Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

15 views on Travis' @BullSquatch's Merry Christmas giveaway, and no comments. Nice try, Travis. We'll see who steps up.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it to Musk to not idiot-proof his Teslas...so now the car will remind drivers that they are driving, lol. Technology making the world dumber again.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/tech/tesla-recall-autopilot/index.html
    Tesla is recalling nearly all 2 million of its cars on US roads to limit the use of its Autopilot feature following a two-year probe by US safety regulators of roughly 1,000 crashes in which the feature was engaged.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never should have been allowed in the first place.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Today's ear worm, Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praise_the_Lord_and_Pass_the_Ammunition

• Options

When referring to a Small Batch exclusive cigar I use the initials SB, but which is grammatically correct, a SB or an SB?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    When referring to a Small Batch exclusive cigar I use the initials SB, but which is grammatically correct, a SB or an SB?

...hours to go before I sleep...

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

An should be used before a vowel in most instances.
    An apple, an exclusive
    A before a consonant
    A car, a Smallbatch exclusive

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

An hour

• Options
    edited December 2023

So it should be a SB when read non-phonetically and an SB otherwise if the reader thinks phonetically while reading--"an ess bee"?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

They should make a waterproof phone for such situations.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Stupid **** that pops into my head is water soluble. I know this because all the great stupid **** that pops into my head while I'm in the shower is gone by the time I get on the forum. I don't know if it gets absorbed into the towel, or just swirls down the drain. If I can figure it out, maybe I'll remember some of this great stupid **** to post here, but for now I've got nothing.

;)

No, no, don't worry about it. You're doing fine.

• Options

Out of the blue yesterday, a name.

Gordon Shumway.

• Options

@TRayB said:

Gordon Shumway.

Hide your cats!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TRayB said:

Gordon Shumway.

Hide your cats!

No cats here, but I'm wondering when buoillabaiseball season starts.

• Options

Had to look that one up, @TRayB. I'm so out of touch with culture.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm. What if I were to sneak into a foreign country illegally, not speaking their language, and expect them to put me up in a fancy hotel, feed me and give me a cellphone? And then I complain the hotel isn't good enough and demand food I approve of instead of the local cuisine? I wonder how welll that would go over? Your thoughts?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Hmmmm. What if I were to sneak into a foreign country illegally, not speaking their language, and expect them to put me up in a fancy hotel, feed me and give me a cellphone? And then I complain the hotel isn't good enough and demand food I approve of instead of the local cuisine? I wonder how welll that would go over? Your thoughts?

Don't forget to bring your sick relatives and demand free medical care.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitting here wondering if it’s too damn soon to start planning the 2024 Herf? 🤔

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Sitting here wondering if it’s too damn soon to start planning the 2024 Herf? 🤔

Wrong thread.