Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a raccoon ripping shingles off the roof, went out with a flashlight and yep, a raccoon ripping shingles off the roof where the addition joins the sidewall of the cottage. Going up today to repair the damage and have arranged for the addition to be re-shingled once the weather warms. The joys of home ownership....

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@silvermouse said:
    Woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a raccoon ripping shingles off the roof, went out with a flashlight and yep, a raccoon ripping shingles off the roof where the addition joins the sidewall of the cottage. Going up today to repair the damage and have arranged for the addition to be re-shingled once the weather warms. The joys of home ownership....

What caliber you gonna nail the raccoon with?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had some racoons breaking into the attic a while ago through a metal vent. The opposable thumbs on those suckers wreak a lot of havoc.

My Wife and youngest kid took the dogs for a walk yesterday afternoon and picked up Burger King for dinner. They split a strawberry milkshake, but no shake for me; denied.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    RobbyCruzRobbyCruz Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed alot of mentions of raccoons. So I'll go with it.

I went to a random middle of know where pizza place and I met rosco. He's the resident raccoon that eats everything out of their trash.

I enjoyed my pizza with rosco as he did his thing.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a lot of Rhododendron. Most are 20 ft tall with lower limbs as big as your leg. I spent yesterday cutting it back around the house and my others studio. Took three trailer loads down the road a piece and pitched all of it over the bank where I have been unloading bio waste for years. Still have to cut back around my studio. Nice to be able to work outside.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pulled up to a red light and the elderly woman in the car in front of me immediately started yelling into her driver's side mirror while looking at me. This went on for about a minute then she picked up her phone, held it up to her rearview mirror and took a photo of me. When the light changed and we started to make our turn she slowed down and looked at me in the rearview mirror while shaking her fist. I beeped at her and started to go around her and she started flipping me off repeatedly. I know it's almost a full moon, but Jesus! I've never seen an old person just flip out on a total stranger like that. I think the Moonbat is off her meds, she's way too old for it to be menopause.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

I like you ^

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Yep! He’s guaranteeing himself a frog leg dinner or two in the process.... 🤣🤣

Good move, Rodger @First_Warrior

• Options

taxes, laundry, and roasting some nice Rwanda from @Peter4jc.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    I was on my morning walk a couple of days ago and was humping down a muddy logging road. I saw a small puddle who's surface was moving. Sure enough there were frogs in it and they were raising h e l l . The next day there was a large clutch of eggs in the puddle. I got to thinking that there was dry weather forecasted for the next week and the water would dry up and the eggs would die. This AM I went back to the puddle with a gallon freezer bag, scooped up the eggs and brought them back a half mile to our little pond. The eggs are doing nicely.

No fish in the pond? I have heard spring peepers singing this week.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

About 2:00 AM this morning the smoke detector started going off which drove our dog Leah upstairs in a panic to scratch on the bedroom door and try and hide under the bed. A few minutes later our Schnoodle Daphne runs out barking into the back yard and gets sprayed by a skunk. Her fur is now dyed a dirty brown from the hydrogen peroxide / baking soda / dish detergent solution to get the stink off. My wife cleaned the rug and I am spatchcocking 2 chickens and hasselbacking 6 potatoes for an early dinner with my eldest child and her boyfriend.

• Options

So, what set the smoke alarm off???

• Options

Yeah, I think I forgot to replace the battery. I think it's the only smoke detector left that doesn't have a 5 year battery in it.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoke detectors typically have a 10 year life.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

5 yr battery or 10 yr battery, forget which the others have, they're disposable detectors, don't change the batteries. As usual, I don't think the batteries last as long as they say they will like the compact florescent and LED bulbs that die in less than a year but have such a great MTBF.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomato juice works on skunk spray. My Dad was a small animal vet and we had all kinds of critters around the house when I was growing up. Yep, had a skunk that Dad descented and I learned not to mess with it when it was eating.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@First_Warrior said:
    Tomato juice works on skunk spray. My Dad was a small animal vet and we had all kinds of critters around the house when I was growing up. Yep, had a skunk that Dad descented and I learned not to mess with it when it was eating.

I tried this several times on our mostly white cat when she got sprayed. I ended up with a very angry pink cat that still smelled.

We tried everything from solutions from the vet to various internet concoctions. I finally wore down after a couple weeks. She is very territorial but has not challenged the skunks since then though.

• Options

unlike ((someone's))... dog.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

A whole nother kind of roasting.

• Options

The mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish detergent works great, but it can bleach/dye your dog's fur if left on too long.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

you have to let the tomato juice dry on the dog. I do that, then use Yak's formula to was it off.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shave it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

how things look on the inside:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/SzEvOaF?s=sms

• Options

Fascinating

• Options

I complained about diesel being 2.89 on Friday, today it was 3.29
    Me and my big mouth.

• Options

People getting back on the road?

• Options

@Yakster said:
    People getting back on the road?

Morning traffic is still not bad but afternoon traffic has been back to pre covid levels for at least 5 months