Corona Virus Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

@silvermouse said:
    She is probably pulling up her bunched panties, thought she was unobserved, and didn't realize she was being monitored by a security camera and some jerk decided it would be 'funny' to spread it around the world on the internet. Yes, it is fat shaming. If it was a lithe 17-year-old it would be voyeuristic and equally an embarrassing violation.

This message is

Fat-guy approved

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Yes ASAP

Dang it! Now we have to find a picture of a 50 year old 5'10" 160 lb. white Christian Male with a full head of hair with his finger up HIS buttt so we can laugh at that? Nothing's ever easy, is it?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yes ASAP

Everybody's got to have somebody to look down on,
    Who they can feel better than at any time they please,
    Someone doin' somethin' dirty decent folks can frown on,
    If you ain't got nobody, brother,
    Help yourself to me.

(apologies to Kris Kristofferson)

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Dang it! Now we have to find a picture of a 50 year old 5'10" 160 lb. white Christian Male with a full head of hair with his finger up HIS buttt so we can laugh at that? Nothing's ever easy, is it?

🤣 dare you to google that

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fat.
    Not proud of it.
    Someone shame me enough I might do something about it.
    Prolly save my life.

TIA

Least my finger doesn't stink.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Yes ASAP

To be fair and completely honest, I get Edwards point, somewhat. I'm about 60 - 70 pounds over BMI myself. I can write off a little of that, since when the Army determined that my body-fat content was < 8%, I was still 20 pounds over BMI. "Big boned", yeah, that's the ticket!

At any rate, I wouldn't ever have taken that picture or posted it. Well, AFTER the age of 15 or so I wouldn't have ever taken that picture or posted it.

I guess the reason that I carried on so is this: I find the modern Social Justice Warrior, and the Traditional Bigot, to be about the same critter. Both are seeking out some aberration from whatever they consider "normal" so that they can persecute the aberrancy and thus feel better about themselves.

I could be wrong, I suppose. I just see all kinds of Social Justice Warriors these days, and they all seem to be looking for someone to hate.

Hate = Hate. More hate will not resolve hate. Hating the hater makes you a hater.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

• Options

The OP never mentioned a word about girth.
    Myself, I'm more apt to be caught with a hand down the front rather'n the back.

Parenthetically, the Pennsylvania Health Director decreed recently that rimjobs at orgies are kewl so long as you wash your hands. Gotta love it.

TMI?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 1 Year After Vaccine Release

OP = DZR?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Yes ASAP

Here is your non-fat shaming version. Still not okay?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody see the "vaccination" videos that have been circulating with either the cap still being on the syringe or the doctor not pushing the plunger (for my lack of a better term) in to actually deliver the fluid into the body?

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    No Not Ever

never mind

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Fat shaming?

Or:

Stick your finger up your buttt in public shaming?

Are these really the same thing?

Hey! Some of us are into that stuff. I mean..... people I know... for a friend.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Not Ever

@IndustMech said:
    OP = DZR?

No, I am not DZR, don't know how this came about.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 1 Year After Vaccine Release

@TX98Z28 said:

@IndustMech said:
    OP = DZR?

No, I am not DZR, don't know how this came about.

Sorry @TX98Z28 . I meant the poster of the butt scratching pic, peaches

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Here is your non-fat shaming version. Still not okay?

Need a hand with that?

• Options
    Yes ASAP

I can't figure out if she's getting arrested, "OK officer, here's my stash", or if she was part of a sting operation and that's where they hid the "wire"? I have the feeling I wouldn't want to be in her jeans, whatever the story is.

• Options
    PeachesPeaches Posts: 14 ✭✭

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yes ASAP

You plan on procreation?

The guy missed "it'll give me autism"

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Not Ever

I hadn't planned on that since I was about 12. Not dad material.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Yes ASAP

Me neither!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ASAP

I agree with the fundamental premise here, (the government is pressuring me to do something, which almost always means it's not a good idea.) But I think his science portion of the argument is missing a lot. He's right that there's lots of missing information, but I haven't seen any counter points from him (or anyone else) about harm being greater than if we just the virus continue. If you take 100 people and vaccinate them, then give them the virus, I'd love to know how their health compares to 100 people just getting the virus.

There's missing information about the long term effects of getting the vaccine, and there's missing information about the long term effects of getting the virus without it being weakened by the vaccine. To me personally it just feels like russian roulette either way, but there's more empty chambers in the gun if I go the vaccine route.

I do wish that politicians would shut up about it though, they don't seem to realize that no one trusts them, and it's baffling. Does a senator really thing "these people weren't going to get vaccinated, but now since I'm telling them it's a good idea, they will."? Democrats were going to get vaccinated regardless, and republicans were on the fence. The complete wrong way to get a republican to do something is to tell them they need to because someone else said so. It's an astounding lack of understanding.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in the service at the time and avoided getting my required swine flu vaccine several times. I was under orders to get vaccinated, one final time or face punishment, when vaccinations were halted.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/05/01/vaccine-swine-flu-coronavirus/

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Yes ASAP

I've known a few people that had polio. All were my age or older and either a: lived in an area where vaccines were unavailable or b: had parents who believed that vaccines were a bad idea.

Everyone else I know, who all got the polio vaccine, didn't get polio.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s just too much misinformation. The CDC is saying that it’s only made for the primary strain. They are also saying that you need it even if you’ve had coronavirus. Please tell me what some deactivated virus cells can teach my body that the real thing could not? Also bear in mind that COVID antibodies fade. Expect booster shots for your entire life if nothing additional comes up.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Yes ASAP

Unless we eradicate it ^ which is something I don't see happening as long as young healthy people don't care if they get it.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I have it and developed my own antibodies, what done the vaccine do for me that nature didn’t?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...