Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just don’t ask me to wear a mask because you choose not to get it!

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've read out there somewhere that the vaccine can give you the after affects of getting the virus itself. Something about brain swelling or gray matter problems. Something like that. Don't know if it's true or not but I don't need any more memory problems. Besides, vaccines tend to only fight the last variant, not the newer strains that the virus always evolves into. I just avoid people when I can and don't inhale when I have to lean in close to a customer to hear them.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    So I am starting to doubt and question myself on why I have not been vaccinated. I have never got the flu shot and I just don’t get sick much. To the unvaccinated out there I ask why haven’t you been vaccinated?

I have not been vaccinated. I'm not opposed to it, or scared of it, but I don't respond to fear campaigns. I have caught Covid twice, and survived both times. My family has all had it, and all survived. There are a couple reasons I haven't taken the vaccine.

1. Vaccinated individuals can still catch and pass the virus. It lessons the symptoms, and in many cases prevents you from experiencing them at all. This is great for a high risk individual, but it means that an unvaccinated individual could potentially have less chance of spreading the virus, as they will know when they are sick and not come into work.
    2. If vaccinated individuals can still spread the virus, herd immunity is indefinitely unreachable. This means the choice to be vaccinated should be a personal one based entirely around our own health risks.
    3. The CDC is recommending that people who have caught the virus get vaccinated because antibodies fade. However, they have yet to release any T-cell studies for vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals. Antibodies always fade, whether they are from natural infection or vaccination, but as they fade the body should be producing T-cells.
    4. Knowing that my family and myself are not at morbidity risk if we catch the virus, but are at potential risk from any vaccination side effects, we have chosen to hold off until we see the T-cell studies, and actual evidence that the vaccination provides any additional protection over our bodies natural defenses.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@genareddog said:
    So I am starting to doubt and question myself on why I have not been vaccinated. I have never got the flu shot and I just don’t get sick much. To the unvaccinated out there I ask why haven’t you been vaccinated?

I have not been vaccinated. I'm not opposed to it, or scared of it, but I don't respond to fear campaigns. I have caught Covid twice, and survived both times. My family has all had it, and all survived. There are a couple reasons I haven't taken the vaccine.

1. Vaccinated individuals can still catch and pass the virus. It lessons the symptoms, and in many cases prevents you from experiencing them at all. This is great for a high risk individual, but it means that an unvaccinated individual could potentially have less chance of spreading the virus, as they will know when they are sick and not come into work.
    2. If vaccinated individuals can still spread the virus, herd immunity is indefinitely unreachable. This means the choice to be vaccinated should be a personal one based entirely around our own health risks.
    3. The CDC is recommending that people who have caught the virus get vaccinated because antibodies fade. However, they have yet to release any T-cell studies for vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals. Antibodies always fade, whether they are from natural infection or vaccination, but as they fade the body should be producing T-cells.
    4. Knowing that my family and myself are not at morbidity risk if we catch the virus, but are at potential risk from any vaccination side effects, we have chosen to hold off until we see the T-cell studies, and actual evidence that the vaccination provides any additional protection over our bodies natural defenses.

Has any of you been tested for anti-bodies, seeing you've already had it twice?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting are covid symptoms just only 5-10% of positive cases get them, also depends on the individual as this virus clearly effects everyone differently. Yesterday same symptoms still mostly, got cleaned out in the morning but not nearly as bad. Fatigue was high still, along with swollen throat and face swollen somewhat, no fever.

Today no fever still, finally no clean out, stomach and intestines are 90-95% better (the knife in stomach pain was narcotic worthy, I used natural sketchy strong CBD oil), smell is coming back some, cough is pretty much gone. Head feels fuzzy somewhat and the only major thing is my energy is still low, fatigued still but not as bad as yesterday. Appetite is coming back, lost exactly 5 pounds now that I'm getting fully rehydrated.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

@d_blades said:

@Wylaff said:

@genareddog said:

Has any of you been tested for anti-bodies, seeing you've already had it twice?

Yes. The first time I had the antibodies for about 4 months before becoming untraceable. The 2nd time was different symptoms, and suspected to be a different strain. After that one I had the antibodies for 7 months before they dwindled. But my point is that antibodies are designed to fade. They are only in effect until your body produces T-cells, which are basically the directions for rebuilding the antibodies when needed. Most people who get the vaccine do not test positive on an antibodies test. The CDC acknowledges that this is because the body is skipping to T-cells. I just want to see some data on those before I decide anything. This goes back to my not wanting to give in to fear tactics.

Antibodies fade, so you need to get the vaccine!
    Don't worry if you don't have antibodies after the vaccine! Your body is just making T-cells!

These two statements show a lack of data, and since I do not consider myself or my family to be at risk, I would like to see the data first.

Edited: I donate plasma, so I was tested for antibodies twice each week. I was not just assuming at the time frames.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

The seatbelt is too restrictive and uncomfortable.

My seatbelt will not prevent the other guy in the accident from dying.

What if you were required to wear a seatbelt to protect the unbelted guy in the other car?

I ride my murdersickle barheaded, BTW.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Wearing a seatbelt won't prevent me from getting in a car accident that I'm statistically likely to survive anyways.

If I don't survive the accident, I guess I wasn't meant to anyways. Fate.

If I don't get in an accident, then I wouldn't have needed the seatbelt and it would have been a waste of time putting it on.

I have airbags so I don't need a seatbelt.

God will protect me in the accident.

I'm saving my seatbelt for someone who really needs it.

The government told me to wear my seatbelt, and you can't trust the government.

Seatbelts are produced by giant nylon factories, who have huge lobbies in the government and coerced them into making them mandatory for the money.

You just confused the **** out of me with this post

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

@genareddog said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Wearing a seatbelt won't prevent me from getting in a car accident that I'm statistically likely to survive anyways.

If I don't get in an accident, then I wouldn't have needed the seatbelt and it would have been a waste of time putting it on.

Seatbelts are produced by giant nylon factories, who have huge lobbies in the government and coerced them into making them mandatory for the money.

I was just clowning around mostly. Aside from the last three arguments, most of the stuff that I wrote about seat belts is totally true and can be equated to an anti-mask, anti vaccine argument somewhere.

They sound silly when you apply them to seat belts, not because they are silly, but because we have grown to accept seat belts as a requirement And as a part of our lives.

Seatbelts were never a right versus left issue. I remember the '80s when seat belts were not required the people would make all kinds of arguments just like this.

Your seatbelt is too restrictive? Oh that's nonsense quit crying. Your seatbelt won't protect the other guy? Oh that's silly, quit being a snowflake. I'm probably not going to die from a crash anyways? Well that's just stupid.

I'm not saying anyone is a snowflake or silly or stupid. I'm just saying that it's not hard to wear a mask and it's not hard to get a vaccine and these things are free and easy, just like your seat belt is.

Besides, people talk about the long-term risk of getting vaccines while mostly ignoring the long-term risks factors from acquiring the disease itself! Since the vaccine was made from the disease, I don't understand this logic. I was a risk factors from the fully healthy living virus somehow smaller than they are from a watered-down version of a dead virus? Silly silly silly

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw, I like flying through the windshield.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mRNA technology is what used to be called targeted genetic treatment and has been used on cancer patients for the last six plus years successfully. That’s how it came out so fast. Instead of being programmed to go after a characteristic of a cancer cell it was programmed to go after the spike protein of a corona Virus

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@genareddog said:

@VegasFrank said:

I was just clowning around mostly. Aside from the last three arguments, most of the stuff that I wrote about seat belts is totally true and can be equated to an anti-mask, anti vaccine argument somewhere.

They sound silly when you apply them to seat belts, not because they are silly, but because we have grown to accept seat belts as a requirement And as a part of our lives.

Seatbelts were never a right versus left issue. I remember the '80s when seat belts were not required the people would make all kinds of arguments just like this.

Your seatbelt is too restrictive? Oh that's nonsense quit crying. Your seatbelt won't protect the other guy? Oh that's silly, quit being a snowflake. I'm probably not going to die from a crash anyways? Well that's just stupid.

I'm not saying anyone is a snowflake or silly or stupid. I'm just saying that it's not hard to wear a mask and it's not hard to get a vaccine and these things are free and easy, just like your seat belt is.

Besides, people talk about the long-term risk of getting vaccines while mostly ignoring the long-term risks factors from acquiring the disease itself! Since the vaccine was made from the disease, I don't understand this logic. I was a risk factors from the fully healthy living virus somehow smaller than they are from a watered-down version of a dead virus? Silly silly silly

I was just messing with you.😂

• YaksterYakster Posts: 26,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought a D+ was better than a D or a D-???

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Perhaps this should go under "stupid **** that pops into my head", but it's Covid specific stupid ****, so, here goes.

Two things.

Last year the government was telling us that kids don't get Covid, and if they do it's just a mild case, and there's no evidence that they carry or spread it. I don't know about the rest of you, but my BS detector went off big time.

This year every morning I turn on the News and hear that Children's Hospitals are overflowing with kids who are at deaths door because of Covid.

That's one thing.

Last year they told us that once the nursing home residents were all vaccinated, along with their family members, all would be well to visit Granny and Gramps just like before. I don't know about where the rest of you are, but here they're starting the restrictions again.

For some reason our elected officials, who are by no means the smartest people, seem to think that their constituency is made up almost entirely by people whose brain power approximates that of a mentally challenged 8 year old.

The one thing we know for sure is this: They are liars. That much has been demonstrated repeatedly.

No wonder they can't get people to take the vaccine. Understand me, you should get the vaccine, because it was made by people who are WAY smarter than anyone in Congress. However, I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't believe anything coming out of any agency affiliated with Washington D.C.

What a bunch of morons.

Just my opinion, rant over, carry on.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

The Delta variant is hitting younger people harder, like the flu did in1918.

edited August 2021

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Perhaps this should go under "stupid **** that pops into my head", but it's Covid specific stupid ****, so, here goes.

Two things.

Last year the government was telling us that kids don't get Covid, and if they do it's just a mild case, and there's no evidence that they carry or spread it. I don't know about the rest of you, but my BS detector went off big time.

Yeah, that's why they didn't close down schools for 15 months, right? Nobody with credibility ever believed this to my knowledge. We had documented positive minors from day 1. Sure, they mostly were asymptomatic, but it's not like they had some magical anatomy that prevented them from getting covid. Why wouldn't a small human be able to get a virus that a large human could? Is that how science works?

For some reason our elected officials, who are by no means the smartest people, seem to think that their constituency is made up almost entirely by people whose brain power approximates that of a mentally challenged 8 year old.

Um, we are. 8 year old is a really quite generous. We vote for whoever the meme on our favorite Instagram feed tells us to. Why else would 50 60 70 80 million people vote for a guy who was a reality tv star, with no applicable experience, to do the most important job in the world...twice? "We need a businessman in government" is as stupid of a comment as "we need a government man to run our business."

The one thing we know for sure is this: They are liars. That much has been demonstrated repeatedly.

They only do it because we let them get away with it.

No wonder they can't get people to take the vaccine. Understand me, you should get the vaccine, because it was made by people who are WAY smarter than anyone in Congress. However, I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't believe anything coming out of any agency affiliated with Washington D.C.

What a bunch of morons.

Just my opinion, rant over, carry on.

Yep, the vaccine is a political topic. We don't say, "my baby will probably survive measles, so I won't get him the shot." But we say it with covid? Oh, "the FDA hasn't fully approved it yet," you say as you smoke that Marlboro?

Insanity...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Speaking of Marlboro, the company is trying to buy a company that makes asthma inhalers.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 26,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

And get into the marijuana business.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone was Kung Flu fighting

Even though It kills more than lightning

Getting the vaccine is frightening

Since Dr. Fauci is the one who is lying

While the My Pillow Diick keeps crying

Everyone keeps Kung Flu fighting.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

That my pillow guy....Jesus.

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, thanks @Rob1110 .

Recently released information shows that 6 months out from vaccination with the Moderna vaccine still provides immunity in >96% of those tested. For those who don't know, that means that the T-Cells ARE doing their job.

What are the odds?
    Let's see, get Covid and there's roughly a 2% chance you will die. Of course, that's 98% that live.

So, lets compare that to getting the vaccine.

If you get the vaccine there's roughly a 0.0001% chance that you'll experience side effects.

Hmm, side effects? I think you tend to get over those.

Death? I haven't known anyone to get over that.

Act like you have some sense people.

Pissing up a rope, aren't I? I wonder if Jesus ever felt like that?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain