Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steves back!!!! We missed you!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ I remember when that was JUST gardens. Lived in Tampa in the mid-60’s... was a standard go to for when family came down.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took my 2019 Colorado Z71 Cajun Red Tint Coat under 5k miles with murdered the fvck out after mart L.E.D's etc. to sell today at the closest dealer...that didn't go well...
    @Trykflyr_1 You worked for GM right? How do you get them to pay?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

They said 34k and not a penny more. I said that ain't happening and walked out the door. They are selling used ones for 40k because of the chip shortage and ultra high demand everywhere around here with 10k miles no high end LEDS, no bad @ss red tint coat. My trade in value they go off of was 36,600, Im like WTF. Some places are selling used ones same truck for even more than 40k.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check Carvana... takes 2min. You answer some questions, they give a guaranteed quote.

What are you hoping to get for your truck?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

What they pay you and what they sell it for will always be drastically different. It also depends on the area and availability of new/used vehicles.

• Options

@TX98Z28 said:
    They said 34k and not a penny more. I said that ain't happening and walked out the door. They are selling used ones for 40k because of the chip shortage and ultra high demand everywhere around here with 10k miles no high end LEDS, no bad @ss red tint coat. My trade in value they go off of was 36,600, Im like WTF. Some places are selling used ones same truck for even more than 40k.

Why would a dealer pay you the same price for what they’re selling? They have to run the thing thru the shop before they can put it on the line, they have to make a profit to keep the doors open. You want retail? Sell it yourself. All those extra BS add-ons actually make the thing harder to sell off a lot. You need a buyer who wants all that crap and most don’t.

I’m just basing my opinions on my experience here in the Frozen Freakin North, but that toy truck with all the lights and sparkly chrome is about useless. People usually buy trucks as a tool not a look at me statement. You ain’t haulin’ jack in that quarter ton grocery getter, it’ll probably never see dirt and I’d doubt it’ll tow much. May as well buy a station wagon.

You shoulda taken that 34 large, said thank you very much and THEN walked out.

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    Check Carvana... takes 2min. You answer some questions, they give a guaranteed quote.

What are you hoping to get for your truck?

36,660 that’s going off their own dealers estimate for mine with stock options under 5k miles, mint to excellent condition. Don’t know why that dealership won’t give me what it’s worth and they still make a quick couple grand. They know exactly what it’s worth. Trucks are in extremely high demand here especially the Colorado’s, lots of people use them here as 1500 and up are so darn expensive and they still tow 7,700lbs.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe that's just their first, low-ball, offer. Give them a call in a week or two and see if they changed their mind.

In the meantime, try the Carvana thing, just to have a figure in had to show the dealer. Carvana is offering me $18,500 for my '15 Accord, which is $2K higher than what I could've sold it for a year or two back. And they offered $21,200 for my almost-3YO Subaru that I paid $24K for. Try them, you have nothing to lose.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tight

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Tight

Dats what she said

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:

@Yakster said:
    Tight

Dats what she never said

Fixed it for you.

• Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Why would a dealer pay you the same price for what they’re selling? They have to run the thing thru the shop before they can put it on the line, they have to make a profit to keep the doors open. You want retail? Sell it yourself. All those extra BS add-ons actually make the thing harder to sell off a lot. You need a buyer who wants all that crap and most don’t.

I’m just basing my opinions on my experience here in the Frozen Freakin North, but that toy truck with all the lights and sparkly chrome is about useless. People usually buy trucks as a tool not a look at me statement. You ain’t haulin’ jack in that quarter ton grocery getter, it’ll probably never see dirt and I’d doubt it’ll tow much. May as well buy a station wagon.

You shoulda taken that 34 large, said thank you very much and THEN walked out.

They aren't, they are selling the used ones like mine for the same price as new ones for 39-42 down here because the truck shortage is so bad, there are not many new ones, thats why my trucks value is so high and I decided to part with it and will be ordering a Camaro soon. I don't care if they don't want my beautiful, higher end looking leds that every buyer wants down here. I'll take them out and put all the stock cheaper looking 1980's incandescent bulbs back in and sell the leds for 800 on creigslist.

No thats fair, thats why I wanted your opinion to see kinda where you stood. Alaska and Texas yeah... big difference in demographics, prices, climate, wants/needs, etc.
    I'm not a big fan of chrome so my truck doesn't have much on it at all. Yes, the truck is basically a short trip/grocery getter. I don't need a 1500, 2500, 3500 gas or diesel all murdered out lifted 60k+ truck like everyone has around here, not practical for me for a daily driver.

I walked because 34 is to low for down here for what the dealers are turning around and selling them for used, they tell me 36,660 but need to see it to appraise it in person of course which is fine, then they offer me 34 afterwards with no explanation. Just not professional. They have my contact info if they change their mind and want to make quick money if I haven't sold it yet.

• Options
    edited July 2021

Yep, different requirements so I’m kinda shooting in the dark here. Reality tho, is a dealer’s not gonna give you more than a couple grand back of trade-in regardless of how mint you think it is or what they are selling used rigs for. Bottom line is they have to turn a profit. They can’t do that by buying at left side, dumping time & money into it to make it line ready and then selling it at retail. They’d have to overprice it to make a profit. Banks won’t loan more than NADA (dealers & banks use NADA, not KBB) retail on any used vehicle regardless of what the market’s pulling in. That means they’d need a buyer with a bigazz down or cash. That rig would sit for months on the lot and no manager’s gonna risk that, even with today’s market demand.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to private sale that thing for 500 back of the used dealer price. TBH, you wouldn’t get 20 grand for that truck here on any day. It’s just not something that works well here for any number of reasons.

For what it’s worth, one of our new guys just bought a used Tacoma. Loaded out, moose crash bar & lights, winch, topper, upgraded suspension and tundra tires, fully winterized...Seriously nice rig...just under 20 large. All that on a comparable used full size probably would have run 50.

Not trying to harsh your mellow, but it’s reality. Stick a for sale sign in the window and run with it.

• Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Yep, different requirements so I’m kinda shooting in the dark here. Reality tho, is a dealer’s not gonna give you more than a couple grand back of trade-in regardless of how mint you think it is or what they are selling used rigs for. Bottom line is they have to turn a profit. They can’t do that by buying at left side, dumping time & money into it to make it line ready and then selling it at retail. They’d have to overprice it to make a profit. Banks won’t loan more than NADA (dealers & banks use NADA, not KBB) retail on any used vehicle regardless of what the market’s pulling in. That means they’d need a buyer with a bigazz down or cash. That rig would sit for months on the lot and no manager’s gonna risk that, even with today’s market demand.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to private sale that thing for 500 back of the used dealer price. TBH, you wouldn’t get 20 grand for that truck here on any day. It’s just not something that works well here for any number of reasons.

For what it’s worth, one of our new guys just bought a used Tacoma. Loaded out, moose crash bar & lights, winch, topper, upgraded suspension and tundra tires, fully winterized...Seriously nice rig...just under 20 large. All that on a comparable used full size probably would have run 50.

Not trying to harsh your mellow, but it’s reality. Stick a for sale sign in the window and run with it.

I appreciate your wisdom/knowledge regarding everything! I cant sell private party as there isn't enough time. If it comes down to it I have till the the 21st as their offer is still good till then. I didn't burn any bridges just told the sales rep that isn't going to happen, at least not yesterday. Everyone wants the most money, if I can get more than 34 from another dealer then win win, it's just business but frustrating :|

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:

@Rhamlin said:

@Yakster said:
    Tight

Dats what she never said

Fixed it for you.

😂

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is that with any customization whether it be a truck, classic car, motorcycle, home...whatever...the customization immediately limits the number of people it can be resold to. You customized it to fit your taste. With custom trucks and cars everyone wants something that they haven’t seen or nobody else has...that’s the whole point of it. It’s a long running known fact in the customization world that you never get back what you put into one. Because you did it for you...not a general market. The guys at the lot know that. Their market has been drastically narrowed because of all the bells and whistles. They can sell stock white or black Silverados all day long.

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    The thing is that with any customization whether it be a truck, classic car, motorcycle, home...whatever...the customization immediately limits the number of people it can be resold to. You customized it to fit your taste. With custom trucks and cars everyone wants something that they haven’t seen or nobody else has...that’s the whole point of it. It’s a long running known fact in the customization world that you never get back what you put into one. Because you did it for you...not a general market. The guys at the lot know that. Their market has been drastically narrowed because of all the bells and whistles. They can sell stock white or black Silverados all day long.

That’s why I’m going to remove all the leds if the buyer doesn’t want them. If they give me 500 more or so they can have them if not I’ll sell them on Craig’s list for 800 and even help the buyer install them all. About to head to more places to get their appraised best offer. Who’s the highest gets my truck, plan and simple.

• Options
    edited July 2021

@Rdp77 said:

That’s why I’m going to remove all the leds if the buyer doesn’t want them. If they give me 500 more or so they can have them if not I’ll sell them on Craig’s list for 800 and even help the buyer install them all. About to head to more places to get their appraised best offer. Who’s the highest gets my truck, plain and simple.

• Options

^^^ that’s strange double posted after editing, error message.

• Options

Got two dealers fighting for it! 😏

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    Got two dealers fighting for it! 😏

That sounds promising….. 👍

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Just watched Cardinals vs Blue Jay fight club, nature style behind my house. Blue Jay was defending itself admirably until dingus stopping licking himself and figured out he could go get into someone else's business

Birddog

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time for the monthly feed run

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting the herf dog Earl out of his misery, it's time, his heart is giving out.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )