Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can always count on you @IndustMech

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder what percentage of bishops blend '21 this forum got?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now, if you bomb someone a BB, chances are they'll already have a box of 'em.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question, I got one and a half boxes of the Corona Largo and half a box of the Lanceros. You think we might go as high as 5% for the CCOM forum?

The [2021] U.S. release of the Corona Largo and Robusto vitolas are limited to 600 boxes each, the Lancero is limited to 400 boxes.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Good question, I got one and a half boxes of the Corona Largo and half a box of the Lanceros. You think we might go as high as 5% for the CCOM forum?

The [2021] U.S. release of the Corona Largo and Robusto vitolas are limited to 600 boxes each, the Lancero is limited to 400 boxes.

Hmm 80 boxes seems like alot but could be. I got 2 Corona Largos

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 box of the lanceros

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'm the only one who skipped this year, but it's because I bought 3 boxes last year, and still have 2.25 of them. I wonder who here has the most?

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I think I'm the only one who skipped this year, but it's because I bought 3 boxes last year, and still have 2.25 of them. I wonder who here has the most?

Not me. I've bought a ton but I smoke them lol

• Options

I have a handful from last year so I put them on top of the tenski of this year's corona gordas in last year's box. (with the ribbon around last year's cigars).

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Box of Corona Largos and a box of Lanceros (if they ever get here) for me, but, when a manufacturer says "box", I think they mean something different than what we mean by box. Seems to me that the manufacturers production "box" is 10,000 cigars, according to some thread I read here years ago. I could be wrong.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ That makes sense. 20- 25,000 cigars for an entire country seems a bit sketchy.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

The [2021] U.S. release of the Corona Largo and Robusto vitolas are limited to 600 boxes each, the Lancero is limited to 400 boxes, that's 1600 boxes of 20 sticks, or 32,000 cigars total, if they're considering 20ct. 1600 boxes of 10,000, or 16million sticks, seems too high.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited June 2021

The Corona Largo and Robuto come in 20 count boxes while the Lancero comes in a 12 count box so 4,800 Lanceros + 12,000 Corogna Largos and 12,000 Robustos = 28,800 cigars. This seems normal for a LE. 16,000,000 cigars seems way to high, especially considering that they've been selling out so quickly.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    ^^^ That makes sense. 20- 25,000 cigars for an entire country seems a bit sketchy.

If they made 100,000 you wouldn't chase them with the same verve.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    The Corona Largo and Robuto come in 20 count boxes while the Lancero comes in a 12 count box so 4,800 Lanceros + 12,000 Corogna Largos and 12,000 Robustos = 28,800 cigars. This seems normal for a LE. 16,000,000 cigars seems way to high, especially considering that they've been selling out so quickly.

Painting with a really broad brush here but...

If 100 shops across the country got them equally (2 in each state). They would get 288 cigars each ~14-20 boxes.

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

I am Equipment Service (maintenance technician) for a car company at their transmission factory in the aluminum machining department. We take the cases from the die cast department and machine them before they go into assembly. We typically have 4 ES personnel per shift. Well, today 2 were scheduled for vacation and 1 guy called in, so I am by myself tonight. I hope it is a quiet night and nothing breaks down! An hour and 15 minutes in, and so far, so good.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my apartment building was just hit by lightning. Loud and bright. I actually dropped my phone.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

My niece‘s ex husband was laid to rest today. He was something to deal with but overall not a bad guy. He was killed in a hit and run Saturday night. He served in the Army from 2002 to 2018. It is crazy to think that he did 6 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan without so much as a scratch.

• Options
    edited June 2021

@peter4jc said:
    The [2021] U.S. release of the Corona Largo and Robusto vitolas are limited to 600 boxes each, the Lancero is limited to 400 boxes, that's 1600 boxes of 20 sticks, or 32,000 cigars total, if they're considering 20ct. 1600 boxes of 10,000, or 16million sticks, seems too high.

Indeed, 16 million seems way too high. I didn't do the math, just memory off the top of my head. The other numbers still seem low, but this is a boutique blend, so that could be it. Perhaps it was 1000 per manufacturers "box"? I'm certain of reading in some post, probably by Kuzi, that what they call box and what we call box are not the same.

Of course, I've drank a lot of Scotch since then, so...who knows?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@deadman said:
    My niece‘s ex husband was laid to rest today. He was something to deal with but overall not a bad guy. He was killed in a hit and run Saturday night. He served in the Army from 2002 to 2018. It is crazy to think that he did 6 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan without so much as a scratch.

Tragic to hear this. If the News made as much of a deal about traffic deaths as they do about other things, automobiles would have been outlawed a long time ago.

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

hang in there, there's a cigar waiting for you at the end of your shift.

• Options

You probably deserve two cigars tonight.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CtheHam said:
    I am Equipment Service (maintenance technician) for a car company at their transmission factory in the aluminum machining department. We take the cases from the die cast department and machine them before they go into assembly. We typically have 4 ES personnel per shift. Well, today 2 were scheduled for vacation and 1 guy called in, so I am by myself tonight. I hope it is a quiet night and nothing breaks down! An hour and 15 minutes in, and so far, so good.

Hard to walk after shooting yourself in the foot.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.