Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Wife went to the grocery store for the first time since before the lockdown. She was pretty nervous, saw people raw facing it and nose cocking, but went early and there weren't many people so she's feeling better about it, I think.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    My Wife went to the grocery store for the first time since before the lockdown. She was pretty nervous, saw people raw facing it and nose cocking, but went early and there weren't many people so she's feeling better about it, I think.

You must be real hungry.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done most of the shopping to this point, but since I'm working and she's got the summer off from teaching I guess she figured she would go.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Hope it passes without complications. I'll smoke a cigar for you in the meantime. Get yourself to a doctor for a test please.

Thank you for the kind words, very thoughtful. I am getting someone to bring me a good quality testing kit. Don't want to risk spreading to others going to the doctor even wearing an N95 mask, cant even get into the doctor for like 2 days either, plus afraid to leave the house with the runs never knowing when they are going to hit. Took me about 3 hours to eat all my breakfast...hopefully its stays put.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Temperature is back to 100.3 from 98.2 this Morning, I don't know what the fvck is going on here. Covid testing kit will be here soon, comes with two tests, was the best one I could find review wise, only had two left at the CVS, expensive little things.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Just got dropped off, will test after I eat dinner...any food is tearing me apart.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@TX98Z28
    Assuming positive, I'd think contact your Health Department, see if there's someplace you can get the antibody infusion. It's a strange disease, don't be a hero, reach out for help if you need it. Hope things go well.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Well first test shows negative and I currently have a fever still. It could be a false negative, I swabbed the hell outta my nostrils. Still have nearly all covid symptoms. Guess I’ll re test tomorrow and get into the doctor somehow fast to see what the hell I have. I don’t know if these test work for the new delta variant as it’s so new, I’m no biochemist.

edited July 2021

Edit double post

Make sure you stick it far enough up there, basically tickle the back of your eyeballs.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Make sure you stick it far enough up there, basically tickle the back of your eyeballs.

I had that swab way way up there yesterday. About to re test soon. Fever is gone but my stomach is killing me got cleaned out again but I’ll just take another drop of Sketch’s oil, that stuff kills the pain.

@CtheHam said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Seriously though, hope you feel better soon!

Thats fvcking hilarious Hahaha...it hurts to laugh but this made my day

I feel much better today, no fever so fair, smells still messed up, stomach better but can get painful some. Testing now...took a little to much "oil" yesterday plus I basically slept most the day, gonna jam this damn swab thing way up their till it cant do no further as @Amos_Umwhat and others have recommended. This is gonna suck!

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

If you test enough times, you will eventually come up positive. Stop testing soon as that happens, so you can brag that you survived.

Me, I just got shot.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I just tested positive. Jammed that damn think up there till both eyes started watering! It’s a thin line like it says in the instructions, already have had damn near every symptom also. I would say I’m on the down side now. Also called the doctors office and they said with all my symptoms and testing it would basically be pointless to come in just to pay them more to only test positive again lol I was like okay that does make sense.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems the CDC has how decided the Delta variant, is more likely to subject vaccinated persons you to a "breakthru" case of 'rona.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've just been mandated back to masks at our work.
    All state offices, buildings and work areas.
    I can go without my mask in my office and service truck, but all other areas, I have to wear a mask, starting today.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    I just tested positive. Jammed that damn think up there till both eyes started watering! It’s a thin line like it says in the instructions, already have had damn near every symptom also. I would say I’m on the down side now. Also called the doctors office and they said with all my symptoms and testing it would basically be pointless to come in just to pay them more to only test positive again lol I was like okay that does make sense.

I think you're just seeing double. There's no line there.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    We've just been mandated back to masks at our work.
    All state offices, buildings and work areas.
    I can go without my mask in my office and service truck, but all other areas, I have to wear a mask, starting today.

That sucks.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Frank I am not going argue with you over the pictures. The faint line is there it just didn't show up on the pictures well, even the instructions faint line doesn't really show at all like it does seeing it in person. I tested positive. I do NOT feel well! Went to bed early last night as I felt better then BAM! Complete loss of energy, fatigue, the knife pain in my stomach came back, fever is gone though for now. Woke up this morning real early running to the bathroom, cleaned out again, my throat is swollen and scratchy, neck and face are somewhat swollen too and ache. Shallow cough, runny, nose and mild sneezing are also new symptoms for today along with more energy loss, fatigue and headache.

I DO NOT have the flu to make that damn clear! I need to be test driving new Camaros to see if going to factory order a 10 speed auto or 6 speed manual for this certain trim level w/ package and that ain't happening because of this virus! I need to get this fvcking car ordered! So yeah I am not happy! I'll keep updating, so far symptoms except for the runs for a week straight have been moderate to mild. So I've had this virus **** since last Sunday night and it's still throwing new symptoms at me still, which is what it does, which sucks.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well dang...just think how bad it's be if you had a thick line! Hope you feel better. Smoke that **** out of your system!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Did not know the shitz was a rona symptom.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally every symptom other than normal is rona.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited August 2021

@Patrickbrick said:
    Literally every symptom other than normal is rona.

I have a callous on my heel. I have to put bag balm on it so it won't dry out and crack.

Think I got the rona.

Holy Cow! Bag balm cures the rona!

Jess funnin with ya Tex. Hope you can stop the trots and get better.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you’re getting it.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I am starting to doubt and question myself on why I have not been vaccinated. I have never got the flu shot and I just don’t get sick much. To the unvaccinated out there I ask why haven’t you been vaccinated?

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never got the flu shot either, until last year, when I was told I couldn’t see my grandson unless I did! Like that was a hard decision! Lol I did get vaccinated, after it became obvious that people weren’t growing a third arm, etc.! Although an extra hand would help out sometimes! To each their own!

edited August 2021

Go get vaccinated. It's free, it's easy, it's painless, and the life you save may NOT be your own. It will most likely be your wife, your child, your parent, your neighbor, your coworker. To think of it only in terms of yourself is nothing less than selfish.

To the antivaxxers among us I only have 2 things to say:

Darwin may not always have been right, but he was definitely on to something. We're currently calling the proof of that statement "the Delta Variant".

Regarding antivaccination arguments, of which I've seen many baseless and insane claims, I can only repeat the advice given to me by my father and my first father-in-law: Never argue with drunks or fools, they're immune to fact-based logic, but they can be motivated to acts of incredible stupidity.

Go get vaccinated.

(If you're a fool, hit the disagree button below)