Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Corona Virus Vaccine

TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Non Cigar Related

Would you take or be administered any Corona Virus Vaccine? There are 6 options to cover different opinions, instead of just no or yes. Also this is just a poll nothing more nothing less.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Corona Virus Vaccine 29 votes

No Not Ever
27%
Poker_SlobjsnakePatrickbrickWaterNerdShawnOLTX98Z28BKDogTrykflyr_1 8 votes
Yes ASAP
41%
Amos_UmwhatCAcigarguy007Visionmiller65rodFirst_WarriorsilvermouseMoleRatCalvinAndHoboMrShrekVegasFrankCtheHamFIRERAT 12 votes
No 1 Year After Vaccine Release
6%
0patienceMorganGeo 2 votes
Yes 1 Year After Vaccine Release
13%
avengethis84CJ7IndustMechCam_91 4 votes
No 5 Years After Vaccine Release
3%
Grawls 1 vote
Yes 5 Years After Vaccine Release
6%
skydiverDTheKraken 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

Sure. The Army injected me with whatever they felt appropriate, lots of injections, and I'm not dead yet.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too soon to say. I'm not going to be the first to take the vaccine, there's others that need it more than I do, I feel, but I don't think I'd wait a year. Need more info. Can you still be a carrier if your vaccinated?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t think I’ll have a lot of choice. I just hope there’s no side affects later on.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

There are side effects (in the tests people were told to take acetaminophen every 6 hours....) but my wife and I will put up with that over possibly dying in some hospital.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 1 Year After Vaccine Release

Always been a bit of a procrastinator.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    No Not Ever

I wanted to clarify after reading comments (can't edit 1 hour),
    "No 1 or 5 Years After Vaccine Release" still means your open to the idea of being vaccinated but you may believe it's to soon still or skeptical of long term side effects etc. I could have put 10 or the max for voting choices but that might confuse people including my self lol.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@silvermouse said:
    There are side effects (in the tests people were told to take acetaminophen every 6 hours....) but my wife and I will put up with that over possibly dying in some hospital.

I can deal with that too, I am talking long term down the road.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

Yes as me and my other are high risk status.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 1 Year After Vaccine Release

I voted 1 year after.
    I say that, because when the pneumonia shot came out, I waited longer than I should have to get the shot and I paid for it.
    The 2 years previous to getting the pneumonia shot, I was down twice with pneumonia, mostly because of the conditions I work in.

IF the vaccine is mandatory, I will likely fight having it done.
    I hate being told I have to do something. So if it is mandatory, I will likely put it off as long as possible to see the real information on it.

If it is not mandatory, I may look into getting it when I feel it is necessary.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends. I've seen projections of it costing americans 10s of thousands for this shot. I've already got the damn virus. I survived. I will not go bankrupt to pay for it. If it's offered in a walk-in clinic like the flu shot, yeah, I'll get it.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Not Ever

Depends what the girl with the needle looks like.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Yes ASAP

If I wasn't considered high risk myself, I probably would have intentionally tried to get the coronavirus once my job sent everyone to work from home, just to get it out of the way. Aside from being diabetic, I'm young and in shape so if my immune system was normal I would have been fine, and it would have been the easiest time to self isolate. A vaccine is just a controlled way of doing that, and the whole point of vaccines is to achieve herd immunity. I don't quite understand why people who believes that herd immunity needs to be the end goal, would oppose vaccines. Maybe someone on the other side could help explain it to me? Is it the Bill Gates microchip thing? (everyone already carries a phone around, Bill Gates is all set in terms of spying on us as it is). Are people worried the vaccine (aka, a controlled small dose of the virus) could be worse than the virus itself?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

@TX98Z28 said:

@ShawnOL said:

It's probably just one shot in the rump, you'll be able to sit in 3 weeks, it will be fine.

And that girl has some kind of fùcked up arm. And either it's really hairy or it's really not hairy, either way it's creepy.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

What girl?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    No Not Ever

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@ShawnOL said:

It's probably just one shot in the rump, you'll be able to sit in 3 weeks, it will be fine.

And that girl has some kind of fùcked up arm. And either it's really hairy or it's really not hairy, either way it's creepy.

It's not the arm nor person that scares me in that picture.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Not Ever

It's not just because all government today is a corporate oligarchy, it's not because Fauci is a murdering criminal scumbag, it's not because the FDA will permit big pharma to peddle poisons because the class action lawsuit business is good for the economy and the profits always outweigh the risk, and it's certainly not because Americans are heavily medicated to the point at which they've lined up for flu vaccines in the past and have no idea what virus interference really is and how they are more susceptible to corona viruses.
    No, it's simply a matter of principle for me. Also, because Sweden. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If something kills you, then the weak perish and the people who remain are stronger and can continue the gene medley parade. I've never really been a Darwin fan, but this is one aspect he got right.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BKDog said:
    I've never really been a Darwin fan, but this is one aspect he got right.

We ardently believe in the theory of natural selection, but not in its practice.
    My diabetic friends will say this is a good thing.
    My many contemporaries who were prevented from becoming polio victims are now free to opine either way.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Not Ever

Never! Politicians don't care how many people die. They only care about themselves and their agenda. Look at the governor of New York...enough said.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Poker_Slob said:
    Never! Politicians don't care how many people die. They only care about themselves and their agenda. Look at the governor of New York...enough said.

Apparently the current republican politicians, they are willing to die for there agenda.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    PeachesPeaches Posts: 14 ✭✭

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:
    Hellava first post..... @Peaches

Maybe that's her in the photo...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yes ASAP

nothing like a little fat-shaming to make one feel superior.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

Fat shaming?

Or:

Stick your finger up your buttt in public shaming?

Are these really the same thing?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Maybe she was almost rear ended pulling in the gas station and had to check if she **** herself.

• Options
    Yes ASAP

She is probably pulling up her bunched panties, thought she was unobserved, and didn't realize she was being monitored by a security camera and some jerk decided it would be 'funny' to spread it around the world on the internet. Yes, it is fat shaming. If it was a lithe 17-year-old it would be voyeuristic and equally an embarrassing violation.