Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys! @Amos_Umwhat The doc gave me a prescription for the socks. $300! Picked up 20 pair for $40 on Amazon! Love a bargain! Good quality too!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Thanks guys! @Amos_Umwhat The doc gave me a prescription for the socks. $300! Picked up 20 pair for $40 on Amazon! Love a bargain! Good quality too!

Yeah, I did the prescription for the first set, then discovered that buying direct from Jobst was an option. The really good news is that they work!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree! My legs feel much better even before the procedure!

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put lattice around the chicken run so they would stop eating from the garden and the new grap vines planted in the back.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumped 2 truckloads of bullrock (3-4 inch diameter gravel) into the soft spot that’s in the road at the end of my driveway. It vanished and walking on that area is like walking on a waterbed. “They said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it anyway. It sank into the swamp.”

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

^^^ That’s pretty sweet. I’m just happy my van starts...😂😂😂

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleaned out the chicken coop for the ladies.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Dumped 2 truckloads of bullrock (3-4 inch diameter gravel) into the soft spot that’s in the road at the end of my driveway. It vanished and walking on that area is like walking on a waterbed. “They said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it anyway. It sank into the swamp.”

Next time put some stabilization fabric first. We use it all the time on temporary construction entrances with that size stone.

• Options

^^^ Was an attempt at a band-aid fix to get through the last of the spring breakup. There’s still snow in pockets here & there and the ground’s still frozen a foot or so down. We’re gonna have to rip the whole road out at some point. I suspect this spot is going to be soft about 6 or 8 feet down till it hits permafrost. Any ideas you have are REALLY appreciated! We’re just kinda winging things.....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed my water cooler again after it sat for a while without use. The fuse I replaced last time was fine but the pump wasn't pumping, even after priming it from above. I was dreading taking the pump apart so I tried a little suction using a baster and that got it pumping again.

Put away the grill and fire pit from yesterday while smoking a pipe, currently sitting outside with the herf dog on my lap having finished and cleaned my pipe and contemplating what to do next.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t wait until my kids are older and I can get **** done.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

Your next stage is them being old enough to tell you how old you are. Nothing better than your so old jokes first thing in the morning

• Options
    edited May 2021

@Patrickbrick said:

[redacted]

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todays project, getting a plumber that can replace a hot water heater. :'(

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^if the water's hot, why are you still heating it?

LOL. JK. I too, cannot stop using that phrase.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Chased down a fuel gage problem yesterday. One of my esteemed colleagues didn’t fully seat a pin in a connector at one of the tank probes. Sometimes I think we’re or own worst enemies...

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Chased down a fuel gage problem yesterday. One of my esteemed colleagues didn’t fully seat a pin in a connector at one of the tank probes. Sometimes I think we’re or own worst enemies...

How big a fleet do you maintain? Seems you are always busy.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Job security.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@d_blades We only have a dozen or so aircraft in Alaska spread across 7 bases. The company as a whole has a couple hundred; we’re nationwide & in Hawaii. I only have 2 or 3 in Fairbanks at any one time. There are 2 mechanics in Fairbanks, we alternate weeks for the on call coverage. Seems more often than not Joe Pilot breaks stuff when it’s my week on duty.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

After seeing the first 10 or 20 of these on the road I am sure I will hate how they look....
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-1-million-pre-orders-dual-motor-most-popular/

• Options

Saw the moon last night while enjoying a cigar on the patio and thought that it looked like a full moon. Checked a site and determined that the full moon is today, but I never realized that we had a full moon, super moon, lunar eclipse this morning and I missed it completely.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    After seeing the first 10 or 20 of these on the road I am sure I will hate how they look....
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-1-million-pre-orders-dual-motor-most-popular/

I’ll just be tired of driving around their dead battery hulks every few miles.

• Options

Celebrating World Otter Day

• Options

roasted some rwanda and loaded up the station wagon for a rainy morning trip to the transfer station

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got around eleven hours of sleep last night and took a six hour nap today. Solid use of my one-day weekend.

• Options

Spent the day at the north 40. Hauled 5 full pickup loads of junk outta there, found a metric ton of copper that’ll help pay for the cabin roof and moved 60 cinderblocks for the foundation. Tomorrow I’ll start tearing the greenhouse down before it falls down.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in the middle of a three day bender, still getting **** done and resetting my “my life sucks” clock. For the record my life is good and I am very happy it’s just a figure of speech.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.