Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Noticed there are quite a few sites with Lost & Found Paradise Lost on sale, this site being one of them. Wonder why?

I bought a couple 10 packs of those last year and had a lot of trouble with them. Mostly wrapper issues, tended to swell and get flaky. Good flavor, while they lasted, a couple of them were good all the way through, but the fail rate was too high for me. I may still have a few of them in the cooler, hoping time will heal them, but I'm not getting any new ones. No idea if others are experiencing this, or if it's just the ones that I got.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

They might be bringing them back with a new label. Seems every time multiple sites put them on sale, a month later they have a new band.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Diesel outages all across FL, GA, NC are making my job really annoying.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm leaving work early tonight, I can and I am tired.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mowing day, two farms, one city yard and the lakeside RV lot. I do have a new set of earbuds to help pass the time.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that, Edward. I hope you're back to 'your normal' soon.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    back on the antibiotics for Lyme and Anaplasmosis. I hate deer ticks.

I've picked off six off of me so far this year.
    Did some research on how long lyme been around. I thought it was only a recent thing....I guess I was wrong...... https://www.livescience.com/18704-oldest-case-lyme-disease-spotted-iceman-mummy.html

• Options
    edited May 2021

I've usually had at least 5 or 6 by now, but only 2 so far this year. I guess the chiggers are running them off, because I've got at least 6 of those right this minute.

In other news, swallowed my temporary crown with breakfast this morning. Come Monday, it'll be alright...assuming the permanent one shows up on schedule and isn't "delayed by Covid".

Have a dinner with my girlfriends family tonight, ribs. That should be a challenge with an exposed dental nerve.

On top of that, I'm on half-rations for coffee and cigars due to hypertension.

I predict my mood will be:

Delightful! :#

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

My beard had gotten long enough that it's starting to enter my field of view.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Managed to get into the North 40 today. Lots of moose and bear sign. Didn’t quite get stuck, but got slowed way down in s few spots goin in.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Clearly not from harbor freight.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Clearly not from harbor freight.

A no kidding, fer realsies Sears Craftsman. There were 3 other routers, a couple jigsaws, a worm drive circ saw and a couple air nailers too. The nailers & the circ are usable. The rest are pretty much toast.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Awesome score! Clearly from the before days when craftsmen was the best.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

I love my Craftsman scroller saw. @Patrickbrick

• Options

That thing is 20+ years old, not made anymore by anyone and works like new. I definitely love it.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

I've done nothing today but sit on the couch, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes since I got out of bed at ten or eleven. Great day off! Now it's time for a cigar.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    I've done nothing today but sit on the couch, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes since I got out of bed at ten or eleven. Great day off! Now it's time for a cigar.

Minus the cigs, you've discovered my little world.

• Options

@MrShrek said:
    Apparently firing off an email to the one person that keeps dodging you and including everyone else you can find in their company makes them perk up and call ya back...squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say lol.

Sadly, I often find that I don't get results unless I include the person's direct manager in the email thread. When it's important and I don't get a response I reply to the email asking for an update and adding the next level manager up to the thread each time. This usually gets action.

• Options

From dusk till dawn.

I learned today that there's Civil, Nautical, and Astronomical Twilight (with each 6 degrees of arc between the steps) and a lesser known photographic Blue Hour in addition to the more well known Golden Hour.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/different-types-twilight.html

• Options

@Yakster said:
    From dusk till dawn.

I learned today that there's Civil, Nautical, and Astronomical Twilight (with each 6 degrees of arc between the steps) and a lesser known photographic Blue Hour in addition to the more well known Golden Hour.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/different-types-twilight.html

Is there an Astronautical Twilight? When people who've been to space turn into vampires?

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going in tomorrow for a procedure to fix my veins in my leg. Had them for years, but turned painful for the last year. Should be in and out, off feet for 1-2 days. We’ll see how that works out!

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck
    Best wishes for a speedy and successful procedure, Charlie 👍👴🏻

• Options

Good luck. Compression socks are my friends.

• Options

Good luck, Charlie.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck @cbuck