Home General Discussion

Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@Yakster said:
    Is it just me or did that TAA announcement just fail to impress.

This one caught my eye...

Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edicion Americana
    Vitola: 6×54 Belicoso
    Price: $13.40
    Release: October

J oya de Nicaragua has announced the release of a cigar for the 2021 Tobacconists’ Association of America (TAA) Exclusive Series with the Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana TAA Exclusive. The cigar was formally unveiled today at a virtual convention being hosted by the TAA.

The cigar itself pays homage to Joya de Nicaragua’s close ties with the United States. The United States was the first market Joya de Nicaragua explored, and in the 1970s Joya de Nicaragua became the official cigar of the White House under President Richard Nixon. The Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana is an exclusive offering for TAA retailers.

The Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana TAA Exclusive is highlighted by a Nicaraguan Criollo wrapper. It comes in one size – a 6 x 54 Belicoso, over undisclosed Grade A fillers. The cigars have been aged for a minimum of one year within vintage white oak barrels, used in a world-renowned rum distillery. A total of 500 ten-count boxes have been produced for the TAA retailers.

According to Joya de Nicaragua, the Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana was selected to be JDN’s newest TAA exclusive release because of its outstanding performance and resemblance to the original Cuatro Cinco limited edition. “When we were deciding what the next TAA product should be, we knew it had to be special. And when the team proposed the Belicoso, the decision was made, there’s no other vitola in the Cuatro Cinco family that smokes closer to the original limited edition than this one,” said Juan Ignacio Martinez, Executive President in a press release.

“ These are some of the best cigars that come out of our factory. The stories we tell with them need to be special. We have selected the Bald Eagle because of what it represents to our American friends, an example of stamina, power, and freedom. In 2021, JDN is celebrating Nicaragua’s independence bicentennial, and what a better symbol to connect us both than the symbol of freedom, ” said Daniel Barrios, Global Commercial Manager.

“It has been an exciting experience being on this side of the industry. Talking to friends and customers to evaluate this project has been a great experience. I’m excited to see how this continues to foster the partnership between TAA and Joya de Nicaragua,” added Sarah Hearton, US Field Market Manager at Drew Estate, which distributes Joya de Nicaragua.

This is the second regional release by Joya de Nicaragua. Last year, Joya de Nicaragua the released Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edición Asia.

The following is a complete list of the Joya de Nicaragua TAA Exclusive releases:

Joya de Nicaragua CyB Lancero Fino (2013)
    Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Gran Reserva Presidente (2018)
    Joya de Nicaragua Selección de Torcedor 2019 (2019)
    Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana (2021)

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Tat Taa is always impressive

I didn't think he was doing a TAA release this year

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:

@Usaf06 said:
    Tat Taa is always impressive

I didn't think he was doing a TAA release this year

I was just looking through the list and was wondering about that.

edited March 2021

The Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco Edición Americana TAA Exclusive is highlighted by a Nicaraguan Criollo wrapper. It comes in one size – a 6 x 54 Belicoso, over undisclosed Grade A fillers. The cigars have been aged for a minimum of one year within vintage white oak barrels, used in a world-renowned rum distillery. A total of 500 ten-count boxes have been produced for the TAA retailers.

Just read this, and I want it. Love me some rum & Oak barrel

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I know .. not sure if I am getting out of this one

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• cigarexplorercigarexplorer Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

They’re taking pre-orders.

cigardojo.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3392037feb64a7dd72c07d48&id=f669fcc93b&e=b9687228af

• RobbyCruzRobbyCruz Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess everyone is looking forward to the Illusione and Tatuajes TAAs, but look no further.

@Usaf06 said:
    Hmmm

Hoping to score a box from their Reno location. @Wylaff would take a road trip to pick some up if you wanted to meet up.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll have to go in and see if they have a release date

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much is a box??
    Split?

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

@Guitarded said:
    How much is a box??
    Split?

Looks like $150 for 10. I’m not sure if they’ll do the in house box discount for the TAA release, but I’ll find out.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • RobbyCruzRobbyCruz Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:

@RobbyCruz said:
    I guess everyone is looking forward to the Illusione and Tatuajes TAAs, but look no further.

There is no Tat TAA this year, but will not be buying these

Lol thanks, I realized it after I started actually reading the articles but well in hindsight.

Just close your eyes and pretend they're Aganorsa

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ doesn’t it say those don’t ship until November though.

@deadman said:
    ^ doesn’t it say those don’t ship until November though.

Yup. Sucks, but patience is a virtue

Cigar god

The Sixto i is Plasencia's newest addition! This cigar has contains 10 year aged tobacco!
    “When we created the hexagon shaped vitola, we did it with the intent to push the boundaries of cigar making. The Colorado Claro wrapper adds a different dimension to this already unique cigar. We proudly look forward to exposing the public to the Plasencia Alma Fuerte Sixto I Hexagon.” - CEO Nestor Andres Plasencia
    Plasencia Alma Fuerte, a unique blend of our best-aged tobaccos, grown in our highest quality soil, accentuating their bold, vibrant and intense flavors. Laced with hints of dark chocolate, plum, and cinnamon, the taste is rounded out with finishing notes of oak and molasses.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Cgod

Anyone interested in the Illusione TAA release:
    I spoke to Dion a couple days back. He says it will be about 60 days until they arrive, He's keeping 300 boxes in house, and he is not limiting purchase quantities. He couldn't assure me that they would be doing the box discount, but their base price will be $150. If you can't or don't want to find for them elsewhere, let me know and I'd be happy to grab a box for you.

@Wylaff put me down for one please

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone want to split a box?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )