Home General Discussion

What Do You Want From the Forum?

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Sorry couldn’t resist and I actually have a signal. Took it as a sign. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Test

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A display of who started a thread as well as the last commenter would be nice. Or the ability to hide threads permanently. 
    Seconded 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean the @TheCigarChick is passing or failing for opening this thread.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok it's worm time. Please give the arguments a break. @TheCigarChick asked for our opinions on improving the forum. There have been some great suggestions, but way too much back and forth. Any BOTL / SOTL has a right to voice any opinion or complaint, it is there opinion. All suggestions will not become changes. Also this forum is meant to be a place to come together. I don't know @jd50ae all that well, but it sure seems awfully one sided on all the people taking him to task for his opinion. Please let's all work together to make this a better place, not a place known for In-fighting and drama.

Suggestion, the feature that randomly hides our post for moderator approval needs to go. Either all posts approved or none.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously @jd50ae, if you'd let it die, it would, but your righteous indignation about even seeing the two words together and looking down your nose at everyone who doesn't agree with you is surprising to me, given that you come off as a very intelligent person.  

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a question..... Can we get the ability to delete PMs? 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    ShawnOL said:
    Got a question..... Can we get the ability to delete PMs? 

"You have 2,354 messages, would you like to delete some?" 

YES! Yes, I would.

Am I mistaken or when we originally went to this forum, didn't we used to be able to delete messages one at a time?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can "leave" conversations which effectively removes it from your inbox.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Can't find that on my phone.  Is it a PC thing only? 

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 mod
    jd50ae said:
    Yakster said:
    I don't understand the desire to make an adult site, 21+ age verified, filtered by most content filters already "kid" friendly. 

Are we expecting kids to participate in a tobacco forum?

The other categories are already represented here.
    As far as age verification/limits, that's simply the result of the FDA and other top-down legislation with respect to tobacco. Obviously if one is on any website where tobacco is sold (or an affiliate), it's a necessary evil; it's the same as when you purchase cigars online.
    And there is nothing stopping underage people looking at this forum and lying about their age to purchase product. I wonder how many are here just for the post. Do a search on Google.
    While we go "Scout's honor" with respect to the age of users on the Forum, companies nowadays do have to verify the age of a tobacco purchaser online. If you're not a known customer with a verified profile, someone involved in the order-taking/customer service process by law has to go through various steps to make sure the customer is of age. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less wanting.
    More chilling.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously @jd50ae, if you'd let it die, it would, but your righteous indignation about even seeing the two words together and looking down your nose at everyone who doesn't agree with you is surprising to me, given that you come off as a very intelligent person.  

Where the h.ll did you come up with that?
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    On my mobile layout you have to go into the individual messages and down at the bottom theres a big red button. It would be nice to have a more traditional inbox layout with the option to select multiple and delete en masse
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a few new expression icons on the bottom of posts 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    On my mobile layout you have to go into the individual messages and down at the bottom theres a big red button. It would be nice to have a more traditional inbox layout with the option to select multiple and delete en masse

Right, in a group PM, you just drop out, in a one-on-one it disappears from your inbox but remains in the other person's inbox. This can lead to you replying to a PM that your the only member of.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Didn't his sit down with kim jong get a bunch of MIA remains back? 

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna go back and forth on this, but the bomb on Hiroshima solved the city's mosquito problem...
    Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, just make a NSFW category.
    Problem solved.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    TheCigarChick said:
     I knew full and well to expect what has transpired,...

Squint I Doubt It GIF by Desus  Mero
    Those memes though 😂
    @B@Bob_Luken got me ROTF

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

This discussion has been closed.