Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    😂

China Deploys **** Swabs For Covid-19 Testing, Says It's More Accurate

https://apple.news/AslteuBHDTkGo-9Rcd_ySNw

And you thought the nasal swabs were uncomfortable.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

that young lady has almost no waist, eating disorder?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    that young lady has almost no waist, eating disorder?

With that kind of posture it's likely that she is wearing a coreset. they have been making a comeback in the last decade.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Early on in the COVID-19 pandemic, doctors around the world reported high success rates using an inexpensive treatment protocol of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and zinc, typically in combination with an antibiotic to treat secondary bacterial infections
    A medical review in the January 2021 issue of The American Journal of Medicine now urges early use of HCQ and zinc to reduce hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19
    HCQ is a zinc ionophore, meaning it shuttles zinc into the cell, and there’s compelling evidence to suggest the primary benefit of the HCQ protocol actually comes from the zinc, which effectively inhibits viral replication
    For patients with cardinal features of COVID-19 (fever, body aches, nasal congestion, loss of taste and smell) at-home treatment can be the same as those with confirmed COVID-19, the authors say
    While media headlines have painted HCQ as a life-threatening drug, it actually has a very robust safety profile that goes back decades

https://principia-scientific.com/the-american-journal-of-medicine-now-recommends-hcq-for-covid19/

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, now that Trump's out of office, it works? ^^^

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Uh huh, interesting. "Don't shoot the messenger" comes to mind.

edited February 2021

@silvermouse said:
    Uh huh, interesting. "Don't shoot the messenger" comes to mind.

Lol, not meaning to shoot the messenger. Definitely NOT directed at you. I appreciate your effort in finding and telling us about these things.

It's just that there was NO news forthcoming from the medical world while Trump was advocating this treatment. It may have been out there, but no media outlet would touch it.

In fact, just the opposite. The late night TV personalities made much of Trumps ignorance and apparent willful lying about hydroxychloroquine as a treatment option. Loudly. Similar to their misrepresentation of his suggesting that it would be nice if there were a simple solution, the way we spray bleach on a counter-top to kill germs. They immediately represented this innocent comment as "Trump suggests injecting bleach...". If there was any opposition to this I'm unaware of it. It seemed to be stifled.

So, now that the Trumpster is gone, it's OK to verify that this treatment may in fact be effective.

Makes one wonder just who had OUR best interests at heart, and who cynically didn't give a rip about you and me, as long as their political ends were met.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Yes. That was my point and I was agreeing with you. I didn't think your comment was aimed at me. I have to watch my sentence structure more closely....

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting article, Edward. Even better that I could understand this one.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

"A new experimental Covid-19 vaccine has shown promising results in early animal testing, according to researchers who say the preventive may provide protection against existing and future strains"

"The vaccine takes an unusual approach in that it targets a part of the spike protein of the virus, the "viral fusion peptide," that is essentially universal among coronaviruses.

The spike protein helps the virus to enter the human cells.

The fusion peptide has not been observed to differ at all in the many genetic sequences of SARS-CoV-2 that have been obtained from thousands of patients around the world during the pandemic."

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/new-covid-vaccine-may-provide-protection-against-future-strains-scientists-121042100379_1.html

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been saying that since the beginning. Any closed HVAC system recirculates the air within, this should not be shocking to anyone.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

97% survivable.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

We are doing pretty well as a nation, not quite so as humans. Things are looking bad, pandemic-wise for much of the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/01/world/world-covid-crisis-covax-dst-intl-cmd/index.html

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

likely that folks, like my wife, who are on immunosuppressants won't be protected by a vaccine...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/health/covid-19-vaccine-immunosuppressants/index.html

@silvermouse said:
    likely that folks, like my wife, who are on immunosuppressants won't be protected by a vaccine...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/health/covid-19-vaccine-immunosuppressants/index.html

I've wondered about that. They push immunosuppressants for so many conditions now, psoriasis etc., I sometimes question the wisdom. If you're a transplant recipient, well, no choice. But, if you're Crohn's or Lupus or some such, where's "the line" that you may not want to cross? Hopefully the herd immunity effect will lessen the likelihood of being infected in the first place.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still not sure about this supposed vaccine and it's need. If I get the vaccine I can still contract the virus and I can still spread the virus, why the push for an ineffective "cure"?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.