unless she links it with an Amazon account, though.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

7:15am Good news: my covid test came back negative. Saweet!

9:31am Bad news: I got laid-off. Fawk!

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:

Awe man. That’s buckets of suck.

• Options

@MrShrek said:

Aw, damn, hope you get a new position soon.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Temporary or permanent?

“A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.”
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Temporary or permanent?

“A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.”
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permanent.

• Options

Can't wait to see you roll up to the MKE Herf in the new Herfmobile, Edward! :D

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's Rachel's ride. She promised she won't guilt me into crossing over the bridge more than once or twice a year. I don't travel well. "more than 32,000 people are killed and 2 million are injured each year from motor vehicle crashes." I don't travel unless I have to, as much as I would like to join in on the herf (sort of).

• Options

Septic line's plugged. Easy fix...
    Until I find the line from inside the house to the tank is full of water and the tank is an ice ball. Called the pros. First time in 26 years I've had anyyhing freeze up and it's not even that cold.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^blame it on Katie.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blame it on "climate change".

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.