Home General Discussion

What Do You Want From the Forum?

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s better than a moose knuckle 

Test

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free smokes
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 mod
    Free smokes
    LOL... I had a celebrity hit me up for free smokes last night. Granted the guy seemingly has great taste, he also has money.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebrities are probably used to give freebies.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    Celebrities are probably used to give freebies.
    In most cases, yes. While there's a time and place to "pay to play" so-to-speak, it's a bit obnoxious when someone blatantly asks for free stuff, because then my nice meter goes to empty.  B) Other than occasionally handing out a few free sticks here and there to celebs when I wanted them to try new things, that was also accompanied by them buying many boxes of $$$ cigars. 
    jgibv said:
    @TheCigarChick ;  this may have already been said....but the ability to “mute or hide” specifics threads and specific users would be wonderful.   

Personally I know I’d spend a lot more time here again if I could filter out the b/s from specific people.....(and I’m sure some feel the same about me LOL).

Just my $0.02.
    I hear you, and I agree. It has been mentioned earlier in the thread and is on my "Things Lindsay Wants from IT" list. LOL
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @TheCigarChick, can I have some free cigars? And stuff? I really like free cigars and stuff.
    @jd50ae That makes two of us. I was remarking to a coworker the other day how free cigars not only make me happy, but they help me sit through pointless meetings scheduled by people who simply love the sound of their own voice more than productivity.  :#
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    @TheCigarChick, can I have some free cigars? And stuff? I really like free cigars and stuff.
    I got your free cigars right here, buddy.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free smokes
    LOL... I had a celebrity hit me up for free smokes last night. Granted the guy seemingly has great taste, he also has money.
    Well this is your lucky day I do
    not have good taste and
    definitely no money!
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    @TheCigarChick ;  this may have already been said....but the ability to “mute or hide” specifics threads and specific users would be wonderful.   

Personally I know I’d spend a lot more time here again if I could filter out the b/s from specific people.....(and I’m sure some feel the same about me LOL).

Just my $0.02.
    Don't be racist, bro. 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be named king of the forum and have everyone bowing and telling me how great I am. 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Oh I forgot

@Rhamlin

Hail Ceasar!!!!
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    I want to be named king of the forum and have everyone bowing and telling me how great I am. 
    The king is a fink!
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Rhamlin said:
    The king is a fink!
    He may be a fink but he gets better looking every damn day.
    IKR!
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay guys, last call for suggestions/wants/concerns that are *legitimate*.  ;)

I'm going to be up in CT at some tobacco farms starting tomorrow, so I'd like compile a prioritized list to give to our developers.
    How about a better notification system or more features? I'd really like to be able to separate notifications by type (you've been quoted vs. a reply in any number of threads you're subscribed to). Currently, I just scroll down the long list of notifications looking for the words "mentioned you" in the plethora of "commented" listings, but after a minute, it all goes fuzzy and it would be nice to respond to everybody since I don't want to be rude.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure we don't need anything new to help you if don't like your notifications, you should be able to change them already. 

Go to Edit Profile.
    Go to Notification Preferences.
    Choose to receive an email, or popup,(on the forum), or if neither box is checked for a particular type of notification, you will receive no notification for that type. 

Here's a view of how it appears when I wish to edit my notification preferences. 

NotificationEmailPopup
    Notify me when people write on my wall.
    Notify me when people reply to my wall comments.
    Notify me when my rank changes.
    Notify me when I earn a badge.
    Notify me when people accept my answer.
    Notify me when people answer my question.
    Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
    Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    Notify me when people mention me.
    Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.
    Notify me of private messages.
This discussion has been closed.