Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of ham with cloves and 7-up.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Reminds me of ham with cloves and 7-up.

I've been told that this is a fake picture, but that people do cook hot dogs in Mt. Dew.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

Pretty soon you won't have to post it here, AI will do it for you:

Mind-reading machines are coming — how can we keep them in check?
    Devices that can record and change brain activity will create privacy issues that challenge existing human-rights legislation, say researchers.

..."But commercial devices are of more pressing concern to ethicists. Companies from start-ups to tech giants are developing wearable devices for widespread use that include headsets, earbuds and wristbands that record different forms of neural activity — and will give manufacturers access to that information."

"The privacy of this data is a key issue. Rafael Yuste, a neuroscientist at Columbia University in New York City, told the meeting that an unpublished analysis by the Neurorights Foundation, which he co-founded, found that 18 companies offering consumer neurotechnologies have terms and conditions that require users to give the company ownership of their brain data. All but one of those firms reserve the right to share that data with third parties. “I would describe this as predatory,” Yuste says. “It reflects the lack of regulation.”"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02405-y

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Pretty soon you won't have to post it here, AI will do it for you:

Mind-reading machines are coming — how can we keep them in check?
    Devices that can record and change brain activity will create privacy issues that challenge existing human-rights legislation, say researchers.

..."But commercial devices are of more pressing concern to ethicists. Companies from start-ups to tech giants are developing wearable devices for widespread use that include headsets, earbuds and wristbands that record different forms of neural activity — and will give manufacturers access to that information."

"The privacy of this data is a key issue. Rafael Yuste, a neuroscientist at Columbia University in New York City, told the meeting that an unpublished analysis by the Neurorights Foundation, which he co-founded, found that 18 companies offering consumer neurotechnologies have terms and conditions that require users to give the company ownership of their brain data. All but one of those firms reserve the right to share that data with third parties. “I would describe this as predatory,” Yuste says. “It reflects the lack of regulation.”"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02405-y

Sounds like Harrison Bergeron is due anytime now.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Global Warming/Climate Change/The Sky Is Falling was supposed to have made the oceans rise by now, why isn't Florida under water? Hmmm. Food for thought.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Keep watching

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it you can buy a carton of egg whites but not a carton of egg yolks?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you can actually

• Options

Sounds like the yolks on you.

:p

• Options

Your suspicions are true, I've been drinking.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something I wish would pop into my mind more often;

I know enough to know when I don't know enough and not form too strong an opinion

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

My agree is not that you don’t know enough, but that it pertains to me as well.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    If any of you groan button advocates wish to groan at my post above, hit the agree button on this post. I'll know your intent and you'll only need to push one button you lazy ****s.

I hit the agree button but there was no groan. Grace is dying off. Beauty goes with it.

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Peter! @peter4jc

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hear me out... Air conditioned underwear.