Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you're being looked at as a monster. Six year old kids are notorious for lacking discretion, and loudly so. Lol. I think the kid and the family decided to avoid you because you're not wearing a mask. So be it. If you're worried about hearing criticism from a 6-year-old kid, I guess the safe place to wear a mask, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

We do the same thing, In Nevada, it's probably higher than 5%, but mask use is dwindling quickly. We are definitely in the minority in wearing masks around here. Still, it doesn't hurt my feelings or offend me for people who don't want to wear a mask. Vaccinated or not. You do you and I'll do me.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I don't think you're being looked at as a monster. Six year old kids are notorious for lacking discretion, and loudly so. Lol. I think the kid and the family decided to avoid you because you're not wearing a mask. So be it. If you're worried about hearing criticism from a 6-year-old kid, I guess the safe place to wear a mask, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

We do the same thing, In Nevada, it's probably higher than 5%, but mask use is dwindling quickly. We are definitely in the minority in wearing masks around here. Still, it doesn't hurt my feelings or offend me for people who don't want to wear a mask. Vaccinated or not. You do you and I'll do me.

I'm not used to being around kids, especially not 6 of them and their parents on the course lol. When 8 people just run off like that after she said that, yeah thats not common here, doesn't make one feel very welcome at any course or place. It wasn't just the little girl it was everyone and they ran like I had a gun or something but yeah they can run if they want. Stranger things have happened at the course though...like the guy with a shield and sword, that was a sight to see lol.

Thats fair Frank, your family your decision especially with the heath concerns and I have no problem with that.

I am more open minded than y'all could even imagine, just don't like feeling un welcomed but who's not to say the family might have felt the same way about me.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I think that the COVID lock-down has definitely changed peoples views on personal distance and masks and I think that there's a lot of residual fear. I've seen this in my own family. I was a bit put off when someone from the local water agency pulled up to me in his vehicle without a mask on just a few feet away to tell me that they're shutting my water off for a few hours. Fear is not always reasonable and being barraged by the media constantly on this topic is not necessarily helping.

I also understand the issues of high risk persons, we're seeing people with high risk factors get the disease even though they've been vaccinated. (breakthrough)

I've heard people not wearing masks described as Barefacing it. Funny, but a bit loaded emotionally.

I'm hoping that things will return to a less fearful world.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have nothing to fear but fearmongering itself.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I know is our area is having a bigger surge than last year, if you believe the national news.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a big hoax, those citizens are all faking being sick or dying.

Wife told me that Cali reinstituted the mask mandate and recommended against travel to Nevada....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    It's a big hoax, those citizens are all faking being sick or dying.

Finally! A man who gets it!

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Wife told me that Cali reinstituted the mask mandate and recommended against travel to Nevada....

LA County reinstated indoor mask mandate.
    It’s only a matter of time before Santa Clara County ( where I live) does the same.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will mask up again, the number of people being infected won’t go down but we will be told once again how affective the masks are.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe 1 in 20 here wear a mask

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't do it again.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:
    I can't do it again.

It’s okay, it’s your choice

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@TX98Z28 said:

@ShawnOL said:
    I can't do it again.

In your own home, correct. In a private business….. 👎

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@ShawnOL said:
    I can't do it again.

Only if the private business owner has a sign that says “face coverings are required”.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a Dr appointment yesterday, 6 “mask required” signs on the door. I walk in and half several staff members weren’t wearing masks.

@TX98Z28 said:

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@ShawnOL said:
    I can't do it again.

Only if the private business owner has a sign that says “face coverings are required”.

Or mandated by local ordinance. The town my store is in had a mask mandate in place for a few days after the state said no masks.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

so did my rink. ^^^^

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

Who gains from a fearful public?

A little dirt never hurt
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:

@webmost said:

Power addicts and media moguls

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@webmost said:

@dirtdude said:

@webmost said:

Power addicts and media moguls

Yes I do 😈👿😈👿

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:

@webmost said:

The people in "control"

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Gives folks something to whine about.

Opinion: Concerned vaccine skeptics push back against disturbing fad of teenagers living

GRAPHIC: An impressionable young man partakes of "the jab." (Stringer/Reuters)
    Image without a caption
    Opinion by
    Alexandra Petri
    Columnist
    July 16, 2021|Updated July 16, 2021 at 12:42 p.m. EDT

TENNESSEE — Stunned by the tidal wave of teenagers receiving accurate health information and possibly even being vaccinated against communicable diseases, legislators here have rallied to put a halt to the startling mania that has swept from high school to high school.

Youths the state over were partaking of the fad in their pediatricians’ offices, seemingly as fast as they could get to the needles. But at the urging of Republican state legislators, Tennessee’s health department has stopped all vaccine outreach to minors, not just that pertaining to the covid-19 vaccine. Concerned parties took swift action in Ohio, too, where legislators have prevented schools from following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention around vaccinations. Thank heavens someone was pushing back against this horrible new pattern, protecting young people who would otherwise succumb and be vaccinated, almost guaranteeing them a miserable 60 or 70 additional years on the planet.

“Do you know what happens to the millions of teenagers who are vaccinated against diseases like polio and HPV?” a concerned party demanded. “It’s right there in the studies: They go on to lead healthy, normal lives instead of dying excruciating early deaths. Not only that, but they protect those around them through herd immunity."

The skeptics noted with horror that if their areas’ teenagers fell to peer pressure with this vaccination trend, they might grow up to be lawyers, accordion players or even members of state legislatures. “Some of them, when they become adults, may become the kind of people who have small dogs that they refer to as their ‘fur babies.’” All this, they noted, could be prevented by just saying no to vaccination now.

Clearly, standards had declined over the past hundred years. “Contracting polio and dying was a fact of life for my grandparents’ generation,” observed one ardent opponent. “But Gen Z and the coddled kids these days somehow think they should get some sort of escape from that reality simply because medical science has improved and such deaths today would be not only unnecessary but utterly pointless?"

Vaccination, as pediatricians have long observed, can be a gateway into years of engagement with modern medical science. First, a youngster is getting vaccinated against measles, mumps and rubella, and then before you know it, they are dosing themselves with annual flu vaccinations and, in some cases, penicillin. “It’s a cycle,” one doctor noted. “Get them access to lifesaving medicine when they’re young, and you have someone who will keep coming back for more of it for decades.”

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

^^^Lol^^^
    I love my home state of Tennessee, the people? Well, usually. There's a reason the Scope's Trial happened here. Most of my fellow citizens don't seem to realize that voting is an opportunity. They think it's a test, leave the polls thinking "I got all of 'em right!". Once they're in office, probably never going to leave, at least, not upright.

Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
    U.S. Life Expectancy Fell By 1.5 Years In 2020, The Biggest Drop Since WWII

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/07/21/1018590263/u-s-life-expectancy-fell-1-5-years-2020-biggest-drop-since-ww-ii-covid

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simon says: "Masks on".

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Think I got the Rona... fever, chills, severe runs, nausea, smells off, equilibriums off, muscle aches, stomach feels like it’s got a knife in it, **** is messing with everything in my body no joke. I just woke up in a pool of sweat, ran straight to the can, getting cleaned out again. Will check for temp once round 8 is over. The most bizarre thing is my temperature keeps fluctuating between 98-101ish, that has never happened ever with any virus and I haven’t been sick in 4+ years. Will update throughout the day.

Hope it passes without complications. I'll smoke a cigar for you in the meantime. Get yourself to a doctor for a test please.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take care of yourself, I hope you recover quickly.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )